PDA

View Full Version : Bondi Sold.

May 8th, 2007, 17:39
I have heard from a reliable source, that the Bondi has been sold. The current owners will apparently be hosting a farewell party this coming Thursday.

G.

Smiles
May 8th, 2007, 22:26
" ... I have heard from a reliable source, that the Bondi has been sold. The current owners will apparently be hosting a farewell party this coming Thursday ... "
Good for them.
I just hope they (or more likely the new owners) get in touch with future bookees to inform them whether their reservations are sacrosanct (we're supposed to be staying there over Christmas) . . . or whether it's going to be turned into a laudramat or real estate office.

Cheers ...

jinks
May 8th, 2007, 23:00
I have already sent mail asking that very question.

May 9th, 2007, 01:46
this was rumoured - and denied - last month.

I hope not - they do a good job there∟!!

May 9th, 2007, 04:46
this was rumoured - and denied - last month.

I hope not - they do a good job there∟!!

And extra's ! :clown:

May 9th, 2007, 09:42
DELETED

May 9th, 2007, 10:04
I wonder if they got the rumored 40 Million Baht asking price???

No,

And it could only ever have been a rumour on a property with a small track record and a very average lease.

I think the rumour was generated by silly mischief makers, not the owners!

What are you buying?? The goodwill of a business on a lease, How much realistically can that be worth. in real terms. :idea: :idea:

lonelywombat
May 9th, 2007, 11:50
40 million is much more than was being asked for Poseiden, which is certainly a better buy

May 9th, 2007, 12:15
Dear lonelywombat,,

I once asked about the figure of Poseidon out of genuine interest but got no response except "the Boss is away ', although I did not approach the estabishment directly myself. I sent an agent , They also, were given no figure as to what was the asking price, that was hardly surprising if the owner was absent.

How many rooms does it have???They look beautiful on the website!

I was also told it was a lease [ unconfirmed] I found it difficult to believe, a person would invest that kind of money if it was not freehold.

The figure on Bondi is a nonsense, as a business person, I find it extremely difficult to believe that is the figure, either quoted or received!

lonelywombat
May 9th, 2007, 13:31
Dear lonelywombat,,

I once asked about the figure of Poseidon out of genuine interest but got no response except "the Boss is away ', although I did not approach the estabishment directly myself. I sent an agent , They also, were given no figure as to what was the asking price, that was hardly surprising if the owner was absent.

How many rooms does it have???They look beautiful on the website!

I was also told it was a lease [ unconfirmed] I found it difficult to believe, a person would invest that kind of money if it was not freehold.

The figure on Bondi is a nonsense, as a business person, I find it extremely difficult to believe that is the figure, either quoted or received!

There was a difference of opinion as to the asking price.I was told they were looking for 32 million net which means their asking price would be at least 38 million assuming 10% commission. I know that is high but that seems to be the rate. John B could put us on track with the correct figure I was also told they rejected 32 million gross before Xmas

They had 2 studio and 2 one bedroom units on at the least the first 2 floors. On the third was the suite with spa that Jinks used to stay in. I am not sure how many units that floor . There is a staircase next to reception and that leads to one unit on each of 3 floors. At least 12 as far as I can recall

I also believe it was not a lease and that they bought the shop next door and added the extra 3 rooms

jinks
May 9th, 2007, 17:58
Hi jinks,

Thanks for the e-mail, yes its true we have sold.

I can assure you your booking is safe along with the price .

The new owners are very nice and are known around the gay scene in Pattaya.
They have assured us that they want to keep every thing the same.

M and my self will be around still so I am sure we will bump into you when you are here.

Thanks for supporting the Bondi and I am sure you will still continue to enjoy the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

May 9th, 2007, 18:14

YES. Indeed they are Hon, and maybe well known to many here..........Just who will be the first with the scoop?????????

May 9th, 2007, 22:30

YES. Indeed they are Hon, and maybe well known to many here..........Just who will be the first with the scoop?????????

Chris and Niddy ? :fart:

Jetsam
May 9th, 2007, 23:46

Chris and Niddy ? :fart:

Monty ? :clown:

Smiles
May 9th, 2007, 23:52
For all it matters to me Hedda could be the new owner ( or even the Board's pet Fool, wx40afp ) . . . so long as our reservation and agreed-upon price is still on.

Thanks jinks, for copying the reply email to the Board.

Cheers ...

jinks
May 10th, 2007, 00:03
For all it matters to me Hedda could be the new owner ( or even the Board's pet Fool, wx40afp )

Now then, let's not start a list of who would be the worst possible owner :flower: hehehe

LetMeTellyou who it might NOT be hehehe.............

May 10th, 2007, 03:35
For all it matters to me Hedda could be the new owner ( or even the Board's pet Fool, wx40afp )

Now then, let's not start a list of who would be the worst possible owner :flower: hehehe

LetMeTellyou who it might NOT be hehehe.............

Well I agree with you on that one jinks, but perhaps the name Juice may mean something to one of you. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/shrugs.gif

G.

May 10th, 2007, 04:46
Im asking if wx40afp will come in with me to be a joint team to take over. :albino: :albino: :albino: :albino:

May 10th, 2007, 08:34
Why is everyone so coy about who owns what? Are they ashamed? Trying to hide out?

("shhhh - I just bought a GAY hotel but I don't want my Mom to find out!")

