PDA

View Full Version : bank routing number

dab69
May 17th, 2007, 21:44
I asked boy for bank routing number and he sends S.W.I.F.T. code SICOTHBK.
I was expecting a long number like an account number.

ANyone have any experience sending money via transfer to a bank account?

May 17th, 2007, 22:43
You will also need the name on the account and the account number the funds are being transferred to. As I understand it, the SWIFT code will get it to the bank - but the bank needs the additional information to deposit the funds to the correct account.

Personally, I never did obtain or use the SWIFT code for Bangkok Bank - when I transferred funds to my bf (before I retired and moved here), my USA bank accepted his bank name, bank address (I used main Office in Bangkok), name on the account, and the account number - I did include the Chaiyaphum Branch after the bank's name on the wire transfer form. After I opened my account with Bangkok Bank here in Pattaya, I used the same informatin for wire transfers except I noted it was the Pattaya Branch -- not sure that really is needed so long as you have the name and account number. However, I understand that some banks will not wire without the SWIFT code (I think my bank's International Dept had the information and didn't really need for me to profide it) -- I have never had a problem with my wire transfers -- currently, my wires from USA are deposited the next day in my Pattaya account.

May 17th, 2007, 23:08
Thai banks don't have routing codes, as far as I know. I make transfers all the time, and all you should need are the SWIFT code and the account number.

dab69
May 17th, 2007, 23:22
thanks lots. wish niddy's delivery service was still available

May 17th, 2007, 23:44
hi
the swiftcode you wrote was wrong
right is SICOTHBK = siam commercial bank headquarter bangkok thailand

the money will be in 2 or max. 3 days at this account
i have at this bank also my account and it works perfect
no problems anyway

good luck

Jetsam
May 18th, 2007, 00:41
hi

no problems anyway

good luck

You gave dab69 your own swift code didn't you :) now you receive all the money :cheers:

May 18th, 2007, 02:38
hi

no problems anyway

good luck

You gave dab69 your own swift code didn't you :) now you receive all the money :cheers:

what a bullshit you smoke to much in amsterdam, or you cann't read

May 18th, 2007, 02:49
I asked boy for bank routing number and he sends S.W.I.F.T. code SICOTHEK.
I was expecting a long number like an account number.

ANyone have any experience sending money via transfer to a bank account?

In Thailand there isn't any routing number. You need either IBAN or SWIFT codes.
The banking code for routing is already included witn account number.
Make sure all your writing (name, address etc.) is in CAPITAL letters and is exactly inline with ID or bank ATM card.

Jetsam
May 18th, 2007, 04:14
hi

no problems anyway

good luck

what a bullshit you smoke to much in amsterdam, or you cann't read

at least we have some sense of humor over here. :clown: it can be lame and I'm sure it is , but where u come from humor is a swearword according to your post.

dab69
May 18th, 2007, 11:49
online E Trade (thanks to this board- I opened an account) won't accept
anything but a numerical routing number. hope their phone representative
is knowledgable tomorrow...

paypal would be great, but same problem I bet. his bank needs a routing number and account number for him to sugn up to recieve funds.

even looked up western union, but no places in pattaya, according to their website search.
tons of places in bangkok to wire money to, but such a fee I am imagining.

the saga continues...

May 18th, 2007, 12:33

paypal would be great, but same problem I bet. his bank needs a routing number and account number for him to sugn up to recieve funds.

even looked up western union, but no places in pattaya, according to their website search.

the saga continues...

There are MANY places to pick up Western Union transfers in Pattaya. Any Bank of Ayudhaya, for starters.

May 18th, 2007, 12:34

the saga continues...

There are MANY places to pick up Western Union transfers in Pattaya. Any Bank of Ayudhaya, for starters.

May 18th, 2007, 12:34

the saga continues...

May 18th, 2007, 14:32

There are many of outlets in and around Pattaya where money can be collected, even Big C is one of them.

Western Union is fast bu very expensive (charges / exchange rate). Moneygram is the competitor with a similar structure.

Best is probably sending money bei eVisa card, like ikobo. More: www.ikobo.com (http://www.ikobo.com)

Boxer
May 18th, 2007, 20:18
Western Union you just specify Pattaya as collection point and the boy can collect from ANY of MANY outlets here as their computer system logs all amounts coming in from the number given at source.
Whatever way you choose make sure numbers and name is identical to ID card or account or it bounces back to you about a week later and you pay again to send again.

dab69
May 18th, 2007, 22:25
ETRADE wire request form wants a Bank Identification Code # also?

https://content.etrade.com/etrade/custo ... l_wire.pdf (https://content.etrade.com/etrade/customer/bank/ETB_international_wire.pdf)

western union online search site says no pickup in pattaya on their website, so I can't click to pattaya pickup from the website
Western Union Locator (http://locator.westernunion.com/AgentLocator/channelHtml/AgentLoc.do?method=load&localeCountry=US&language=en&specialCountry=US&invoker=aii&serverNum=1&env=prod&refresh=true&serverName=www.westernunion.com&jsessionID=011179421086255882&secureKey=BJ4eMptGgHcJUgaW3BUb&serverValue=2&IPAddress=172.31.100.38&serverAddress=172.31.100.157:80)

poor boy need money no work, and i think every email makes him more broke and no money.
good education for me if I ever need money there though.

