PDA

View Full Version : The real Bangkok Hilton

Jetsam
May 9th, 2007, 16:08
Interesting docu in six parts (for them with to much time) about life in Bangkwan Prison .

PS: I was not sure what movie I should post , the Paris Hilton one or this.. but since this is a Thai related board.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy880cLxRvw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0ZnY4Ig8Tw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVwrFyMdqwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr5AxSQUVWc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g0QG0k04D8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phUDmL2Xd7k

May 9th, 2007, 16:37
Who's in jail ???

The Invisivle Man??? It's a blank screen!!!!!!!!

May 9th, 2007, 16:46
Who's in jail ???

The Invisivle Man??? It's a blank screen!!!!!!!!

Oh, quit your nell screaming. It's a blank screen because the links are to YouTube, which is blocked in Thailand.

May 9th, 2007, 19:48
Oh, quit your nell screaming. It's a blank screen because the links are to YouTube, which is blocked in Thailand.
<sigh> When did the YouTube block return? For at least three or four days last week I had unblocked access to the entire site. Now, today, I see from the opening post of blank spaces, the blockade is back.

May 9th, 2007, 19:56
One of them,this was his second life sentence after being released after 10 years only do drug importing again and get caught ,this time he got life.
When they were being interviewed,the surrounding gardens were full of flowers and greenery,and he said" this is all make up,this is the outside,its like hell in there,worse than hell".

As i said one of the guys who is from Sydney,Australia liked it so much he went back a second time.
The mind boggles that he would even consider running drugs to Thailand after having spent 10 years in the Bangkok Hilton.

Gives little crediblity to the claim that prison terms are a deterrent to recidivism. If the Bangkok Hilton doesn't deter a return to crime, what will?

May 9th, 2007, 20:49
Thanks Jetsam for uploading the 6 parts. It was very informative.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 9th, 2007, 21:10
and what about the Paris Hilton video ?

Jetsam
May 10th, 2007, 01:24
The mind boggles that he would even consider running drugs to Thailand after having spent 10 years in the Bangkok Hilton.

The drug runners are not caught for bringing drugs to Thailand, that would be like bringing water to the sea (don't know if that is an expression in English too) they are caught for trafficking drugs from Thailand or transit it via BKK (as in the movie "Bangkok Hilton" with Nicole Kidman, she was caught for trafficking drug from Goa India via BKK to Australia)

Gives little crediblity to the claim that prison terms are a deterrent to recidivism. If the Bangkok Hilton doesn't deter a return to crime, what will?

There is a very radical solution, it 100% guarantees that there will be no recidivism but with so many proven wrong verdicts , well.... I don't know

and what about the Paris Hilton video ?

Just posted it at www.sawatdee-str8-thailand.com (http://images.ciao.com/inl/images/products/normal/027/Hilton_Paris_Parijs__467027.jpg)

have a look you pervert :clown:

May 10th, 2007, 06:07
The drug runners are not caught for bringing drugs to Thailand, that would be like bringing water to the sea.

True for some drugs, untrue for others (cocaine, for instance, which is gaining popularity among well-to-do's).[/quote]

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 10th, 2007, 08:29
is a great deterrent.

I mean it's full of Thai and Burmese generals isn't it ? :scratch:

May 10th, 2007, 10:09
Heres a list of all farang prisoners.Imagine never going to Pattaya again,imagine never having sex again.They are in there for life.

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisone ... kwang.html (http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/pris-bangkwang.html)

I think we all should either pay a visit or at least donate money to some prisoners,yes they made a wrong decision but please have a heart.

http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisone ... hawke.html (http://www.phaseloop.com/foreignprisoners/case-andrew-hawke.html)

Try sparing a thought for some of those in there wrongfully convicted, and there are plenty, some just don't have the funds/means or will to fight.

Many accept because they have no funds for a lawyer, also, they get the sentence reduced by half if they admit it!

WHAT would you do if you had no money???

May 10th, 2007, 11:36
Try sparing a thought for some of those in there wrongfully convicted, and there are plenty, some just don't have the funds/means or will to fight.

Tell us which ones those are, please, and we'll spare them a thought. The rest of the drug dealers and kiddie diddlers can rot.

May 10th, 2007, 13:06

Tell us which ones those are, please, and we'll spare them a thought. The rest of the drug dealers and kiddie diddlers can rot.

Sure will Boygeenyus,

At risk of seeking sympathy and a thought.

How about Kevin Quill for one

Seven months in Chonburi Prison, Millions of baht in legal fees, Wrongly convicted, on bail for seven years, Cleared in the Appeal Court two and a half years ago.

Received an apology from the National Police in front of the British Embassy and technically still on bail!

Mind you, if it were up to some, I wouldn't be writing this, I would have been hung already!

I respectfully suggest SOME of you should reflect and not take for granted the judicial systems you are privileged and fortunate to have in your countries of origin.

May 10th, 2007, 13:21
Kevin,

Yes, I recall your ordeal and know all about it. No one should have to go through what you did. But, with due respect, you chose to go into a quasi-legal, vice-centered business in a foreign country -- and knew (I hope) the risks of getting into some kind of mess were much higher than if you were to open a more, shall we say "conventional" business.

What was jail like?

May 10th, 2007, 14:11
I agree with the comments on the business side Boygeenyus,

I then spent a few years building the venture [ and changing it, to something that would appeal to a prospective buyer] so I could ultimately sell it.

The unforeseen Cancer sped things up, and I just happened to have the right buyers in the right place at right time!

