PDA

View Full Version : best bar ever

bing
February 7th, 2006, 07:32
Every few days someone speculates on the best bar to spend time. If you could only choose one place, be it in the present or past, which bar and in which year would you choose.

My choice would be Memory Bar, in North Pattaya several years ago about 1996 i think, when the DJ would play 'Broken Hearted Woman' by Jessica Jay and 'Can't Help Falling In Love' by Elvis. Ah yes the guys dancing on the raised stage in the middle of the bar. Perhaps it is the glow of the past, but my heart says those were good times.

Also note,,, I am the proud owner of an Avatar

Dodger
February 7th, 2006, 17:39
If I can only choose one, it would have be the old "Moon Light Bar" which was located on Soi 2 and Second Rd. and closed in the latter 90's.

They had a great fun loving staff and some of the cutest boys around. That's when they were still gracing the stage in those see-through bikini underpants....ugh!

February 7th, 2006, 19:42
do any of the entertainment bars count, or are you referring to just plain old water holes ------ a while ago I would of put Boys Boys Boys-on the top of my list just for for great atmosphere -and a meeting place for really nice people and then Cafe Royal -[which remains very high on my list for Saturday nights with Toy at the helm providing that versatile voice

--------but these days -having found the Bondi hotel, its bar is wonderful for that late night entertainment , nice no hassle lads , don't call them boys [sounds a bit Peadoish]-for fear of being labeled with that mob !!!! so get your old arses up there and enjoy a good old fashion sing song alongside the piano, i always remember bars for being memorable in the sence of entertainment values ---------not drunken nights ,too many old piss heads in pattaya no one likes a drunk be it in pattaya or Aussies--uppppppppps second nature to the Aussies

February 8th, 2006, 04:12
I know it's difficult to believe these days but I have fond memories of the "Golden Cock" in Bangkok. I'm talking about 15 years ago when it was a comfortable and rather up market Go Go Bar with charming boys. The music wasn't too loud and there were no shows (I hate shows).

I rarely stay long in Bangkok these days so a recent visit was the first for a long time and my word how things have changed! Won't be making an effort to repeat the experience even for old time's sake.

February 8th, 2006, 06:47
the last bar I went to was probably the best.

Sadly I think when you say it was the glow of the past ,you have given us the real answer.

By the way that business of : but my heart says those were good times. is usually palpatations caused by weak batteries in your pacemaker.

sattahip-old
February 8th, 2006, 09:47
The two brothers with extraordinarily long appendages which they could and did tie in a knot if in the right mood-that is after a few beers.
One of them became my Sunday night regular for a number of years. A really nice young man

February 8th, 2006, 10:06
Id have to say the best bar ever was Octopus. it was an underwater gog-go run by aussies long befre the days of splash. it was bigger and classier than splash too.

February 8th, 2006, 13:24
I do recall, those were the greatest nights of all.

Every few days someone speculates on the best bar to spend time. If you could only choose one place, be it in the present or past, which bar and in which year would you choose.

Cockpit. 1997
It was a very good year!
And I was in love.

Were things better, 'back then?'...When ever, 'back then,' was.
Of course!
Why?
Because we were better:
thinner,
cuter,
sexier: could go at it all night,
funnier,
had more friends,
(our own.) teeth,
more hair (On our heads and less on our backs, ears & nose.),
drank,
fucked,
danced
and lived
harder
and faster.
Now we are over the rainbow,
maybe with a pot of gold,
maybe just with a pot--
And,
at least; sometime,
wish, no matter how good we have it now,
no matter how bad it was back then
we were back there
on the other side:
the right side of the rainbow:
young
and in love.

Now, please excuse me,
while I go open the bar
or an artery.

February 8th, 2006, 13:28
Cockpit. 1997
It was a very good year!

I thought they always put you in cargo.

February 8th, 2006, 13:42
Cockpit. 1997
It was a very good year!

I thought they always put you in cargo.

One meets the cutest people there.
I once went round-the-world on a tramp...named Barry Berrie.
Then he went round-the-world...On me!

As I recall; Pearl was in a movie called Strange Cargo.
She played a trunk.
Still playing the same rol├й--But spelling's not the same.

February 8th, 2006, 14:06
I must admit I LIKED the old SOHO GO GO ,I had every boy there and bb most of them when i was young and stupid.I think its changed its name now.

February 8th, 2006, 16:19
1. Nature Boy
2. Jupiter 5 years ago
3. Super Lex as it then was - 5 years ago
4. Alek
5. Holiday
6. KBOYS - 3 years ago
7. Lucky 777
8. Bamboo Bar
9. Starr Treff
10. Memories

February 8th, 2006, 16:51
Wow now we are casting our memories back!

1987/8; Nautilas Bar with the 'boy aquarium' next to Dolf Riks in Pattaya owned by Barry Baker who sadly passed away a few years ago in H.K.

1992 time; The original Midnight Cowboy Sapan Khwai Bangkok which then turned into Apache Bar run by Bob Ham who again sadly passed away two years ago in Bangkok.