PDA

View Full Version : Midsummer Fantasy 21 July 2007 at 8 PM, EXXIT bar

May 18th, 2007, 10:15
The Jomtien Gay Community is proud to announce Midsummer Fantasy to be held at EXXIT, Jomtien Complex on 21st July 2007 from 8 PM.

The event will feature shows by Dolce Vita and Exxit, Mr. Fantasy Boy contest, a fashion show and a raffle with great prizes, as well as raising some money for charity.

Entrance will be 250 Baht per person inclusive of 100 Baht for the Camillian Social Centre for children with HIV/Aids which is based in Rayong.

The final timetable will be announced nearer the time.

The shows by Dolce Vita feature favourite numbers new and old by their excellent troupe. Exxit boys will be doing a special routine for the evening.

Mr. Summer Fantasy will be a contest for the sexiest boy with prizes of 8000/5000/3000 Baht for 1st/2nd/3rd respectively. Mr. Fantasy Popular will have a prize of 5000 Baht. All boys will be wearing little else than swimsuits. Entrance fee for contestant is 300 Baht.

There will also be a fashion show of the latest Bangkok trends by POPEOPLE who are based on Third Road and offer great fashion to the most beautiful boys in Pattaya.

For more information contact info@jomtiengayguide.com

bigben
May 18th, 2007, 12:29
It is always nice to see BUSINESS VENTURES that will donate SOME money to a good cause.

"Entrance will be 250 Baht per person inclusive of 100 Baht for the Camillian Social Centre"

If 40 guys show up this will generate a whooping 4,000 baht for the centre !!!!!!!!!

What a deal.

Good Luck

Bob
May 19th, 2007, 03:23
For years, most of the posters have asked the bars to advertise how much of the entry fee was going to the given charity. The Jomtien people just did that and I applaud them for that. And it seems that, for most events, there actually is more donated to the given charity than the amount based on the number of attendees. Jpomtiengayguide, very good luck in holding the event.

Bigben's snotty sarcasm is difficult to understand. My guess is that the children at the Centre will appreciate whatever amount is donated. Given you're so high and mighty, Bigben, why don't you come up with what you think is an acceptable amount for an event to raise for the Centre - and then pay the difference yourself. Then you might have some credibility on the topic.

May 19th, 2007, 06:50
It is always nice to see BUSINESS VENTURES that will donate SOME money to a good cause.

"Entrance will be 250 Baht per person inclusive of 100 Baht for the Camillian Social Centre"

If 40 guys show up this will generate a whooping 4,000 baht for the centre !!!!!!!!!

What a deal.

Good Luck

100 baht out of 250 baht entrance fee will be donated! That's 40% of their gross income from entrance fee - quite generous I think regardless of the number of people who will show up - it's still very generous!! If 40 guys show up this will generate 4,000 baht for the center - Good for them!!!

Do you have 4000 baht you want to donate BigBen???

July 3rd, 2007, 18:58
UPDATE - It is looking very exciting as we are getting closer to the event.

POPPEOPLE who are doing the Fashion Show for this event will be showing their new collection of over 20 outfits - their models look stunning as they are, never mind in the beautiful outfits.

Mr Midsummer Fantasy - We are expecting over 20 contestants with gorgeous physiques from all over town + from Bangkok. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Mr Popular are being sponsored by Flamboyant Restaurant, Dick's Cafe, Camel Bar and Image Limousine amounting to 22,000 Baht in prizes.

The Raffle will be limited to good quality prizes worth more than 1000 Baht - raffle ticket only 100 Baht

Free snacks and canapes will be provided by the best restaurants in Jomtien Complex.

Charities (Camillian Social Centre for children with HIV + Take care) will be benefiting from a portion of the entrance fee and the raffle, so come and support them.

We will have a very special compere from London who will keep us entertained until she's had too many!

Shows from Dolce Vita who were wonderful at the last Jomtien Carnival will be performing together with the boys from EXXIT.

Posters will be out tomorrow around town and tickets will be on sale at the usual places in Jomtien - so get them early.

