PDA

View Full Version : G.O.D.

TrongpaiExpat
June 3rd, 2007, 15:58
We dropped in the new (newish) G.O.D. last night. The midnight show is now at 12:30. I have not been there since it was Freemans. The place got a slight makeover, not for the better. The cruise rooms are gone or so well hidden I did not see them. The bathrooms have those annoying attendants that massage you when you at the urinal and follow you to the sink. It was Saturday night and there were very few customers. I did hear it gets busy(er) after DJ station closes. There were more farangs than Thai in the place and that's unusual for low season. I seem to recall the old Freeman was packed with more Thai than Farang.

The show is the usual lady boy numbers with cute boy back up dancers doing lip-sync. I recognized some of the dancers from the former Xcite. If you like lip-sync than don't go, they did not have it quite right, just off a bit on the sync side. The show was only about 20/25 min. so it was not that painful to watch.

The stage is too small and if you really want to see the show there is no unobstructed view. The chairs are uncomfortable and strangely placed. The drinks watered down but the service is polite and efficient. They don't push drinks on you either.

Just my opinion but I would not return. I would not be surprised if it does not last long.

June 3rd, 2007, 16:28
I hear also that it gets going when DJ closes and runs for several hours often until dawn.

June 3rd, 2007, 17:38
Maybe they had an off night,

I had a very good impression of the place and Richards next door.

It is also correct it is very much an after hours place.

TrongpaiExpat
June 3rd, 2007, 19:38
Maybe they had an off night,

I had a very good impression of the place and Richards next door
It is also correct it is very much an after hours place.

To each is own taste. I did not like it at all but liked Freeman.

I also don't care for Richards, next door. Don't like the decor, the food or the drinks.

Again, everyone has their likes and dislikes, don't let my dislikes put you off from a visit. Give it a try.

It seems this weekend in Bangkok there are loads of young circuit looking Koreans. Must be either with the RAIN entourage or RAIN groupies. They seem to be very sticky, not even interested in young good looking farangs or even the Thais. They are in groups and hitting all the gay spots and staying to themselves.

thrillbill
June 3rd, 2007, 20:46
I run up to BKK on weekends as much as possible for the night life at soi 4 and 2 (for me Pattaya doesn't have much to offer except the GO-GO boy clubs.) Yes, DJ's is crowded but I guess everyone goes there to people watch and for the music... but after 2am G.O.D. is hopping. It closes by 5:30am. Last night It was full with a lot of great looking Thais and many of them are not the regular "pick-ups" located on the second level of DJ's. (By the way, the paid gorgeous dancer strutting his stuff above the DJ counter is hot!) The music isn't only better, but there is more of a chance to strike up a conversation with someone since there is more room. If you're single and in decent shape, you'll be able to hook up with someone for the early morning :bounce:

June 4th, 2007, 13:36
Funny how different people see things. I usually find myself agreeing with Trongpai on his venue descriptions but with GOD I think he is way out.
I have been there many times and I like it. It is not worth going to before DJ's closes but after 3.00am it is busy with lots of guys looking for that last chance for a pick up. It stays open until 5.30 during the week and sometimes later at weekends. I have never failed to pick up a guy there. Some are money boys, some are not but the choice is yours (mine)
Weekdays the entrance is 240 Baht inc.2 drinks and weekends has now gone up to 280 Baht inc.2 drinks.
The :pukeright: Giant Fag-Hag :pukeleft: is still there dominating the stage and groping any boy who gets up to dance.

How they get away with being able to stay open so late is ........ obviou$$$.

thrillbill
June 4th, 2007, 21:43
I don't know what "giant fag hag"means, but if it refers to that scuzzy "wanna-be???" Dutch lady dancing on the cat walk, I think some of us should push her off some night...Now she is appearing at DJ'standing in the back. I want to take that black fan of hers and wave her goodbye with it...

June 4th, 2007, 21:52
I don't know what "giant fag hag"means, but if it refers to that scuzzy "wanna-be???" Dutch lady dancing on the cat walk, I think some of us should push her off some night...Now she is appearing at DJ'standing in the back. I want to take that black fan of hers and wave her goodbye with it...

Thrillbill,

FagHag is a term used for a woman that likes to hang around in the company of gays, because it gives them a sense of feeling that they are "Hip and Trendy"

Giant Fag Hag, I naturally presume either refers to O.T.T. behavior or her weight!!!

Is she on the large side??? if not, is she behaving in a fashion to draw attention to herself??? Ostentatious perhaps????

June 4th, 2007, 21:54
FagHag is a term used for a woman that likes to hang around in thre company of gays, because it gives them a sense of feeling that they are "Hip and Trendy"

Giant Fag Hag, I naturally presume either refers to O.T.T. behaviour or her weight!!!

Is that what it is? I always assumed it was women who were unable to get the attention they crave from straight men. Mostly, because they were either too fat, too ugly, too brash, or too aggressive.

June 4th, 2007, 21:58
FagHag is a term used for a woman that likes to hang around in thre company of gays, because it gives them a sense of feeling that they are "Hip and Trendy"

Giant Fag Hag, I naturally presume either refers to O.T.T. behaviour or her weight!!!

Is that what it is? I always assumed it was women who were unable to get the attention they crave from straight men. Mostly, because they were either too fat, too ugly, too brash, or too aggressive.

BG,

That can go in there alongside as well.

thrillbill
June 5th, 2007, 01:52
thanks, amazing what I can learn from this forum. She's not fat but would be ordinary in a straight bar...yes, she is drawing attention but not the kind of positive attention she thinks she's creating. Her black bra, pants, and fan with her dance routine is just old--she needs to move on to Patpong street. I want to see more handsome muscular torsos on stage in their briefs smiling away.

June 6th, 2007, 00:35
what is the official line with regard to closing times, I thought it was 1:00 a.m.

June 6th, 2007, 01:11
what is the official line with regard to closing times, I thought it was 1:00 a.m.

Whitedesire,

It is legally 1.00am.

There are one or two areas classed as "special dispensation areas" but these are few and far between.

A lot stay open because of "pictures of the King" exchanging hands.

There is black,there is white, and there is Thai grey, The best colour of them all.

[ And long may it continue, if it doesn't fit, change the rules until it does! ]