somebody (reputable) should have a service like niddy's to deliver money

never thought it would be so difficult to give money away :)

May 18th, 2007, 22:37
ETRADE wire request form wants a Bank Identification Code # also?

https://content.etrade.com/etrade/custo ... l_wire.pdf (https://content.etrade.com/etrade/customer/bank/ETB_international_wire.pdf)

western union online search site says no pickup in pattaya on their website, so I can't click to pattaya pickup from the website
Western Union Locator (http://locator.westernunion.com/AgentLocator/channelHtml/AgentLoc.do?method=load&localeCountry=US&language=en&specialCountry=US&invoker=aii&serverNum=1&env=prod&refresh=true&serverName=www.westernunion.com&jsessionID=011179421086255882&secureKey=BJ4eMptGgHcJUgaW3BUb&serverValue=2&IPAddress=172.31.100.38&serverAddress=172.31.100.157:80)

poor boy need money no work, and i think every email makes him more broke and no money.
good education for me if I ever need money there though.

somebody (reputable) should have a service like niddy's to deliver money

never thought it would be so difficult to give money away :)

We've already told you that there are many, many places to pick up a Western Union transfer in Pattaya. Any Bank of Ayudhaya, Big C, or Thai post office.

Just send the transfer in his full name (as on his ID card; don't worry about spelling, they'll give it to him as long as it's close), and "Pattaya, Thailand". Then give him the MTCN and you're done.

ikarus
May 18th, 2007, 23:08
Dab69,
You will not be able to use Etrade for your transfer, since they will transfer funds to your account only. Using internet banking, you can register your own account in any other US bank
and transfer funds using so-called ACH system for free between your ETRADE account and your own registered account. For international wires (though I personally did not use this service with them) you most probably need to fax your request (the filled form you refer to in your message) to Etrade. However, as it is clearly stated in the form you attached the international account should be on your name. They will not wire funds to other party account. The easiest way to send your money: just go to your local bank and make a wire transfer with a representative. Do not worry about BIC: this is a modern version of SWIFT and most probably
SWIFT code should be enough. If you need to make repeated transfers to the same account, I would recommend to find out whether SIAM commercial bank has an office in US. If it does,
call them and ask whether you can transfer funds to the account in Thailand in their bank through their office. I know that it is possible with Kasikorn bank and it could be much cheaper in comparison with international wires.

dab69
May 18th, 2007, 23:20
typing in pattaya in the link above I find nothing for western union BUT everything seems to be grouped in this link for TH

http://locator.westernunion.com/AgentLo ... hod=search (http://locator.westernunion.com/AgentLocator/channelHtml/AgentLoc.do?method=search)

i am limited to what is on the page to click to send money to, and no zip codes match 20260

i see a couple listed as chonburi, Bank of Ayudhya, Ao Udhom?

no zip codes match 20260,

dab69
May 19th, 2007, 00:16
went to a bank just now, thanks to the reference that etrede won't transfer third party funds.

they say a third company handles their transactions overseas, so hopefully it will make it there for him. he better make it last a LONG time.

May 19th, 2007, 08:52
Dab,

Their search function is not up to date. Just transfer the money to your bf's name in "Pattaya, Thailand', and tell him to pick it up at the Western Union counter at any Bank of Ayudhaya, post office, or Big C.

ikarus
May 19th, 2007, 12:17
Dab69,
I am glad that you resolved your problem for now. If you need further transfers (something tells me you may!), keep in mind (as others suggested) that Western Union will work with final destination in Pattaya. I know from personal experience that one can pick up the transfer in Big C (as others suggested). However, your bank transfer probably will be cheaper. As I mentioned before, it is a good idea to find out whether SIAM commercial bank has an office in US (this information should be available from bank's website). If it does, you may consider to call them and ask whether it is possible to send money through them to a Thai branch of their bank. In this case they act as so-called correspondence bank. You ask your local bank to
make a telegraphic transfer to the US office of a Thai bank and provide further instruction
regarding the recepient in Thailand (typically beneficiary name and the account number).
The trick here is that you will be charged only for the domestic telegraphic transfer from your local bank to the US office of the Thai bank. It may sound quite complicated but , in fact, it is a standard banking practice and they will be able to handle it easily in any US bank. From what you wrote they use the other bank as a correspondence bank to handle your transfer.
Every US bank has such a partner if they do not have a direct access to Swift system.
The difference is, however, that if you use their standard route they will charge you (higher) international fare.
Sorry, it all may sound complicated, but, in fact,it is a standard banking practice and easily handled by any US bank.