View Full Version : I am almost at my limit with you people!

bucknaway
May 10th, 2007, 09:19
I don't know what a lot of this stuff means but it seems that things I have posted in the past on this board have my imaginary message-board-cyberglass (upload quota) more than half full and I am nearing my limit... So whatever the limit is, I am near it and once it is reached I will not be able to do whatever it is that has gotten me to that limit.... And what will happen when I am at the limit? Repercussions and consequences???? Who knows....

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a337/blkcuteguy/stat.jpg

elephantspike
May 10th, 2007, 11:21
It Just means that once you reach that limit, you can't attach any more images to be hosted here (Using the "Attach Image" button in the message-posting box) until you upgrade your membership by Paypaling us $25. Once you upgrade, you can attach all the files you want, even video files.

If you prefer not to contribute, that is fine and perfectly understandable, it just means you have to host your images elsewhere (like photobucket, for instance) and simply show your images on the board by linking to them here (as you have done above).

The whole Upgrading deal is explained in the sticky topic at the top of the Gay Thailand forum index, here:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 11230.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/benefits-of-upgrading-membership-t11230.html)

Khao Chai Mai, Khap?

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 10th, 2007, 20:18
any excuse to post another raunchy snap of yourself !!! :wav:

May 11th, 2007, 00:27
any excuse to post another raunchy snap of yourself !!! :wav:

Ha . . . Don't Make Me Laugh ! :bounce:

lunchtime O'Booze . :flower:

CHRONICALLY SICK, BUT STILL THINKING I THINK

Crazywhack Shiznit For Your Brizzle.

Scooter Guy

Hooker Bastard

Making Peace with Toilet Paper

Authorblog

Laugh.Relate.Think

Wise Bread ! :vis:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblogs/upload/44/596174880464355e28d9b5.jpg

Evil Nature ! :clown:

May 11th, 2007, 04:20
Sometimes I know exactly what you mean. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/biglaugh.gif

G.

elephantspike
May 11th, 2007, 13:08
Sometimes I know exactly what you mean.

Right, Baziel, you mean?

Sometimes I don't quite get what Baziel is trying to say, but the above post by him is perfectly clear to me (for some reason).

:compress:

May 11th, 2007, 19:19
I haven't yet reached my limit so here is view of my garden and my rare white single Amaryllis. To counter Bucks eye. I thought they looked rather charming in the "white garden" this morning, white and pale yellow if you include the variegated Ginger's. I bought them a year ago in Bangkok and they are thriving. The white palms are rather lovely don't you think, Dypsis leptocheilos? From seed collected in Madagascar would you believe.

This is terrible news Spikes, and I thought all the Mod cons were for our benefit, not entirely altruistic are we? Notice my pictures are getting smaller and smaller. Soon we shall all vanish into the sea of the world wide webbing, never ever to be seen nor heard from again.

Baziel still fokking paarden I see? Yes its a poem, and I like. Can we have more? Before its too late.

Aunty
May 11th, 2007, 19:30
Very nice :flower: How tall are those white flowers, Cedric?

Smiles
May 11th, 2007, 19:52
" ... I don't know what a lot of this stuff means but it seems that things I have posted in the past on this board have my imaginary message-board-cyberglass (upload quota) more than half full ... "
Basically it means dick . . . . if you don't wish to contribute to the Board's costs then you don't have to, and you won't lose anything vis-a-vis posting photographs. You just may not be able to do it using the Board's own in-house technique.

Just keep on using your PhotoBucket account and linking the images and you'll never have to worry about " ... what this stuiff means ... "

You might also try actually reading Elephant's explanation about these things at the top of the page in the Gay Thailand Forum ( http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 11230.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/benefits-of-upgrading-membership-t11230.html) )

Cheers ...

May 12th, 2007, 07:37
Thank-you Aunty, about 70cm.
Smiles I don't know about you, but I just tried using "flicker" which also means a gay in Dutch, but in this instance it means my photo storage, and no SGT doesn't seem to accept these URLS anymore. So what it might mean is your posting will have no picture on it at all, but just a web address where the picture might be found? Of course I could be wrong and be doing something wrong? But this is what I gather from Spikes message above.

