View Full Version : New Boy Bar in Bangkok

June 3rd, 2007, 15:02
A few nights ago b/f and I were walking home from a movie when we took a short cut down Soi Pramot 1 where we discovered a new boy bar had opened in one of the sub sois.

The bar decorated in a traditional Thai theme had about 20 boys 18-22, all good looking with a range of physiques from the small/slim to the more toned swimmer physique, all the boys wore only swimmers. Thankfully no ladyboys or muscle marys and the mamasan, who is also the bar manager was non-pushy and very welcoming although we only went in for a drink. Drinks are comparable to other Thai bars and no presssure to buy any of the boys a drink. Most of the boys we spoke to were students working to pay for their studies.

There is a small dance stage where there were 7 boys dancing in swimmers all identifiable by their number. The lighting is soft and without any flashing laser lights, seating is comfortable loungers and not a hard bench in sight!

No pressures to off any of the boys and quite a few of the boys were happy to sit and chat. Apart from myself there was no other farang the clientele being made up of Thai. We were there for about 45 minutes to escape the rain and during that time 8-10 boys were offed and a few more boys arrived. At 11.30 there were around 20 customers and by that time 25-30 boys available to off.

If you make a visit you will need to have a fair grasp of Thai as the setup is geared towards the Thai customer and only 2-3 of the boys could actually speak any English. Altogether a fresh atmosphere with music you can listen to without being deafened.

June 3rd, 2007, 15:05
... spelling errors as "Nangkok"?

June 3rd, 2007, 17:52
... spelling errors as "Nangkok"?

:colors: That's what I get for using b/f's notebook computer. I hate those things.

Soi Pramot 1 ajoins Soi Pramot 2 and although a bit off the beaten track is worth a look.

June 3rd, 2007, 17:56
your Thai must be better than your written english.
I never go to Bangkok ,I went once,drinks were 200baht,boys were more pushy,more expensive and place is a rush.

It is Billy it is. :bounce:

But you have to remember that Bangkok is the real world whilst Pattaya is a fairyland for farangs who are trying to live out their dying days and attempt to recapture those far distant memories of their youth.

June 3rd, 2007, 17:57
I never go to Bangkok ,I went once,drinks were 200baht,boys were more pushy,more expensive and place is a rush.

wx40afp,

I don't think Bangkok is ready for you at this stage!

andrewcraig
June 3rd, 2007, 18:43

wx40afp,

I don't think Bangkok is ready for you at this stage!

Neither is Pattaya after his most recent trip.

Talk about burning ones bridges.

June 3rd, 2007, 19:39
Any name for this bar?

June 3rd, 2007, 20:24
Where is Soi Pramot 1?

llz
June 3rd, 2007, 20:54
Thank you NbutN, this is what I call a scoop !
Soi Pramot 1 is a soi which is more or less parallel and between Suriwong Road and Silom Road, west from Patpong. It links Silom Soi 20 (called Soi Pradit when you are on Suriwong) and Silom soi 30 (soi Kamjai from Suriwong).
From the Narathiwat / Silom intesection (near the Chong Nonsi BTS station), it would be a 700 meters walk to enter the soi which itself is about 300 meters long (thank you ThinkNet - Mapmagic program ...)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/LaurentZ/pramot.jpg

I never ventured around there and could not even imagine that a boy bar could hide in such a place although I know there are many areas for this kind of places other than Silom, Sukhumwit and Saphan Khwai

June 3rd, 2007, 21:02
Thanks llz ........ haha I thought a bug went inside my pc screen and was wondering how the heck it went in!!! Dumb!! LOL !!

Smiles
June 3rd, 2007, 22:45
Thanks llz ........ haha I thought a bug went inside my pc screen and was wondering how the heck it went in!!! Dumb!! LOL !!
Me too!
llz for "Best Avatar". :geek: http://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/ant.jpghttp://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/ant.jpghttp://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/ant.jpghttp://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/ant.jpghttp://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/ant.jpg

llz's map is a bit difficult to read. Here's another: it's in a rabbit-warren of little sois, but when Thai Guy hunting, nothing shall stop the denizens of this Board.

http://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/bangkokmap1.jpg

Cheers ...

June 3rd, 2007, 22:56
Thank you NbutN, this is what I call a scoop !

I never ventured around there and could not even imagine that a boy bar could hide in such a place although I know there are many areas for this kind of places other than Silom, Sukhumwit and Saphan Khwai

I can't really take credit for finding it. Had it not started to rain very hard we would have continued down Soi Pramot instead of diving into the sub soi and seeking refuge at the first welcoming lights we saw.

