PDA

View Full Version : Thai Blind Massage Institute

bing
May 13th, 2007, 18:27
Some time ago I mentioned that going to the Blind Massage Institute after a day at the beach was a great idea. Just go to the motor bike stand at the 7/11 on the corner of the soi leading to the beach and blind massage. The motor bike boys now know that in English. A year ago I had to do sign language of massage of shoulders for the guys to understand. Now they know the place. I like the two hour massage for 260 baht. by Shampoo ( this is phonetic spelling, just say shampoo and the lady at the desk will understand.) I tip 100 baht,

If you have not been to the place before they give you a choice of an air conditioned room for more baht, or fan room which is cheaper. I choose the fan as I do not like too much air conditioning even in my hotel room. Also I like to put on my Unico briefs for the massage. There will be Thai man and woman getting massaged on mattresses on the floor next to you. some will leave on their street clothing, and be massaged through the clothing. On the other hand, one day there was a German lady next to me who left on her bikini bottom and no top for her massage. Figured if it didn't bother her, why let it upset me. Isn't nice to enjoy all of creation. Anyways starting with toes up to top of head you will be worked over, No sex involved. If you are shy, though I can't think anyone on this forum would be, you may leave on you street clothing for the massage. I like the feel of massage on skin, so the cutaway briefs are a good choice for me. I have seen some wearing a thong, but most seem to have covering on buttocks. As the Thais say, 'It is up to you.' You may not know what a Unico cutaway looks like ( It is called Caribbean style on the web site),, You can check this out at www.unico.com.. (http://www.unico.com..). Knowing this forum I feel I must say I have no financial connection with Unico underwear or the Thai Blind Massage Institute. An admonition about massages, when I read Conde Naste magazine, they seem to want their clients to choose the most muscular person so as to get the best value for money. Naa Naa Naa at the Thai Blind Massage Institute, most of the people are strong enough to have you moaning and hollering uncle when they clamp down of various muscles they may have found on you that you may not have been used in memorable history. I prefer medium massage and just say "ouch" if pressure is too much. A final idea, you may ask for a lady or man for massage, I tend to like the blind massage guys, but if they are occupied, don't be hesitant about accepting a lady. If you really want to be in control, stop by the day before you want your massage and set up an appointment for the person you prefer. I like to set up appointments for Shampoo. He is popular and is often occupied if you just drop in. I find this a perfect way to end a day at the beach. As always, hope this is helpful to new guys on the forum and Pattaya.

bing
May 14th, 2007, 00:16
Hi WX, I am never sure if you are a troll or not, but I think your posting on the massage is Hilarius. I also like the knee in the back of the leg trick they seem to do. If you get the strong massage, I really think you would be bruised the next day. All the folks at the TBMI seem to work hard and do want to please the client.

bucknaway
May 14th, 2007, 00:39
I went there on my last trip and I didn't like the massage. I think I ordered a medium massage in a fan room and found it a total waste of time. There was no real skill employed in the massage and when it was over I had a "so what" feeling.

I don't know if I will ever try them again but I know I won't recommend the place unless someone is looking for an hour to kill on a rainy day and wants cheap Thai companionship.

catawampuscat
May 14th, 2007, 00:50
I went to the Thai Blind Massage with a friend and we both had 90 minutes massage in a fan room.
They had soothing music on low and the experience was wonderful and I highly recommend it.
I don't recall specifying hard or medium but the massage guy asked if ok and it was and the
90 minutes went by too fast. I will definitely go again and perhaps the 2 hour next time. :cat:

bucknaway
May 14th, 2007, 01:23
Lucky bastard! You got the massage I was supposed to get!

I went to the Thai Blind Massage with a friend and we both had 90 minutes massage in a fan room.
They had soothing music on low and the experience was wonderful and I highly recommend it.
I don't recall specifying hard or medium but the massage guy asked if ok and it was and the
90 minutes went by too fast. I will definitely go again and perhaps the 2 hour next time. :cat:

May 14th, 2007, 01:50
We are talking about TBMI, Jomtien Complex?

Please note:
All staff at the Thai Blind Massage Institute is well trained. There are probably the best for therapeutically massage.

Not all of the staff is blind but some are having enormous difficulties on there eyes side or are on the verge of losing there eye-side.

There is strictly no sexual massage available.

If you have anything to comment, contact Khun Sayan or his assistant immediately and let them know. There are very willing and keen to learn about your problems – in order to avoid and dissatisfaction next time.

Khun Sayan is an internationally known trainer and teacher of massage techniques. He teaches at well know medical schools like Chiang Mai and others in Thailand and abroad.

Nothing is always 100% perfect. But they are trying very hard go get near this level.

I never had any problems there and friend’s who recommended the TBMI to where also full of praise.

Have a look here: www.tbmipattaya.com (http://www.tbmipattaya.com)

May 14th, 2007, 09:35
I used to go there but had to stop because they constantly applied too much pressure. I understand some pressure is needed but they do not really understand 'medium'. My friends, who I brought there also complained and stopped going.
Its a shame because its good, legal work for the visually impaired, in a town full of smut.

May 14th, 2007, 10:02
One has to applaud the charity that runs TBMI which gives training and livelihood for blind persons. There are several other blind massage house around Pattaya.

I used TBMI a lot when it first opened but then the massage technique changed to what I understand is Chiang Mai style. This involves mostly a lot of downward pressure on the body and the twisting. I don't care for that. I once tried their oil massage and was very unimpressed both with the facilities and the masseur's skills. I stopped going there but see many tourists using the place and friends go there as well and like it.

Personally I think that there are beach masseurs who will give you a more pleasurable experience. One of the best is Charoen who works around the Rabbit Resort area.

I used to go to Marble House Massage in soi wall street off of Suriwong. They had blind male masseurs from Chiang Mai who I found excellent. Sadly they ran out of blind males and eventually closed.

A Thai friend who is a 'brick shithouse' went to a Blind Massage house near Day Night Plaza and afterwards when he went home and slept he could not stand up and it took a few days to get back to normal.

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1609/8571041/15911717/252438157.jpg

Mr Charoen

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1609/8571041/15911717/252438155.jpg

Mr Sak

Two good beach masseurs. Sadly no extras.