PDA

View Full Version : Hotels that dont reply.

May 11th, 2007, 21:29
Last week i emailed 6 hotels in Pattaya for availability/price etc and to date have 1 reply. I usually then phone and book once i have what i need.

Why do they bother having a website if they dont reply?

Would you use a hotel that didnt answer emails or had a wrong number on their website? An indication of the standard of the service you can expect?

May 11th, 2007, 23:18
Most 5-star hotels will respond to your email promptly. But for lower quality or smaller hotels, you should not expect the same.

sydneyboy
May 12th, 2007, 04:32
I have always found the Tarntawan in Bangkok superb in its prompt and helpful replies.

rincondog
May 12th, 2007, 06:15
I always give a pass on hotels that don't respond. There are so many places to stay in Pattaya that you can always find ones that will respond. I think it is a good indication of the service you can expect when a hotel doesn't respond.

May 12th, 2007, 08:24
Last week i emailed 6 hotels in Pattaya for availability/price etc and to date have 1 reply. I usually then phone and book once i have what i need.

Why do they bother having a website if they dont reply?

Would you use a hotel that didnt answer emails or had a wrong number on their website? An indication of the standard of the service you can expect?

Well I'll be dipped in &*%!. I've had EXACTLY the same problem this week! I can't understand why someone in business wouldn't respond to a potential customer.
I booked Bondi because they replied PROMPTLY and courteously. Full marks for them. :cheers:

When times are flush anyone can be a jerk and still make money. Its when business dries up that the true gems stand out and ultimately survive.

May 12th, 2007, 16:53
1. Publicly know email addresses ore often full of junk, and therefore ignored after a while
2. Lot of mail is filtered out and therefore lost

But furthermore:
1. In smaller places not everyone does have access to internet or email. If the manager not around, nobody might be able to read your mail.
2. Staff often can handle English without to any problems but reading or writing skills are not available.

Therefore:
1. Send a fax with your requirements. Ask them also for a working email account
2. If there is no answer within 12 hours call them and ask what happened to your fax

Both marketing and organiation is often below expectations.

I sometimes turn up at my chosen accommodation, present a copy of my email and informed them that I have a booking. After a moment of surprise I usually get what I’ve been asking for. It's obvious that they don't now how to handle the situation but I have never ever been turned away.

Thailand is never booked out. There is always an acceptable alternative available, especially at designated tourist destinations.

May 12th, 2007, 17:06
I think it is appalling that hotels do not respond to booking inquiries within 24 hours. Why do they invest in property and then not bother to reply to potential customers by express. This is not high season when they can expect to fill easily.

I make an exception for Mr Jimmy at the Pinnacle Lumphini as he is a law unto himself but does have good rates at an hotel I wish to use. I have taken to requesting a booking and asking him to confirm only if it is not available. That worked well but now he has started sending his terse replies requesting re-confirmation ASAP. A no win situation.

I think that you should name names. I am sure that the owners of such properties would like to know what is happening.

May 13th, 2007, 01:59
I sent 3 e-mails to the cafe royale regarding a booking and never receivied a reply to any. Maybe this is why its finding it hard in this the low season.

bucknaway
May 13th, 2007, 05:27
Over the years there has only been a few places that I have had some difficulty with internet bookings.

Jimmy at the Pinnacle. (I don't use the Pinnacle anymore at no fault to Jimmy, I just want a nicer place).

La Cafe Royale through Dragoncastle. (They were very slow to respond but once I did a follow-up email they went above and beyond what I thought was necessary to make me happy).

Babylon Barracks internet booking (They confused everything! They called me in my room one day asking me if I intend to stay longer. I was booked and paid for the full week but they confused it and had me due to check out after one day stay! I had to present them with copies of my e-mails, booking confirmation numbers and paid receipts before they could get it right. AND even after all that they did not tell me what happened, they simply gave me back all my papers and kindly let me know I could go back to my room.. (Bitches!).....

The View Talley, booked through Dragon Castle. We had a bit of a mix-up in the bookings and later they asked me to remind them of my booking dates and then again they asked that I remind them with a e-mail a day or two before I arrive. When I did arrive I went there trying to find their office, but they didn't have an office that I could find and I realized I had no way to contact the person or business I was to rent the room from. Other lurkers in the lobby swarmed on me wanting me to rent their places but I went to a PC Cafe and sent an e-mail to the renter with our phone number. in 10 minutes he called, picked us up and check us into the room and let us know that we could help ourself to the contents of the mini-bar with no added cost.

The only other booking problem I have had was when a friend in Chiang Mai asked that I allow him to make my hotel bookings. I agreed. When my time to travel to Chiang Mai was near, I contacted my friend but did not hear back... The hotel never got the reservation and blah, blah, blah.... Later I did hear from my friend and he told me he was out of town... I never mentioned anything about the problems I had because he did not book my hotel... Hell I don't even talk to old whats-his-face anymore... :angel4:

May 13th, 2007, 09:52
jontiengayguide.com offers a listing of hotels in Jomtien with some which can be booked though them at discounted rates.

May 13th, 2007, 20:28
Small &\or independently owned hotels & guest houses: Often the web site is set up by someone calling himself a web site service, designer or some such crap; who sticks a page on the i-net, collects his fee, says he'll be back--And is never heard from again--Or only comes around when ever he's short on cash.
OR: they may be dependent on someone who only drops by once-a-week to read and answer e-mail. It may be the ten-year-old son, grandson, etc. who plays secretary, maintains the computer, read, answer e-mail, etc.--Same as those i-net shoppes that are always full of kiddies playing video games: grandpa owns, 10-yo grandson runs & manages.

Possible solutions:
1.] Send another e-mail.

2.] Phone or Fax.

3.] If going to Bangkok first, call from there to book Pattaya. Ask (friendly) desk clerk to assist if need be. Tip.

4.] Book a 4 or 5-star (Pamper yourself) place the first couple\few days (Pack accordingly); after arrival; call, in person, at the guest house(s).
Num (The one(s) you Off'd &\or motorbike-taxi driver you may or may not have.) are usually happy to assist:
Take you around to hotels,
translate: if your Thai is nit noy,
bargain: better price,
help you move hotels,
hold your hand crossing streets,
hold your hair, or hairpiece, while you puke up the papaya salad (From street vendor.) he insisted you try,
hold your wallet: so you don't accidently flush it during a bout of the trots, etc.
It's so nice to have a num around the house.