EXXIT, Jomtien Complex SATURDAY 21st JULY 2007 starts at 8 PM.

July 4th, 2007, 05:06
The Eccit is still running smoothly since several years. It's a nice place to be. And one of the pioneers in gay Jomtien Complex.

July 4th, 2007, 12:28
I think this one will pull a good turnout.

I like Exit & saw a good show when the Dolce vita people did a birthday party surprise turn at two faces.

Good luck to all involved - sadly i cant be there.

July 4th, 2007, 17:24
He got slammed for it. Perhaps he was a bit too harsh... but is he far off the mark? How many businesses have you seen donate all proceeds, minus costs of course. I have to side with Bob somewhat on this. True, any donation to the needy is welcomed - but not even half offered here. hummmm

July 4th, 2007, 17:26
I kept saying Bob when I should have been saying Bigben. Perhaps the cocktail was too early this afternoon.

July 4th, 2007, 20:44
Boogyman you're a bit unfair.

If you look at the next Charity dinner organised by the PGF (Manhattan's on 15th), a 500 B donation is given from the 1900 Baht price or 26% + a percentage of the drinks (???).
We are giving 100 Baht out of 250 Baht entrance or 40% + all money raised from the raffle, so I would have thought it could be pretty good. Furthermore I am certain that whatever is raised for the Camillian Centre for Children with HIV/Aids and Take Care will only be too pleased with any donations.

We admire the PGF for all the money they have raised for HEART 2000 and they have been doing it successfully for a number of years.

The Jomtien Gay Community is not even 1 year old and has organised a number of functions which raised money for charities as well. We do want to have different types of events and we are learning as we go along. We have a good group of 13 gay owned businesses as members in Jomtien and are very positive about the future of gay life in Jomtien. We run businesses that need to survive, as well as organising events for all the gay community living in Jomtien/Pattaya and its visitors.

We will be re-arranging furniture for the event at EXXIT and the garden will have covers just in case it rains. The catwalk for the fashion show and the boy contest will be inside and in the garden area.
We hope to be able to fit 150 people who am sure will want to enjoy themselves.

July 5th, 2007, 08:17
Firstly, I applaude anyone or any group that gives to charity.
It just seems that any business in Pattaya who wants to run a charity benefit event, holds on to up to half the proceeds.
THIS is what rubs my fur the wrong way.
Yes, businesses must make money to survive. I have no problem with that. But to connect a charitable event with a profit making event seems a tad off center to me. I know thats the way its done in Pattaya and I'm not out to change it.
Good luck on the event. It sounds like fun. Boogy

Bob
July 5th, 2007, 08:55
Firstly, I applaude anyone or any group that gives to charity. It just seems that any business in Pattaya who wants to run a charity benefit event, holds on to up to half the proceeds. THIS is what rubs my fur the wrong way.
Yes, businesses must make money to survive. I have no problem with that. But to connect a charitable event with a profit making event seems a tad off center to me.

I can understand being pissed at events that misrepresent what goes to a given charity and, like many others, encourage all of the venues to disclose exactly what is going to the charity (so, frankly, we can decide to attend) but I can't understand why your fur is being rubbed the wrong way because of the connection of a profit-making venture with a charitable event. That's the way it's done in many places, not just Pattaya. Simple direct donations from the donor to the charity, solicited by the charity, certainly works but repeated solicitations within the same year really doesn't. The PGF has a pretty solid history of donations (3 to 4 million baht a year) to Heart 2000 and I would never suggest PGF should alter the formula unless the same amount could be raised a "better" way.
Plus, frankly, the PGF is all about the promotion of gay venues - a goal I applaud and share - and all the annual events promote those venues (including helping them make some money) and raise a good chunk of change for charity at the same time. All in all, looks like a win-win situation to me.

July 5th, 2007, 13:39
Jomtiengayguide and Boogyman,

In my opinion you both got it wrong.

Jomtiengayguide. You neither have to justify nor quote comparisons and percentages. You have stated fairly and clearly the intentions of the event.

