View Full Version : Visakha Buja Day

May 26th, 2007, 09:06
Can anyone apprise me whether or not bars and massage places in Pattaya and Bangkok will be open on Visakha Buja Day. I believe it is on June 2 (Saturday), this year.

I'll arrive in Bangkok on 31 May (yippee!) and might take a sidetrip to Pattaya over the weekend so any information on the bar and massage parlor situation would be most gratefully appreciated.

All the best

Don

May 26th, 2007, 09:41
Well I'm due to arrive June 3rd so I lucked out there.
I don't know if I should thank God, Buddha or "Pichforks and Pointed Ears"

Don't let anything get between me and that first gulp of Singha in 7 months! :bot:

May 26th, 2007, 11:03
Can anyone apprise me whether or not bars and massage places in Pattaya and Bangkok will be open on Visakha Buja Day. I believe it is on June 2 (Saturday), this year.

No, you idiot. It falls on Thursday, 31 May. Bars and other venues of debauchery will be closed. I go into meditational retreat from Tuesday.

May 26th, 2007, 12:15
No, you idiot. It falls on Thursday, 31 May. Bars and other venues of debauchery will be closed. I go into meditational retreat from Tuesday.Seeking enlightenment with George? :bounce:

TrongpaiExpat
May 26th, 2007, 12:59

No, you idiot. It falls on Thursday, 31 May. Bars and other venues of debauchery will be closed. I go into meditational retreat from Tuesday.

Yimsuai: You stole Thanpuying Sanitee's avatar, too bad you did not also borrow her nicer demeanor.

May 26th, 2007, 13:11
Trongpaiexpat writes:
Yimsuai: You stole Thanpuying Sanitee's avatar, too bad you did not also borrow her nicer demeanor.

Trongpaiexpat, you are a gentleman. Too bad Yimsui ain't no lady. But the, what can we expect from an identity thief.

May 26th, 2007, 13:15

We share many things, dear, sanity is not one of them.

And speaking of class, AmericanDonny, your welcome!

May 27th, 2007, 13:54

We share many things, dear, sanity is not one of them.

And she certainly didn't "borrow" my use of punctuation, it should be you're welcome

May 28th, 2007, 17:32
And she certainly didn't "borrow" my use of punctuation, it should be you're welcome[/quote]

It wasn't a punctuation slip, you pink fluff. I had confused the possessive pronoun "your" with the contraction "you're". I admit it was a (common) mistake (like "its"/"it's") and won't blame it on poor typing skills like so many pathetic writers here.

Aunty
May 28th, 2007, 18:27
And she certainly didn't "borrow" my use of punctuation, it should be you're welcome

It wasn't a punctuation slip, you pink fluff. I had confused the possessive pronoun "your" with the contraction "you're". I admit it was a (common) mistake (like "its"/"it's") and won't blame it on poor typing skills like so many pathetic writers here.[/quote]

Is that right Beryl? How's Wolverhampton?

catawampuscat
May 30th, 2007, 10:21
Most will probably miss the meat of this posting with the silliness obscuring the facts.

Thursday 31 May, big Buddhist Holiday and your favorite watering hole will be closed or
you will be drinking out of coffee mugs in the semi dark.
Good idea to plan ahead if you are on vacation and don't like to miss a nite out and
set up a booking (boy date) for the 31st or you may find yourself trolling the dark
sois looking for company.

Even smiles won't be around to give free blow jobs and practice rimming on you..... :cat:

If anyone has qualms about the appropriateness of making sexual behavior references about other
posters, check out the most recent posting on the Posting Guidelines Forum and you will be surprised that
it is kosher and you have the green lite to make remarks about others on this forum performing lewd acts
on each other.. no shit, .........

elephantspike
May 30th, 2007, 11:02
If anyone has qualms about the appropriateness of making sexual behavior references about other
posters, check out the most recent posting on the Posting Guidelines Forum and you will be surprised that
it is kosher and you have the green lite to make remarks about others on this forum performing lewd acts
on each other.. no shit, .........

Context, tone, and intent are everything in this case.

I must question the intent of this comment as it is posted here, where it is completely out of context, rather than on the thread to which it refers.