May 10th, 2007, 11:21
DELETED

May 10th, 2007, 14:18
[quote="let me tell u"]Malcolm and Colin would like it to be known this is all sheer speculation from an ex neighbor who is guessing, even though I find him most amusing guy,,,,,,, as for the price they say, its for them to know and you to find out. Even though it was advertised at 40,000,000 then came down to 36,000,000 everything is negotiable, if you still want to make an offer you can. Unfortunately the area has deteriorated with noisy neighbors bringing the class of the Complex down, with there Disco music in to the late hours and shouting and screaming. I'm told.... cant imagine who that would be. :drunken:

They are still looking for a partner or complete sale, as Malcolm has to work as a Trolley Dolly and can not be in Thailand to often and did not realize how much of a commitment owning such a busy a Hotel in Thailand would be, so until the Ink is dry they will not tell, I'm told!!! in other works 'Up you'?

Contact them through info@thebondipattaya.com

Their is still time, remember the Ink is not dry yet?

Dear LMTU,

For the sake, and for once, getting the facts right instead of making stories up! [ Not LMTU, The people who write into the board]

If its speculation, why the return e mail to Jinks please stating it had been sold ???
[/b]

andrewcraig
May 10th, 2007, 15:01
Hi jinks,

Thanks for the e-mail, yes its true we have sold.

I can assure you your booking is safe along with the price .

They have assured us that they want to keep every thing the same.

M and my self will be around still so I am sure we will bump into you when you are here.

Thanks for supporting the Bondi and I am sure you will still continue to enjoy the hotel in the future.

Kind Regards

LMTU ignores the above email published only a few posts before his

Facts do not get in the way of LMTU having a cheap shot at Monty

Pathetic he has become or still is, depends on who you talk to

May 10th, 2007, 15:04
They are still looking for a partner or complete sale, as Malcolm has to work as a Trolley Dolly and can not be in Thailand to often and did not realize how much of a commitment owning such a busy a Hotel in Thailand would be, so until the Ink is dry they will not tell, I'm told!!! in other works 'Up you'?

Their is still time, remember the Ink is not dry yet?

Dear LMTU,

For the sake, and for once, getting the facts right instead of making stories up!
[ Not LMTU, The people who write into the board]

If its speculation, why the return e mail to jinks please stating it had been sold ???

That is a very good question kquill and one I look forward to seeing the answer to.

G.

May 10th, 2007, 15:07
DELETED

May 10th, 2007, 17:53
If it was a swipe at Monty, then he is out of order.

As far as I can see Montys establishment is a lot quieter than the previous owners.

A couple of times I went to see Monty at the EH at around 4pm and OTR was playing very loud dance music.

I would think the dolly trolly would actually be a bit more happier at his new next door neighbour.

Surely you are not talking about that nice Scottish gentleman John? I can't believe he would have been responsible for playing loud music. You probably go to the complex much more than me, which is hardly ever, but on the times I have enjoyed a drink in the Bondi, I can honestly say I was not aware of any loud music coming from OTR.

G.

May 11th, 2007, 01:41
I think what let me tell u is alluding to is the contract between parties is not yet signed so there is a chance for gazumping?

May 11th, 2007, 04:07
I think what let me tell u is alluding to is the contract between parties is not yet signed so there is a chance for gazumping?

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eyebrowup.gif You surprise me by this statement of yours Oogleman, I am also sure the two couples taking over the Bondi would be equally surprised if they have seen both LMTU and your posts.

From what I am led to believe, the deal has been done and agreed on by all parties. I could be wrong as I do not know the current owners of the Bondi personally, but the little I do know of them, in addition to what I have been told about them by people that do know them well, they hardly seem the type that would involve themselves in the unethical practice of gazumping. You and LMTU may disagree, but the above is my honest opinion for what it is worth and I guess we will soon see whether or not I am right.

G.

Smiles
May 11th, 2007, 07:36
" ... Malcolm and Colin would like it to be known this is all sheer speculation from an ex neighbor who is guessing, even though I find him most amusing guy,,,,,,,Contact them through info@thebondipattaya.com
Their is still time, remember the Ink is not dry yet? ... "
Well, jinks has already contacted Colin (using the email address you have put into your message) and the answer ~ directly from Colin ~ was this:

Bondi email wrote:

" ... Hi jinks,

Thanks for the e-mail, yes its true we have sold. I can assure you your booking is safe along with the price .
The new owners are very nice and are known around the gay scene in Pattaya. They have assured us that they want to keep every thing the same.

Kind Regards ... "

So, can you point to any ambiguity in that? I see none.

Cheers ...

May 11th, 2007, 21:24

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eyebrowup.gif You surprise me by this statement of yours Oogleman,

Not a statement sir - a question.

May 11th, 2007, 22:31

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eyebrowup.gif You surprise me by this statement of yours Oogleman,

Not a statement sir - a question.

As you said in your post, there is a chance for gazumping, as opposed to is there a chance for gazumping and I missed your question mark, I hope you will see how I came to misread the above quote as a statement. Thanks for clearing that up for me Oogleman, it is appreciated.

G.

bkkguy
May 12th, 2007, 01:07
perhaps the name Juice may mean something to one of you.

no, but clue 69 down in the Jomtien Times Cryptic Crossword yesterday was

Madonna recommends no preaching to Goliath's opponent so that all can be revealed (4,5)

bkkguy