PDA

View Full Version : Passing of Carl Lefton

May 15th, 2007, 13:35
Just wanted to let members know that Carl Lefton passed away on friday may 11th after being in a coma for some time.

May 15th, 2007, 13:46
Just wanted to let members know that Carl Lefton passed away on friday may 11th after being in a coma for some time.

Who the hell is Carl Lefton? Are we supposed to know?

elephantspike
May 15th, 2007, 13:55
Carl Lefton the artist from Provincetown, Massachusetts ?

http://www.askart.com/askart/l/carl_lef ... efton.aspx (http://www.askart.com/askart/l/carl_lefton/carl_lefton.aspx)

TrongpaiExpat
May 15th, 2007, 14:02
There was a Carl Lefton that was from Provincetown, but not the artist. This Carl ran a guest house and a guest house booking service. Is that the Carl your talking about? He was a frequent visitor to Thailand.

www.carlsguesthouse.com/ (http://www.carlsguesthouse.com/)

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 15th, 2007, 14:08
though I never knew you or heard of you..you lefton us. :angel1: RIP.

elephantspike
May 15th, 2007, 14:46
There was a Carl Lefton that was from Provincetown, but not the artist. This Carl ran a guest house and a guest house booking service. Is that the Carl your talking about? He was a frequent visitor to Thailand.

Yes, that jogs my memory. I knew Carl! In fact you and I have discussed this in the chatroom here before, Trongpai.

I knew Carl from Provincetown, though, not from Thailand, and Carl and I did discuss our common interest in Thailand on many occasions.

I'm pretty sure that Carl was also the artist responsible for the artwork on the page I linked to above (Provincetown is tiny).

Carl's Guest House was one of the last examples of simple, friendly, affordable hospitality left on the outer Cape.

I'm shocked and saddened to hear this news.

Carl will be sorely missed by many people around the world. He was a true gay pioneer.

May 15th, 2007, 15:12
Is it really that Carl? Can someone confirm?

I met that Carl when I was a mere 20 year old total slut/whore and stayed at his P-town guesthouse. He treated me very kindly, with paternal advice on limiting my sexual partners to 10 per day, cutting down on my coffee drinking (I would drink a pot of his comp coffee as soon as he brewed it) and didn't even charge me extra when I spilled a whole bottle of coconut oil on his furniture. A real nice guy, but I was too wild for his homely guesthouse.

I do miss those fried fat bellied clams they have there!

http://baxterscapecod.com/UserUploadedImages/clams2005.jpg

elephantspike
May 15th, 2007, 15:29
I met that Carl when I was a mere 20 year old total slut/whore and stayed at his P-town guesthouse.

Yup. that's him.

I met him when I was a 30 year-old slut working as a houseboy at the guesthouse accross Bradford Street, 10 years ago now.

Time changes us so profoundly.

I am now a 40 year-old slut.

TrongpaiExpat
May 15th, 2007, 15:56
We have yet to hear from the original poster, luvthai, on our speculation on who is Carl? Let's not jump to conclusions. Can you confirm, luvthai?

May 15th, 2007, 17:33
Well, in any case, guesthouse Carl would be quite aged by now, he was well on when I met him and I ain't a chicken anymore.

May 16th, 2007, 08:00
It is Carl from Provencetown.

May 16th, 2007, 11:00
DELETED

TrongpaiExpat
May 16th, 2007, 12:45
Perhaps I am a little simple? Don't answer that. But, what does it matter if he passed away? What relevance is it to any of us?

That's a little harsh. A lot of people knew Carl, I knew him and he was a nice guy. Carl was a frequent visitor to Thailand going way back to the early 90's.

I don't know if he ever had a name here, I knew him long before any of these forums.

RIP Carl

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 16th, 2007, 14:26
if you up and lefton us like Carl we would all be in mourning as well.

So farewell Carl-you've gone to that great boarding house in the sky.

I hope your accounts were in order.

May 16th, 2007, 16:07
I for one am happy to be reminded of this good man, a man who made an impression on you, a man who was a very well know personality in the very gay and very popular beach resort of Provincetown, Massachusetts. Even in my brief meeting with him, I feel I know that he continued to live a full long life, enriching the lives of the people he knew along the way. RIP Carl