At least we still get to keep our Avatars. Stripped to the bare essentials, is not an altogether bad thing, posters can go back to concentrating on grammar mistakes and such, always interesting.

elephantspike
May 12th, 2007, 10:27
No, Cedric, you misuderstood. If you have an image hosted elsewhere, you can post it here by simply enclosing it in the img bb code tags. That makes the image appear in the thread just as it always has. If you use the url tags instead of the img tags, it will make a text link to your image.

The upload limit is only affected when you add an image to a post using the "add attachment" button. That uploads your image to this server and gives it a url on this domain that you can link to elsewhere if you like. That uses my bandwidth, which costs me money. I can't afford to give everyone unlimited free uploads, hence, the limit, which is vastly increased for those who would like to contribute funds.

It is simply a way to thank those who contribute by allowing them to store lots of files here. It does not affect those who don't care to contribute. They can just use third party file storage sites like photobucket, just as everyone did before I added the attachment feature.

Smiles
May 12th, 2007, 10:51
" ... Smiles I don't know about you, but I just tried using "flicker" which also means a gay in Dutch, but in this instance it means my photo storage, and no SGT doesn't seem to accept these URLS anymore ... "
Cedric, 96% of the images I post on this Board are hosted with either PhotoBucket or PhotoDump. And they come out just fine ... I posted one just a few minutes ago in fact). The only time I've used the in-house thing was when I was trying it out. I don't like the frame around it at all, and prefer to stick with my own photo-hoster.

ElephantSpike has said above that there is a bandwidth cost to that and I feel if that is the case, a donation to the Board's cost is quite reasonable.

(Bob ... get ready for a dumpster full of money unloading on your doorstep :santa: )

Cheers ...

May 14th, 2007, 11:19
Thanks smiles i am getting fond of the frames, it, well it, frames the picture? Glorious agapanthus season is here at last. Anyone know where i may find some Curcuma cordata bubs while I am in Thailand, I can fetch Saturday, "jewel of Burma" would be excellent, I know it is the rarest but I need a challenge on a holiday, what a score that would be.

May 14th, 2007, 11:36
Now i just have to learn how to use this bloody camera. Any tips anybody? I have a problem with the focus. Seems I have reached my limit on the picture front as well. What were you saying Spikes? Oh yes. Does this come with any security risk, this free image posting for the elderly and very young and stingy? By the way did you get my IOU, I send it awhile ago.

Anyway that is much better, seems the focus improves when you point in a different direction. i love the feel of warm dry grass head on bare skin, I have made it so you have to walk through a shower of it to get to the pool, the grass has gone from a deep maroon to an African russet over the dry season.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/197/497404582_dda76d317e.jpg

elephantspike
May 14th, 2007, 12:16
You can always still just host your images elsewhere, then post them here by enclosing the url of your image in these things:

That's the way we always did it before I added the attachment feature. That costs me nothing, thus is, as it always has been, free.

Alternatively, if you need to use the attachment feature to add attachments to be hosted here instead of remote hosting for some reason , and the financial obligation of $25 is too much, I can always consider providing a donated upgrade on an individual basis (based upon merit and need) in lieu of the poster's ability to finance a paid upgrade.

PM me if you want me to donate an upgrade to you.

May 14th, 2007, 12:29
And here is my friend from Cairo, formerly a migrant construction worker from Dubai, i would like to thank him for all the help he has given in constructing the lotus garden.

elephantspike
May 14th, 2007, 12:44
Well done, technically, but you can't post cock pictures here, so I had to delete it. Try posting some of your flowers the same way as you did that picture.

It works.

May 14th, 2007, 13:01
My lotus pond is not a ck picture, maybe I havnt got the focus right yet but no need to take that attitude. I had his permition to post the picture of our pond and i have no copy right on it, so what gives spikes?
Thank you for the kind offer of an upgrade, I hope Cathay pacific are as lovely as you are on Sat morning. You see i cannot even afford first class anymore, i am so used to turning left on entry that they now have a steward installed especialy to personaly and abruptly herd me off into buisness as i board. I dont even own a suit that properly fits the lengh of my arms and legs anymore, Bleak house all round.

elephantspike
May 14th, 2007, 13:14
You see i cannot even afford first class anymore, i am so used to turning left on entry that they now have a steward installed especialy to personaly and abruptly herd me off into buisness as i board.
Wow!

Times are rough!

:nud:

May 15th, 2007, 06:41
Tongue in cheekie of course :albino: