PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok100ROCK

February 7th, 2006, 18:47
anybody goes there next weekend ? I'd like to, but my friends are too old-fashioned (though much younger than myself) too be fond of such kind of music.... would be fun to go there with some nice people.... rather saturday than friday, though.... anyone ? PM ok.....

dab69
February 8th, 2006, 11:41
guessing it's a bar and not a radio station?

elephantspike
February 8th, 2006, 12:23
I Think it is a rock festival? Kind of a Thailapaloza?

February 8th, 2006, 14:26
well,even some people may think so, not EVERYTHING in Thailand is a Bar ;-)
here you go: www.bkk100rock.com (http://www.bkk100rock.com)

elephantspike
February 8th, 2006, 14:42
That's fantasic, AW. I love it! The sound is awesome on that website!

So is this Bangkok100ROCK a concert? I can't read Thai. Where and when is it? Who are the featured preformers?

February 8th, 2006, 14:55
click on "line up" at the top of the main page, then u will see the line-up in English, actually the entire webesite is bi-lingual, u can get any informations in English by clicking the links on the top of that page.....

February 8th, 2006, 14:55
OASIS & Franzferdinand are quite well known internationally, ES.

Whether they deserve the appellation "rock", is a completely different matter of course.

February 8th, 2006, 17:47
"The sound is awesome on that website!"

Sound is the right word...

(Actually, noise might better.. :blackeye: )

Smiles
February 8th, 2006, 19:51
From their website (noted above):

Bangkok , December 14, 2005 - For the first time ever Bangkok will host the biggest rock festival in Southeast Asia : BANGKOK 100 ROCK.

Next February 18 and 19, 2006 this festival will bring the hottest international rock bands for certainly one of the greatest music experience ever for Thai audiences.

Bangkok 100 Rock is an unique festival created by 100 PIPERS and Matching Entertainment Co.,Ltd. in association with Riverman Group of Companies ( London ). 100 PIPERS team up with other leading brand and Media Partners such as Coca Cola ( Thailand ) Limited, Seed FM, MTV Thailand, Major Cineplex, Central Group and The Rock Magazine.

Oasis has been confirmed as one of the headliner for Bangkok 100 Rock, and will perform on Saturday 18th February after Franz Ferdinand, Ian Brown and Deus. The second day will have Stereophonics as headliner playing after Placebo, Maximo Park and Snow Patrol. Each day will also include some of the most famous local rock bands, such as Modern Dog, Ebola,Flure, Body Slam and Big Ass. This exceptional rock band lineup will definitely attract huge crowd both locally and in the region.

The festival will be staged at Lakeside, Muangthong Thani; Bangkok on a space of 60,000 Sq.M. Bangkok 100 Rock is a 2 Days festival, starting from midday until midnight of each day on Saturday, 18 - 19 February, 2006. Besides the big main stage size over 60 Meters length with international standard for lighting and sound system of world-class music festival, there are the Rock & Roll Hall of fame for an audiences to get themselves prepare to know the legends of Rock music and festival artists lineup 2006 , and listen to their listening post area. Club House is an area for audiences to relax and do some refreshment after spending a long day fancy their very first rock music festival in Southeast Asia . Lake Bar is a chilled out bar sponsored by 100 Pipers located next to the lake to socialize while drinking with a bar at the lakeside. Annual Grand Sale of Rock Cds from both Thai and International record companies. Street Performance with more than 50 Rookie Indie bands who has a dream to be a professional musician and one day become well known as our artists who will be playing in the festival.

LOVE the politically incorrect band names: "EBOLA" and "BIG ASS" (or should that be "BIG ARSE")

Cheers ...

Dodger
February 8th, 2006, 19:51
Finally, some eagle-eyed promoters decided to host a Rock Festival in BKK, just sorry as hell that I won't be there to enjoy it.

I've been trying to find Rock Concerts in BKK for years - with no luck, which has always surprised me. With all the emerging talent on the Rock circuit in SE Asia, Bangkok is the perfect place to bring them together.

If "Rain" was appearing I'd book an early flight this year and get front row-center seats.

February 10th, 2006, 17:00
yes EBOLA are a very cool and - I agree - NOISY act..... I have their latest CD and its a weird mix of Thai-Pop and Speed-/TrashMetal, unique in a way and they are VERY VERY popular in Thailand.....
yes, I miss those live acts a lot too, though I only moved to LOS less than 1 year ago.... but as I was a local Rock promoter for mostly Indie/Alterantive-Acts in my German home-city in earlier years, and it was an awesome time..... too bad the THAIs focus way too much on their local Candy-Pop acts, unlike Malaysia, Indo, Phils or SG, where the young people are much more openminded when it comes to international rock music......
anyway, that BKK100Rock is a good start, but - typical again - the tickets are so expensive, that no kid-from-the-street is able to afford it....
by the way, they started a GOTH NIGHT in Bangkok at a small Silom venue lately.... tonight is the 3rd night (but a bad timing, most people will rather go to see the festival.....)