PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the Memories

May 20th, 2007, 16:33
There is a sign on Memeories Bar in Sunnee saying "closed until 6th June, re-opening under new ownership

travelerjim
May 20th, 2007, 18:17
WOW, What a surprise....but it is true,
according to a good friend I chatted with tonight.

Yes, Jack, Ralph and Oud....
Thanks for the Memories :-)

What wonderful times - over many years -
both my bf and I have had at Memories Cafe in Sunee Plaza.

Always a wonderful welcome, such good food -
and the Waiters such fun :-)

Nights without a stop in to see and chat with friends at Memories Cafe will be much different for many now,
but I do wish Jack, Ralph and Oud much continued happiness and good health
as they will now have even more time enjoy their togetherness in Pattaya & Thailand.

Indeed you will be missed,

Thanks for the Memories!

TravelerJim

travelerjim
May 20th, 2007, 18:50
Apparently Johnny Botting has bought it.

No...

John Botting is NOT the buyer for Memories.

TJ

GWMinUS
May 21st, 2007, 04:20
Ah TJ,
There you go...
Soiling a new rumor!!!

May 21st, 2007, 04:52
... "Fangs for the Mammaries"

May 21st, 2007, 10:16
DELETED

catawampuscat
May 21st, 2007, 11:22
where will the barmy army meet now? well, at least mission was successful and we helped clean up some of the
scum of Sunee and there is one less confindence man in town to bilk fellow farangs and lower the standards of
Sunee Plaza.... Three Zone closed for a couple of months so I guess it will have to be Corner Bar.
Only question is who will take the bait and jump on the "lower the standards of Sunee Plaza" line? :cat:

puckered_penguin
May 21st, 2007, 11:49
BoBo the dog was the life and soul of that bar. The 2 farang and Thai Guy were just like background musak compared to that star of the show.

Boxer
May 21st, 2007, 16:06
What is the connection to Bondi sale? Same owner or what?

May 22nd, 2007, 06:20
is that the bar was originally closed in the recent police raids for not having the correct license, and that made Oud decide to want out, to the dismay of Jack and Ralph. The new owners name is on the notice on the door, but it doesn't look like they wil be able to open soon as the b-i-b are counting the closure as starting only when the correct license is issued.

May 22nd, 2007, 11:38
DELETED

catawampuscat
May 22nd, 2007, 12:25
deleted, due to a misinterpretation and over-reaction by this poster. Sorry John and I appreciate
your classy response to a posting that would have caused lesser men to forget their civility....

May 22nd, 2007, 12:39
DELETED

catawampuscat
May 22nd, 2007, 18:22
please delete

catawampuscat
May 22nd, 2007, 23:38
Like the US television show "Cheers",
Memories was a bar where everyone knew your name.
If they didn't, Ralph , Jack or Oud would introduce everyone and it was
the friendliest bar in town with the owners making you feel welcome
and the boys always happy and glad to see you.

I often thought it must be a strain to be on every nite and be nice to
everyone as some of the customers were more interesting than others.

One amusing aside, an elderly American came to Memories every day for months and sat
there with a Thai lady and chatted with the owners. One day after several months the elderly
and somewhat infirm American said to the owners that there seemed to be some members
of the other persuasion frequenting the bar. This clueless farang had no idea that everyone except
himself and his lady were gay customers and most of the boys working there were gay as well.
Talk about clueless and imagine having to converse with characters like this and of course the balmy army.... :cat:

May 23rd, 2007, 06:54
Well now I'll never know what the "balmy army" or (-0-) was. Oh well, another unexplained mystery of the Universe I guess.... :dontknow: