PDA

View Full Version : Monty's Over The Rainbow re-opens June 1

Monty-old
May 31st, 2007, 18:14
Monty's Over The Rainbow Cafe Club, Disco & Cabaret

Located in Jomtien Complex

will re-open Friday June 1st!

Join us from 7:30 - 9:00 pm for a Free Buffet
(with Drink Purchase - all Drinks 95 Baht!)

Followed by a

Free Cabaret Show & Disco

EVERYONE WELCOME!!

May 31st, 2007, 18:21
DELETED

May 31st, 2007, 20:34
Hey, Monty....when did you get out of jail?

May 31st, 2007, 22:44
Good news Monty! Sorry I will not be back to Thailand until 6 June but will see you then. Look to seeing a GREAT show and the usual GREAT dinner! TJ

bucknaway
May 31st, 2007, 23:50
Monty.... Have you ever thought of using a hipper name for your place? Something short and sweet that can be a party for the mouth?

The Montz
Mon T's
Mont-Mont's

I am just wondering if a hipper name would bring in a more diverse crowd?

Would you rather eat at Monty's over the rainbow buffet and Cabaret

or

Mont-Mont's or The Mont's (Eat-Drink and be entertained).

Keep in mind that I don't own anything.... Lets also imagine that I know nothing about running a business in Pattaya or anyplace...

Lets also say that I know nothing about what you do or how you do it.

There! Now you went and hurt my feelings! I hope you feel good now! :(

Smiles
June 1st, 2007, 00:14
" ... Monty.... Have you ever thought of using a hipper name for your place? Something short and sweet that can be a party for the mouth? ... "
Buck, some weeks ago I also suggested he lose the Dorothy/Yellow Prick Road/Wicked Witch Judy Garland schtick ... and was crucified! :albino:
You are more polite than myself ( your "try a hipper name" is more genteel than my "I'm gonna vomit" ), but I know what you're saying.

Cheers ...

bucknaway
June 1st, 2007, 04:42
Yes... I remember that Smiles.... (Slowly backs away from Smiles so I won't get beat-up like he got beat-up) :clown:

I only suggested it because... Well... From the name, the only reason I would want to visit his place is because I know him to be such a decent guy on here. If I didn't know him and a Thai friend suggest we go to Monty's Over The Rainbow Cafe Club, Disco & Cabaret. I would say no. The name alone makes me think of old farangs talking with flaming accents. Not many Thai guys (And I come to Thailand to see many Thai guys). And I would feel like I am mising out on being at a real fun place that could give me something to talk about to people at home who ask me about the places I have been and the things I have seen.....

I imagine that for the regulars, the name does not matter, but for the holiday worrier who wants to see and be seen and not feel as if they are missing out on some fun, the name can make a big difference.

Mon'Tz
- A little drink...
- A little Food...
- A little Show...
- A little Hanky-Panky...
All for a little Baht.

Bob
June 1st, 2007, 04:48
Kinda funny to see you guys bitching about the name of somebody else's business. I can't wait to see what you name the bars you open up.!

Bucky's Fuckies? Fuck with Buck? :idea:

(I presume you know this is meant in humor, Buck/Paul. Hanky's Pankies? Sounds like a girlie bar!)

bucknaway
June 1st, 2007, 05:02
My name is Paul.... And if I open a bar I would name it something like
Hanky Panky's and use the initials H/P

Or I would use the name Secrets, Rumors or T.V.B's (for Tops, Versatile, Bottoms).

Or even... D.C.M.D. (for Don't call me darlink) LOL

At any rate, I hope Monty does not take offence to my post. There was no animus behind it at all. If anything I wish him every success in the world and I mean it... Otherwise I would not have cared enough to post a question to him.

Luv ya Monty... Luv you and your "Monty's Over The Rainbow Cafe Club, Disco & Cabaret"

Come closer! I want to pinch you on the side of your monitor! :geek:

June 2nd, 2007, 19:57
How about Mad Montys? Or Prime beef!

lonelywombat
June 3rd, 2007, 04:44
How about Mad Montys? Or Prime beef!

perhaps when he goes back to Sunee he can start one and call it Chicken Meat. Just formalizing what seems to be happening
in Sunee anyway.