Restaurant events around Pattaya, amongst the gay well heeled have always raised substantially more monies for the needy than bar events so the 40% etc and all the other percentages are irrelevant, that is just how it is and has been, you only need to look at Bruno's.

Also, a lot of sponsors giving prizes and donations are far more likely to give to a restaurant venue than a bar that has boys in underwear etc, it is to do with how they portray their own or their business image, even though the money being raised is going to the same causes.

Boogyman, I feel your comments are incorrect, there is no need for the venue to give a set percentage because it 'is in the name of charity' The fact it is making an effort and supporting a cause is enough.

The way I read it, it is a fun night,fashion parade and event AND helping charity simultaneously.

A lot of the bars do nothing at all, I think its great and hope it is a success for all venues participating and contributing.

This, sometimes, can be the reason why venues do one event and "throw the towel in", because of criticism.

I know the work, stress effort and heartache of these events.

You just get organized, everything ready, the Heavens open, and three weeks work and planning are washed away with the weather. You then start bailing it[ the event] out with your own funds to avoid embarrassing yourself!!

I've been there and done it, when we have just laid this great buffet out in the Soi and everyone is running around trying to get it all out of the rain, and hold an event together at the same time.

On the day after the event the Camillian centre will have funds they did not have the day before which is to be applauded and gratitude should go to the organizers and especially to the sponsors and people attending and giving.

A bit of something is far better than a lot of nothing.

All the best everyone,

July 13th, 2007, 08:49
Update on 21 July event at EXXIT bar:

Free snacks/canapes will be provided throughout the evening with compliments of Flamboyant, Casa Pascal, Manhattan's and Asian Moon Cafe.

The top prize for the contest has been increased from 8000 to 10,000 Baht and sponsored jointly by Flamboyant Restaurant & Bondi Jomtien. Other prizes are 5000, 3000 Baht and another 5000 Baht for Mr. Polular. Sponsors are Flamboyant, Bondi, Dick's Cafe, Camel Cafe and Image Limo.

Prizes for the raffle are coming in fast - latest is a mobile phone, and a 2 return air tickets from Utapao to Koh Samui including transfers from Pattaya in an Image Limo - tickets will be priced at only 100 Baht each.

July 14th, 2007, 10:28
The provisional schedule for the Midsummer Fantasy at EXXIT, Jomtien Complex is as follows:

8 PM - Doors open
8:30 PM - Show by EXXIT boys
08:45 PM - Fashion Show by POPPEOPLE
09:05 PM - 1st round of Mr. Midsummer Fantasy contest
09:30 PM - Show by Dolce Vita
09:45 PM - Fashion Show by POPPEOPLE
10:05 PM - 2nd round of Mr. Midsummer Fantasy contest
10:45 PM - Mr. Popular Final (5000 Baht prize)
11:05 PM - Charity Raffle
11:30 PM - Mr. Midsummer Fantasy final round (prizes of 10,000, 5000 & 3000 Baht)
12:00 PM - Finale by EXXIT Boys & Dolce Vita

TICKETS ON SALE AT FLAMBOYANT, EXXIT, DICK'S CAFE, BONDI, DOLCE VITA, POSEIDON & IMAGE LIMOUSINE AS OF 15th July.

July 16th, 2007, 11:49
The Jomtien Gay Community is pleased to announce that Ms. Rosie Bothways has been rescued from a Vodka distillery and will now co-host the event on 21st July.

Asked his thoughts about co-hosting Midsummer Fantasy with Ms Bothways, Rob of Image Limo said:-

"I am thrilled for Rosie to have her comeback in Jomtien - it has been a long time, but she's bringing some vodka with her! "

July 16th, 2007, 11:53
Tables of 4 or more can be booked if purchasing tickets in advance.

Tickets are available at Dick's Jomtien, Bondi Jomtien, Flamboyant Restaurant, Poseidon, Dolce Vita and Image Limo.

July 16th, 2007, 13:32
The only "fantasy" is that there's of any value whatsoever in Jomthien Plaza.

July 19th, 2007, 13:20
Ticket sales doing well so we should have a packed house!

