PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok gets world's biggest Mini showroom

May 20th, 2007, 00:24
World's biggest Mini showroom opens in Soi Ekamai - The Nation

Thailand has become home to the largest Mini showroom in the world with the opening of Mini Square on Soi Ekamai. The six-storey facility cost Bt150 million and has a total area of 6,000 square metres according to Sanhavuth Thammachuanviriya, managing director of the Millennium Auto Group.

Millennium customers previously had to visit the company's Langsuan facility, which consisted only of a Mini showroom, while servicing was done at Millennium's BMW service centre in Lat Phrao. "Millennium has been in the Langsuan Mini showroom since 2002, and after five successful years we decided it was time to expand our facility," Sanhavuth said. There are 1,200 Mini customers in Thailand.

David Barry Panton, senior vice president for sales and marketing in Asia-Pacific (except China), the Middle East and African and Caribbean markets for BMW AG, said: "Apart from the main markets in the US and Europe, Asia represents an important market for Mini's continuous growth."

The new car showroom and an Internet cafe are located on the first floor, while the Mini "Next" used-car showroom is on the second floor. Floors three and four are for servicing and parts inventory, with eight service bays that can be expanded to 16 in the future. Parking is on the fifth floor. An Italian restaurant called "Fuzio Stylish Restaurant and Bar" sits on the sixth floor and features a panoramic view of the city.

Sethipong Anutarasoti, general manager for Mini in Thailand, said the facility was expected to serve as a gathering place for Mini-owners and enthusiasts. "Mini showrooms used to be incorporated in BMW showrooms, but now it is solely Mini," he said. "When this facility is fully ready, we will be linked directly with Mini in Europe."

Kingsley Wijayasinha The Nation

----------------------------------------

Mini sales buck downward trend - Bangkok Post
ARANEE JAIIMSIN

Millennium Auto, the largest dealer of BMW (Thailand) and the exclusive dealer for Mini, expects more than 40% growth in Mini sales this year despite the slow economy, according to managing director Sunhavut Thamchanviriya. He said the company projected sales of the niche-model car this year to reach 400 units, based on sales of around 200 so far, up from 280 last year.

He said the Mini was unique in terms of the enthusiasm of its customers, who would not hesitate to purchase small cars priced above two million baht.

In addition, the current demand for Minis from around the world is outpacing production capacity, which is expected to hasten some buyers' purchase decisions.

''Unlike other premium cars, including BMW, the economic slowdown and political uncertainty do not affect the sales of Minis,'' he said. To accommodate demand, Millennium Auto yesterday opened a new Mini showroom on Ekamai Soi 7, said to be the world's largest for the brand.....

Full article www.bangkokpost.net/Business/19May2007_biz57.php (http://www.bangkokpost.net/Business/19May2007_biz57.php)

May 20th, 2007, 00:31
Oh, for God's sakes you Botoxed old freak...at least try to make it interesting.

May 20th, 2007, 01:28
It would be fun to have a Mini in thailand.. but with the import taxes, no way I'm going to pay $58,000 for a car that is $25,000 in the rest of the world.

May 20th, 2007, 01:32
It would be fun to have a Mini in thailand.. but with the import taxes, no way I'm going to pay $40,000 for a car that is $25,000 in the rest of the world.

What can you do? It's better than public transport.

May 21st, 2007, 08:44
It would be fun to have a Mini in thailand.. but with the import taxes, no way I'm going to pay $40,000 for a car that is $25,000 in the rest of the world.

Buy something else!

May 21st, 2007, 08:46

Buy something else!

Anything you buy will be twice what it would be elsewhere. That's my point.

May 21st, 2007, 09:14
I agree partly,

I paid way over the top for a Mercedes Benz C180, 2.7 million baht, I think it was, [ near enough anyways!] and sold it in less the one and a half years and bought a Toyota three litre diesel seven seater.

I paid only 1,300,000 baht with all the extras, its great, and doesn't attract the same negative publicity that the Benz did.

May 22nd, 2007, 02:48
...., and doesn't attract the same negative publicity that the Benz did.

What negative publicity?

May 22nd, 2007, 06:44
People like policemen thinking you are absolutely loaded,

choosing and believing you earned it all out of a bar, which was not true!

A standard Toyota is a lot more acceptable and not as show offy to them.