PDA

View Full Version : Taxis at Don Muang

May 18th, 2007, 08:08
Are taxis available from the old/new Don Muang airport, the way they were in olden times?

TrongpaiExpat
May 18th, 2007, 13:25
Yes, plenty of them at the exit door or walk over the street near the bus stop, a short walk. There still a 50B surcharge, none if you go to the street. No wait at the street too.

There is also a free bus to MRT Lad Phrao right from the airport. At Lad Phrao there is a Thai flight counter, I guess you can get your boarding pass and check luggage right there but I have not tried that yet.

May 19th, 2007, 05:16
There is also a free bus to MRT Lad Phrao right from the airport ... but I don't recall seeing that (not that I was looking particularly). Is the bus stop right at the terminal or out on the road?

TrongpaiExpat
May 19th, 2007, 13:07
I have not taken it either but I noticed the timetable sign and saw it stopped at the curb, ground level terminal. I also noticed the Thai Ticket Counter at Lad Phrao MRT, not right in the MRT, you have to exit and you can't miss it.

May 19th, 2007, 20:51
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure whether my 2 suitcases are suitable for the MRT though :idea:

May 20th, 2007, 19:11
Thanks for the information. I'm not sure whether my 2 suitcases are suitable for the MRT though :idea:

2?

what airline - luggage allowance you got? ( and what fills 2 cases lol?)

I go with one half empty case and fill it up!