You can book a table for 4 or more if tickets purchased in advance from Dick's, Flamboyant, Bondi, Casa Pascal @ Poseidon, Dolce Vita and Image Limousine.

TrongpaiExpat
July 19th, 2007, 13:58
The only "fantasy" is that there's of any value whatsoever in Jomthien Plaza..

I just spent a few days staying at the Poseidon in the Jomtiem Complex. Good value for the quality with the summer rates. It was sparse on customers in the gay venues but a few of the lady bars had some customers. I did not see anyone in the Exxit at anytime that I passed the joint in the three nights and four days I was there.

It's really too bad, I though there was a lot of potential at the Jomtiem Complex. I don't get Sunee and I don't like Boystown.

July 19th, 2007, 16:42
Ticket sales doing well so we should have a packed house!

You can book a table for 4 or more if tickets purchased in advance from Dick's, Flamboyant, Bondi, Casa Pascal @ Poseidon, Dolce Vita and Image Limousine.

jomtiengayguide,

Is there a party going on then!! What's the date again?? Maybe, someone forgot!

July 19th, 2007, 18:05
Kevin,

As it says at the top of the thread, it is at 8 PM on 21st July at EXXIT bar, Jomtien Complex - it will be fun and Rosie Bothways' comeback is long overdue and she will surely light up the evening's procession.

July 19th, 2007, 18:51
Kevin,

As it says at the top of the thread, it is at 8 PM on 21st July at EXXIT bar, Jomtien Complex - it will be fun and Rosie Bothways' comeback is long overdue and she will surely light up the evening's procession.

There's going to be a procession, too? I love a parade!

July 20th, 2007, 10:17
DELETED

July 20th, 2007, 10:38
No, but I'll be there BG should you wish to come.The only "Spice" you'd be getting is boring tales of mutual masturbation in Texas. One of my spies tells me The Lad claims never to have engaged in anal or oral sex in his home state while growing up there - http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/sodomy

Will Hedda be at this event? Or will She Who Must Be Obeyed be devouring the latest edition of New Scientist, with its cover story of "The four trials of string theory"

July 20th, 2007, 14:00
Never engaged in mutual masturbation there, either. As for having "spies", is it that hard to admit you don't actually have me on ignore, and that you anticipate and pore over each of my messages with enthusiasm you usually reserve for sphincter-licking?

July 20th, 2007, 15:21
Kevin,

Silly me, must be the Meds again!

July 22nd, 2007, 19:43
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1609/8571041/16318291/267201317.jpg

I did go there rather late after 10 p.m. and only loaded with an ancient very slow camera. The place was very packed and extremely hot and humid - especially for those wearing blond wigs. The boy contestants were charming and the fashion show very pleasant. Lots of roses were sold for the Mr Popular competition. Rob Scar sparkled in his twinkly jacket and slightly taller Rosie Bothways (Miss) co-hosted the evening with wit and humour.

My photos are nothing o be proud of. Click on the photo to enlarge or click on the 'Large photo square' top right for larger shots. available at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/wowpow2002/ ... adness2007 (http://picasaweb.google.com/wowpow2002/JomtienGayCommunityMidsummerMadness2007)

July 23rd, 2007, 09:22
Wowpow - many thanks for the excellent photo - How did you get so close?
we will publish a few more of our own also on our website www.jomtiengayguide.com (http://www.jomtiengayguide.com) soon and would be happy to post some of yours with your permission.

July 23rd, 2007, 10:35
Why thank you kind Sir! Help yourself to any photos you like. Thanks for a fun time. I got close by hovering at the bar and then grabbing a vacant chair front row stalls.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/headerbergundy.jpg

July 23rd, 2007, 12:55
we will publish a few more of our own also on our website www.jomtiengayguide.com (http://www.jomtiengayguide.com) soon

Does that mean your website is going to be updated - it is rather overdue for one. Quite out of date now.

July 23rd, 2007, 13:10
Report:

The evening at EXXIT was pretty good and enjoyed by most, even though it was pretty warm (particularly inside).

We had a total of 176 paying guests which was more than expected and created a few seating problems - Thank you to all who came.

