PDA

View Full Version : from Bangers to Pattaya

May 9th, 2007, 23:39
I have used Mr.Toom's taxi service for airport pickups and returns and have not been disappointed. Very reliable and I have never had to argue the price. 1200 baht and includes toll's.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 10th, 2007, 08:36
links ?...this is an often asked question.

If I'm feeling grand I use Image Limos-total luxury but the last few times I've been so exhausted and fallen asleep.( A cattle truck would have done the job and possibly been more suitable)

Thai airways limos are too expensive and they just use those horrible cheap Mercedes.

Image drivers are superb and that's the most important thing to me--safe drivers.

May 10th, 2007, 10:32
I am not considered a good tipper but 20 baht is a tad low ha ha ha.

May 10th, 2007, 11:19
DELETED

May 10th, 2007, 11:48
Billy, you are a scream!!!

Sure is,

coupled with the fact he has "more imagination than Walt Disney"

TrongpaiExpat
May 10th, 2007, 12:42
Billy has the fastest, cheapest and most fun way to get from Bangkok to Pattaya: All done with just his mind and an Internet service provider.

Sawatdee International Airport announces Air Mind flight 707 departing reality on time at gate 339

May 10th, 2007, 15:58
I would doubt that Billy has ever been to pattaya but there have been sightings of a short bald fat midget with a bad attitude. So I guess he has been there.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 10th, 2007, 20:06
"more imagination than Walt Disney" .. that's not difficult..he's been cryogenically frozen for the last 50 years.:dsv:

May 12th, 2007, 17:36
For cheapest way from Bangkok airport to Pattaya use

1. bus from airport transportation centre to Victory Monument for 35 TBT
2. bus no 29 from Victory Monument to Hua Lamphong station for 7 TBT (8 TBT between 25 - 5 h)
3. train number no 283 from Bangkok to Pattaya = 31 TBT third class.

No tips required.

May 12th, 2007, 17:58
"more imagination than Walt Disney" .. that's not difficult..he's been cryogenically frozen for the last 50 years.:dsv:

Could we do that to Billy?????

May 12th, 2007, 18:04
ttom,

I wouldn't fancy that after a two plane 13/14 hour flight and two to three suitcases, but as they say "Up to you"

There is also a saying, I think it was an American, "If you can't afford to travel in style, Stay home!"

May 12th, 2007, 18:10
Yeah, ttom...how long would that little itinerary take? Like, 20 hours?

May 12th, 2007, 19:47
Pending where and when you arrive in Bangkok: New (Suvarnabhumi) / old airport (Dong Muang).

Busses from both airports and also from Victory Monument to Hua Lamphong are operating daily around the clock.

Expect from Airport to Victory Monument around 50 min, from Victory Monument to Hua Lamphong around10 min travelling time, pending on traffic.

Only one train (283) from Pattaya (well worth trying it, the panorama is spectacular) leaving Hua Lamphong at 6.55 h. It usually arrives at Pattaya station (yes, there is one) but expect 3.5 to 4 hrs travelling time. The other pro is, while using the train, kind Thai people will share there food with you and feed you for free; withanother words, you might bet your money worth back.
Travelling time: If you're good on it, and if you're lucky, expect anything between 7 to 30 hours.

Any further questions? Please ask

Apart from this, if there are travellers how are able to afford a small supplement of roughly 75 TBT, I recommend Bell Travel service; Suvarnabhumi to your chosen accommodation in Pattaya: 150 TBT. Modern luxury coach between Bangkok and Pattaya; mini busses to your final destination Travelling time: Expect around 2 to 2.5 hrs. Excellent.

Thailand tourism provides solutions suiting any budget.

I

May 13th, 2007, 00:13
Billy has me rolling! he should start a blog!