PDA

View Full Version : Foreigners warned

May 29th, 2007, 17:49
Foreigners warned as political turmoil threatens
From correspondents in Bangkok

"FOREIGNERS in Bangkok were today warned to exercise caution amid mounting security fears ahead of a landmark
court decision over whether to dissolve Thailand's two largest political parties."

"The British embassy's travel advice, which was updated on Wednesday last week, also urged its citizens to avoid
demonstrations and large crowds."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21815387-2,00.html

"stay away from large crowds." Should be safe in Solid then brushteeth

May 29th, 2007, 21:23
Hans,

I bet the animal rights lot love the avator, no more smoking beagles eh!!!

I'll be avoiding the crowds up here unless I bump into the odd buffalo.

Doubt if Myself or anyone else will be out with the weather at the minute.

May 30th, 2007, 03:17
Discussing politics in Thailand is always like criticising the system or Thailand itself.

This matter is a very complex one. Foreigners should avoid any criticising in public or while Thai people are around since this would appear impolite.

Thai politics and culture is a complex matter. Most Thai are having there problems with this – and are grateful for any news regarding sports or celebrities.

How can a foreigner understand Thailand, culture and politics if an ordinary Thai is unable to follow everything?

Therefore keep quiet, be stunned. And avoid trouble please. It’s for you own safety.

May 30th, 2007, 03:22
How can a foreigner understand Thailand, culture and politics if an ordinary Thai is unable to follow everything?I think it was Heraclitus who remarked that the outsider is often able to see things more clearly. Foreigners don't, for example, usually start by seeing everything through the prism of the infallibility of the Thai ruling class

May 30th, 2007, 07:06
Well said Homintern

Impulse
May 30th, 2007, 09:35
I hope I can relocate to Thailand so I can just ignore the political scene.I have a hard time trying to understand whats going on now anyway in that Country.I follow politics very closely here in the U.S and it makes me sick and unhappy. When Gore lost the election after winning the popular vote,and Bush getting re-elected after getting us involved in this assinine war,Ive given up hope for this country.No wonder the dollar is dropping like a gold bar. Ignorance is bliss!! :cheers:

May 30th, 2007, 09:36
I follow politics very closely here in the U.S and it makes me sick and unhappy.

You'll feel right at home in Thailand.