Both the EXXIT boys and Dolce Vita troupe entertained us well at various points in the evening, and very soon we were running behind schedule as these events usually do!

The Fashion show by POPPEOPLE was superb and worthy of any catwalk in Paris or Milan. The clothes were exceptional and the models pretty hot as well, including Khun Toi of Cafe Royale and two Westerners - now who else would have organised that but Khun Bank (owner of POPPEOPLE). Khun Bank worked very hard for a month to organise this show and we hope he will get a lot of support in his new shop in front of Day Night 2 Hotel which is opening soon. Currently his shop is on Third road, 200 m before the Pattaya Klang traffic lights (if you are going towards North Pattaya). He deserves everyone's support and just think of it: all Pattaya/Jomtien boys could be wearing great fashion!

Mr. Midsummer Fantasy contest had 15 participants from all parts of town. They walked their oiled bodies around EXXIT 4 or 5 times.

The winners were:

Mr Midsummer Fantasy: Khun Boy from Derby Men's Club, Jomtien, 1st runner up: Khun Arm (freelance) and 2nd runner up: Khun Ta from HiSo Internet, Jomtien
Mr. Popular w won by Khun Aon of Bondi Jomtien
Prizes were kindly donated by (in respective order) 10,000 Baht (Bondi Jomtien and Flamboyant Restaurant), 5000 Baht (Dick's Cafe, Jomtien), 3000 Baht (Camel Cafe, Jomtien) and 5000 Baht (Image Limousine).

The raffle prizes included some great prizes including 2 return tickets to Singapore with Limo to airport, a mobile phone, and 2 DVD players (donated by Jim of BoyzBoyzBoyz) as well as many bottles and restaurants vouchers - one of which was worth 8000 Baht (Manhattan's) - Thank you to all for buying tickets and Thank you to all who generously provided prizes.

Our hosts: Rob and the very lovely Rosie Bothways were roasting under the heat and sometimes found it difficult with the lack of good light and poor sound for which we apologise. Rosie who had not been on stage in a frock for 25 years looked great and we thank her very much for her time, her wit and, who could resist her lovely legs?

We would like to thank all the staff from all the Jomtien Gay Community businesses who helped including Bondi Jomtien, Dolce Vita, Dick's (who did some beautiful flower arrangements) and in particular Khun Chart who made the whole event happen. Thank you to Ron and lovely wife from EXXIT and all their staff for putting on a good show. Thank you to Casa Pascal, Famboyant, Manhattan's and Asian Moon for providing excellent canapes throughout the evening and to the Judges: Khun Bank, Danny and Tony who did a great job at confusing the MC's but I think picked the right winners>

A meeting will be held by the Jomtien Gay Community in the next few days and announcements will be made of monies raised on the night for charities.

Photos will be on www.jomtiengayguide.com (http://www.jomtiengayguide.com) very soon.

TrongpaiExpat
July 23rd, 2007, 14:00
Report:

The Fashion show by POPPEOPLE was superb and worthy of any catwalk in Paris or Milan.

What ever creditability you had left after the table wars of 07 has just went up in smoke. :geek:

July 23rd, 2007, 14:54
Report:The Fashion show by POPPEOPLE was superb and worthy of any catwalk in Paris or Milan. What ever creditability you had left after the table wars of 07 has just went up in smoke. :geek:Not to mention their credibility

July 26th, 2007, 10:50
The Jomtien Gay Community would like to advise that over 20,000 Baht was raised for Charity at the Midsummer Fantasy party.

After a meeting of members yesterday, it was decide to donate extra monies made from profits on the night to 40,000 Baht, which will be shared by equally by the Camillian Social Centre for Children with HIV/Aids and Take Care Safe Sex Project, Pattaya.

The presentation to Take Care will be made at the Charity Show with Ms Jason and Ms Sparkle at Bondi Jomtien on 31 July.
For the Camillian Centre, our members are in the process of fixing a date to go and visit the centre, and handover the donation.

We would like to thank all who came to the event and helped raise money for good charitable causes.