PDA

View Full Version : Bloody builders - do they all let you down?

May 21st, 2007, 12:07
Winnie's Property Services

I am in the situation of having had a new bathroom installed with some minor works in my condo. The project c 200,000 baht finished end of November 2006 but the builder won't put right the serious things that are wrong plus the standard of workmanship is very poor. There were serious saving on the project which means that I now don't owe him any money. I have had promises galore but no action. Has anyone ever taken legal action? Mr Winnie is a charming German guy and has a good reputation around town. It seems that he may have just taken on too much work but that's his problem which he has passed to me>

May 21st, 2007, 12:10

I am in the situation of having had a new bathroom installed with some minor works in my condo. The project c 200,000 baht finished end of November 2006 but the builder won't put right the serious things that are wrong plus the standard of workmanship is very poor. There were serious saving on the project which means that I now don't owe him any money. I have had promises galore but no action. Has anyone ever taken legal action? Mr Winnie is a charming German guy and has a good reputation around town. It seems that he may have just taken on too much work but that's his problem which he has passed to me>

Tell him if he doesn't put it right, you'll tell everyone who he is on the Internet!!!

May 21st, 2007, 12:28

Just in case the nice Mr Winnie happens to hear of your posting may I suggest that next time he visits you that you keep well away from your balcony, unless of course your steroid enhanced body can fly!

May 21st, 2007, 18:14

Just in case the nice Mr Winnie happens to hear of your posting may I suggest that next time he visits you that you keep well away from your balcony, unless of course your steroid enhanced body can fly!

Wowpow,

Just bought a new car and you're the one who's been taken for a ride! Life's just not fair!

May 21st, 2007, 18:26
I doubt it.
We all heard of the one year guarantee. That translates to "when I leave your new driveway".

catawampuscat
May 21st, 2007, 18:28
A friend who is renovating an old house was complaining about his German builder. It seems the German
is doing what he thinks is best and ignoring the desires of the customer. He said it was looking nothing
like the Thai/Bali look he ordered.

This friend imagined he would have an easier time with a fellow farang and Germans have a good
reputation as far as building cars and other quality products, but this farang has his hands full with his
German builder. It could be the same as I can't imagine there are that many Germans in the business in Pattaya/Jomtien.. :cat:

Aunty
May 21st, 2007, 19:33
You live in Thailand, yet you're using a German builder. Makes sense - NOT.

May 21st, 2007, 19:42
You live in Thailand, yet you're using a German builder. Makes sense - NOT.

Aunty,

The Germans don't actually build or do the construction.

They usually supervise and oversee Thai builders.

The idea, in theory at least, they can communicate with the Thais enough to get Western standard workmanship.

Unfortunately, a lot of these are middle men, acting as though they employ the Thai builders, when in actual fact, they sub contract them in!!

They have no control, once the builders have left site, so to speak.

A reputable Thai company is usually better.