PDA

View Full Version : The Hamptons

Irish1972
May 27th, 2007, 15:57
Has anyone any info on the The Hamptons in New York?

Nightlife, scene and so on?

thanks

May 27th, 2007, 16:39
... via Google
http://www.hamptonsweb.com/nitelife/

Irish1972
May 27th, 2007, 17:18
I found that one too but I was more interested in the GAY scene! Cannot find any info on that site!

Aunty
May 27th, 2007, 19:34
I found that one too but I was more interested in the GAY scene! Cannot find any info on that site!

Don't know much about the gay scene, all I know about it is it's an area on Long Island for New Yorkers with money. Serious money. The gay scene would be down in NYC wouldn't it?

May 27th, 2007, 20:54

Don't know much about the gay scene, all I know about it is it's an area on Long Island for New Yorkers with money. Serious money. The gay scene would be down in NYC wouldn't it?

And Fire Island.

May 27th, 2007, 23:13
I'm told by one of my cockerney mates that "'ampton" is slang for "penis". (They have hundreds of terms for "penis". It's an obsession.)

The coastal town in England of Littlehampton near Bognor Regis is therefore to be avoided at all costs, guv.

May 28th, 2007, 03:30
There is a lot of "gay scene" in the Hamptons. It's more of a private scene often among persons who actually live in NYC. I can't remember any of the club or beach names, but there will be someone obvious that can get you connected.

Marsilius
May 28th, 2007, 14:07
"I'm told by one of my cockerney mates that "'ampton" is slang for "penis" ".

That's right. It's an example of cockney rhyming slang (e.g. "apples and pears" = stairs).

"'Ampton" is an abbreviated form of a place name - Hampton Wick. That's the rhyming slang for "prick" (penis).