PDA

View Full Version : Tuberculosus

Impulse
June 3rd, 2007, 07:29
Here in the U.S. all the talk is of the lawyer who has a resistant strain of tb,and flew to Europe to marry his fiance. Has anybody on the board had to take the antibiotics for the tb bacterium?Ive heard that as many as 25% of the population has been exposed to tb but it is not active.It seems like it would be very hard to avoid being exposed to it in LOS. I spent two nights with a boy who had hiv and tb,but luckily for me I tested negative for tb.I looked into getting the bcg vaccine but it is not very effective for adults and you will always test positive for tb once you get the vaccine,so you will never be sure if you have tb without a chest x-ray. Not much money has been spent on the tb problem which kills more people than any disease in the world.The reason being that it is mainly a problem in poor countries and not worth the efforts of the big drug companies. What I dont get is kissing is not a risk for infection,yet breathing the air from an infected person is how you contract it.How can that be?I would think the bacterum would be in the mouth area and be infectious.

bucknaway
June 3rd, 2007, 07:37
Here is a link on TB

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/Tube ... c-Overview (http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/Tuberculosis-TB-Topic-Overview)

Aunty
June 3rd, 2007, 08:10
Not much money has been spent on the tb problem which kills more people than any disease in the world.The reason being that it is mainly a problem in poor countries and not worth the efforts of the big drug companies.

Rubbish!

Impulse
June 3rd, 2007, 09:41
I dont know why you say rubbish Aunty,tb was and is called the " poor mans disease ".Its prevelant in Africa,one of the poorest countries in the world.They are still using drugs discovered over 40 years ago to cure the disease. If this disease was common in developed countries they would most likely have an effective vaccine and better treatments.The drug companies can spot a loseing proposition when they see it.Aids is common in Africa also,as well as developed countries,ergo very expensive drugs that took a great deal of research. The same can be said for malaria,another poor country problem.If malaria was common in Europe or America the treatments would be better also.

June 3rd, 2007, 15:44
I spent a lot of time with my boyfriend during the nine months that he underwent the drug treatment for tuberculosis and took medical advice about the dangers of catching it. My British doctor was rather relaxed about it and said that as I was in "robust" health there was little danger. Subsequent tests have showed I was clear but I felt that the risks were treated a bit casually.

June 3rd, 2007, 15:49
I dont know why you say rubbish Aunty ...The lab where Aunty toils daily, dissecting amoebae, is funded by the drug industry. Does that help your understanding, rocket?

June 3rd, 2007, 17:07
Does anyone know any other diseases i should get vaccinated for?

Verbal diarrhoea :cheers:

Bob
June 3rd, 2007, 21:29
Does anyone know any other diseases i should get vaccinayed for?

Much too easy but what the hell. Yes, Billyboy, you should also receive the following vacinations:

1. Webster Vaccination. It helps your spelling.

2. Chaffed Hips Vaccination. Lessens the pain as you scrape both hips entering any threshhold.

3. Billyboy Vaccination. Helps end incredibly stupid comments and attitudes (consists mainly of cyanide).

Sen Yai
June 3rd, 2007, 21:46
I looked into getting the bcg vaccine but it is not very effective for adults and you will always test positive .........

So, Bob, what does the bcg vaccine do for you then? :bom:

rincondog
June 3rd, 2007, 23:20
wx40afp wrote:

Does anyone know any other diseases i should get vaccinated for?

Don't forget your hoof and mouth disease vaccine, it is highly recommended for all cows.

June 4th, 2007, 00:57
You need a jab for all the flus including and between Asian and Avian i.e. Atian & Auian. These latter two were cleverly erased from the media by MI5 who, as is well known are mostly wooly moofs in white shoes. The polish for the white shoes contains a slow release chemical that enhances the effects against Atian flu.

June 11th, 2007, 10:19
Does this mean we can expect a major outbreak of incurable TB across America, oh dear, "that kills" me.
Asia is riddled with TB rich or poor, but it is not the resistant strain thank goodness, but if you start coughing up (and you are not a smoker) lumps of brown jelly, go and see your doc for some x-rays, best to nip it in the bud, and stay away from East European rent boys, especially any that have done time, they are riddled with the bad kind, sadly.