There are a number of small bars and clubs for Thais scattered around these small sub sois and unless you happen to know the area well you would never find them let alone walk along those sois. In that area there are a number of very small clubs the entrances of which are located at the back of car parks and shops service areas, but like this bar they are used by Thais and I have no idea what sort of welcome a farang could expect to get and in some of them I think a farang would be very unwelcome. I often walk this area on my way to work of a morning and am always surprised to spot yet another bar tucked away down an alleyway. They tend to set up and a few months later disappear so I assume they take some of these places on short-term lets and just move along when the time is up. The few I have glimpsed the inside of when walking past of a morning when the doors are opened for cleaning do not appear to be terribly inviting as far as decor goes.

There is only a tiny unlit sign outside of the club written in Thai but which roughly translates as 'Happy Boy Club.'

June 3rd, 2007, 23:01
In some of them I think a farang would be very unwelcome.

What kind of garbage are you talking now?

June 4th, 2007, 20:59

BG. There are a lot of clubs and bars away from the main red light areas that are intended for the exclusive use of Thai business people. In these establishments the hosts and hostesses are always smartly dressed and are generally university students or from middle class families. You will not find a northern farm boy or girl in any of these places unless they had made good connections with the 'right' people.

A farang wandering in without an invitation is unlikely to be made to feel either comfortable or welcome.

June 4th, 2007, 21:01
[quote="Naughty But Nice":2vjhd09z]

BG. There are a lot of clubs and bars away from the main red light areas that are intended for the exclusive use of Thai business people. In these establishments the hosts and hostesses are always smartly dressed and are generally university students or from middle class families. You will not find a northern farm boy or girl in any of these places unless they had made good connections with the 'right' people.

A farang wandering in without an invitation is unlikely to be made to feel either comfortable or welcome.[/quote:2vjhd09z]

You are full of shit. I know the bars you are talking about, have been to them over the years, and they are neither exclusive, secret, or unwelcoming of farangs.

June 4th, 2007, 21:50
[quote="Naughty But Nice":25oof3b9]

A farang wandering in without an invitation is unlikely to be made to feel either comfortable or welcome.

You are full of shit. I know the bars you are talking about, have been to them over the years, and they are neither exclusive, secret, or unwelcoming of farangs.[/quote:25oof3b9]

Then they are not the bars that I know of BG. I am sure that even with you hawking yourself around the bars of Bangkok it is unlikely that you have touched on every bar as your posting implies.

BTW I never used the word 'secret' in my posting, maybe that is added by you to add your usual spot of drama?

June 4th, 2007, 21:51
OK, put your money where your mouth is. Name one or more of your "exclusive" little boites. I guarantee you I've been there.

June 4th, 2007, 22:09
OK, put your money where your mouth is. Name one or more of your "exclusive" little boites. I guarantee you I've been there.

OK BG as you have been 'everywhere' just tell me what is the distinguishing feature that you were immediately confronted with when you walked though the front door of The Lotus Room on Soi 11 ( Phaholvothin) Saphan Kwai?

BTW I have never been been there but one of our Thai executives does spend time there and the 'feature' still causes him enough amusement for him to have taken some photos that he delights in showing around the offices.

June 4th, 2007, 22:18
Never mind. I thought you were talking about someplace upscale and out of the red light districts.

June 4th, 2007, 23:44
Never mind. I thought you were talking about someplace upscale and out of the red light districts.

So your claim that you have been to every exclusively only Thai club turns out to be just a load of crap.

Now why is that not surprising?

June 5th, 2007, 09:22

So your claim that you have been to every exclusively only Thai club turns out to be just a load of crap.

Did I say I'd never been there? If this is your idea of an exclusive place where a foreigner would need an "introduction" to find or get into, then I know for sure now that you are full of shit.

June 5th, 2007, 12:26

Did I say I'd never been there? If this is your idea of an exclusive place where a foreigner would need an "introduction" to find or get into, then I know for sure now that you are full of shit.

No BG you did not say you had never been there but your inability to describe the feature that dominates the entrance lobby proves that you have not.

Are you sure boygeenus would not be more appropriate as boygarbage?

June 5th, 2007, 22:59
Well, then. Why don't you tell us what surprise lies in wait inside your imaginary, exclusive, hi-so, hush-hush-don't-let-the-farangs-know bar? Is it the Easter Bunny? Tinkerbell? A stuffed and mounted Jimmy Hoffa?