PDA

View Full Version : walking ATM

lonelywombat
May 20th, 2007, 19:00
A friend who avidly reads this forum but has never posted, refers to himself as a Walking ATM
as he cannot refuse his boy special' s requests for more cash

We have prepared a birthday card to him using these pix from an OZ tv ad.
It probably has been used in a dozen other countries, different banks.

For the benefit of those who feel some rapport with my "WALKING ATM" friend
I attach the some stills from the OZ ad.,

May 20th, 2007, 19:09
I cant see any attachment? but i know how your friend feels lol

Im cured of that habit!

May 21st, 2007, 02:30
Well, that's sugar daddies and tourist's always good for: spending there cash ...

May 21st, 2007, 12:40
I for one cannot say no when someone says their hungry. But I have learned which ones are just after the baht and which ones really do eat. I'm getting so I will go and pay for the food rather than give the baht.

May 21st, 2007, 13:02
I for one cannot say no when someone says their hungry. But I have learned which ones are just after the baht and which ones really do eat. I'm getting so I will go and pay for the food rather than give the baht.

I see your point,

With the exception of those with physical disabilities, it is something I try to avoid. It usually is a scam and where around Pattaya have you seen any of these that look like they are malnourished??

Your money will usually go into the game shop.

It is not the point of the 20 baht or the 100 baht, it is a fact they remember and continue to return to you until you get thoroughly pissed off with it.

An example " its like feeding pigeons. "

They even tell their mates the ones who give and don't give, and when you are in converstation having a drink, they come forward and interrupt. They are neither taught or usually brought up this way,it is a "Pattaya thing" which they learn.