Chonburi Jail, was like most of the things you have read in the various publications available such as Damage done, Welcome to Hell [ I was in fact in the same prison and wing as the Author of the latter, at the same time, Colin Martin! ]

There were 93 of us in a 10m x 10m cell. Sleeping was near impossible and because of the Buddhist beliefs [ feet not touching heads] we had to sleep Head to head and feet to feet, so your legs were entwined with the person opposite so they could squash you all in a cell.

There was two floor holes in the left hand corner for a lavatory, there were white lights permanently on in the cell and a couple of ceiling fans, one which I bought after the old one packed up!

We were in a Wing accommodating 2,000 built for 700. Health was a scary thing and the prison ' Nurses' gave no assistance whatsoever. I exploded in boils, rashes and scabies and had to be taken to the Chonburi Hospital as the Prison did not have the means or facilities.

They said it was their job to keep you in, not to look after you.

Mornings were terrible, they kicked you out of the cells at dawn and them you have 2,000 people attempting to wash in troughs in semi hygienic water, and 15 or 16 open toilets, so anyone needing to, had to, in full view of everyone else, nearly 2,000 inmates.

There were old men without limbs,looking bewildered, whose children had committed crimes and because they did not own up all the family were arrested on suspicion! [ which they are allowed to do for 84 days before charge]

I ended up buying and sharing medicines amongst myself, and those in my cell, who were particularly ill.

The Red Cross used to call for the dead as no other Hospital service was interested.

Any court appearances meant bare feet and leg irons for the duration plus handcuffs at that time.

I could go on and on. The worst was being in there for something you knew you had not done.

The Newspapers in the UK were full of it, until the real story came out and public opinion changed.

My Mother would no longer venture out of the House nor would my two sons attend school.

Yes, you could say, the Damage was done!

Jetsam
May 11th, 2007, 03:59
There were old men without limbs,looking bewildered, whose children had committed crimes and because they did not own up all the family were arrested on suspicion! [ which they are allowed to do for 84 days before charge]

That for me is really a sign of a backward culture, sorry

May 11th, 2007, 05:10
Lovely sense of humour they have. "We take the prisoner's fingerprints after the execution to make sure we still have the right one." Bit of a faux pas if it's not.
Still it's good that they landscaped the journey to death row with that life sized giraffe. I'm sure the prisoner would appreciate the effort.

May 11th, 2007, 08:12
Hi,

It is quite true, for some reason, at the entrance to the Prison and also the immediate area inside, where Foreign dignataries and senior Thai officials sometimes gather, the gardens are tended beautifully.[ by the prisoners]

I am not sure, possibly, the object of this exercise is to make you feel it is not that bad and the prisoners could not possibly be telling the truth about the horror stories inside

Prison is not supposed to be enjoyed, I also, would not agree with vast amounts of taxpayers money being used to give comfort to people who have brought pain and suffering to others.
\
However, there is humanity, that is what sets us aside from the animal Kingdom.

I would introduce forced schooling,making sure they could read and write [ many of them can't!], making them understand the crimes they have committed,not just throwing them in a hole, that way they learn nothing, other than how to be a better criminal from the other inmates.

If you tell someone they are worthless every day, eventually they will believe you. That is dangerous!

By the way,there were no flowers in Section 6 of Chonburi Jail, where I was caged, only different shades of concrete!

May 11th, 2007, 08:22
For those of us with the occasional prison sex fantasy (there was one such nutter on here not too long), was there much sex (forced or not) to be had?

May 11th, 2007, 09:40
For those of us with the occasional prison sex fantasy (there was one such nutter on here not too long), was there much sex (forced or not) to be had?

Yes,

There was most certainly.

There were gang rapes, usually by the "Lifers" on new and old prisoners. The Burmese, Laos, Cambodians were the prime targets.

They were only going to be there approx. 40 days and then deported, the Thais knew it, The guards ignored it as by the time anyone complained they would have already been shipped out by the time the complaint came up.

Ladyboys, paired off at weekends and offered a variety of services, They were segregated from mainstream prisoners in separate cells, so made up for it in the yard at weekends.

Some Thais who were skint,[ financially challenged, so what's new you ask! ] accepted it as a "quit pro quo" situation in return for food and cigarettes.

Unfortunately, especially weekends when the prisoners were not working, Jungle Law prevailed!!

May 11th, 2007, 15:24
How come the Andrew Hawke guy looked to have plenty of room for his mattress while there were others who were lying side by side?

May 11th, 2007, 22:18
How come the Andrew Hawke guy looked to have plenty of room for his mattress while there were others who were lying side by side?

Dunno Steve,

I cannot access the website from Thailand, There were NO matresses in Chonburi Prison, that's for sure!

Jetsam
May 12th, 2007, 04:07

Dunno Steve,

I cannot access the website from Thailand,

Kevin,

Is google video also blocked in thailand? if not I can upload it to google if anyone is interested.

May 12th, 2007, 08:06
Hi Jetsam,

Hope someone else can answer this, I am not that computer literate! And I don't know where to look/check.

May 12th, 2007, 15:05
The only other Foreign noy farang prisoners in there were

An Englshman travelling on an Irish passport, Mr. Colin Martin. Two French, 1 German, a number of Pakistani, Iraqi,Iranian, Chinese,Singaporeans. etc.

You would be nearer the mark to say Foreigners as opposed to Farang.

I did not stand together or really mix with them. They were all in one room and I was segregated and placed with 93 Thais.

The reason for this was the Authorities had had too many problems with a Foreigners omly room and evenutally the penny dropped, just because he had a white face did not mean you were going to be bosom buddies, quite the reverse was usual!