PDA

View Full Version : Multi Vitamins in Pattaya

May 8th, 2007, 06:20
Can anyone tell me the best place to buy Daily Multiple Vitamins and Metamucil in Pattaya. I know you can get Daily multiple vitamins at Boots or Watson's, but is there a specialty or bulk's store where you can get them cheaper by buying larger quantity. Also Boot's or Watson's, I believe do not sell Metamucil's.

There was a thread a month or so ago talking about a shop here in Pattaya that sells Metamucil type product under a different name.

Thank you for your input.

jvt22222
May 8th, 2007, 07:11
This pharmacy ..... Sang-A-Nant ...... about half way between Second Road and Beach Road on South Pattaya Road on the south side of the street is the place to go ....... I bought a Metamucyl look-a-like there ........ MUCILIN ........ 400 g for 220 baht ...... orange flavor ....... works wonders ........ my guess is that they could also get bulk quantity of multi-vitamins for you.

May 8th, 2007, 07:50
THere is a sort of wholesale cheap place next to City Hall - Opposite Tesco Lotus on Pattaya North Road. It is big, has parking and good peices especially for large quantities. I can't remember the name. It begins with an F?

Friends bring Vitamins from the US where I gather they are very cheap these days.

Found it - Bless Google

Fascino launches a new generation health and beauty center

Ariyawat Nuamsawat

The spa and health industry is taking off like a rocket in Thailand and Pattaya has become a favorite location for high quality centers that provide clients the best in health and beauty care.

Widely known throughout Thailand, Fascino Co. Ltd. launched its 51st branch here in the city on the morning of January 22. Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn presided over the opening ceremonies during which there was a fine turnout of VIPs and members of the general public who came to convey their wishes for success.

Mayor Niran Wattanasartsathorn and Chaiyasen Pisarnwalert jointly cut the ribbon to open the new premises.

Fascino is a business center for health and medicine, medical supplies, high energy health foods and medical accessories. The company invested over 70,000,000 million baht in this latest branch which is situated on 1 rai on North Pattaya Road beside Pattaya City Hall. The company owns a chain of Facino Pharmacy Group shops which are centers for top quality health and medical supplies. This latest venture is intended to provide modern health standards for ThailandтАЩs eastern region.

The company has experience in the health business for over 17 years, and long experience in the wholesale and retail side of the industry. They sell retail supplies and deliver medicine, health and beauty products, medical equipment, and patient equipment, providing over 6,000 items.

Their management methods are of a modern medical shop and provide the highest quality of items for reasonable prices, with a staff that provides warm service and a caring touch for peopleтАЩs health.

FascinoтАЩs policy is to lift the standards of public health and their new modern pharmacy aims at preventive care as well as providing the best treatment for illnesses. They have a staff that is very qualified, and for this reason they will extend the business in standard pharmacies to service the public in all countries using the business chain method.

Small investors who have specific qualifications can be business owners of these high-standard pharmacies. These people must have good ideas for this new style of pharmacy, and an approved location for a pharmacy with an investment budget of 1.5 million baht.

The Fascino shop has a special image, depicting a combination of a medical center and pharmacy. They also have enough area for consultation and to run health tests such as blood tests, blood sugar and fat tests, hearing tests, and health information service. A refreshment corner is also available to service the customers and the center is open daily from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.

Pattaya Mail

TrongpaiExpat
May 8th, 2007, 13:43
I buy mail order at Swansons Vitamins (http://www.swansonvitamins.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10051&sourceCode=INT999)

Had them shipped to Thailand and that caused a little trouble. I had to get a doctors note saying these were needed and had to show my passport and visa to customs. The the police decided to test a few for illegal substance and after passing the test they send me the bill, 2000B.

Next time I will send to a US address and pick up there when I visit and carry back in my suitcase.

Nothing in Thailand that I have found has Swanson's variety and prices.

May 8th, 2007, 17:22
Metamucil is a brand name for a psyllium-husk product. Psyllium is called "ispaghula" in Thailand. Mucilin is probably the closest thing to Metamucil in Thailand.

Coincidentally, it was at Fascino's on Pattaya Nua that I learned what it is called here. The pharmacist did not know the term "psyllium" so went online and Google'd it and found the Thai word. They have a whole shelf of ispaghula products. I was looking for a sugar-free one, and had a choice of several.

I still cannot find just plain old psyllium/ispaghula capsules that I buy in the US. No sweeteners or additives needed, just raw bulk husks in a capsule.

May 11th, 2007, 21:36
Im a novice with vitamins.

What type of regime would you vitamins experts recommend to keep the old body perky for a month trip to LOS. How long before going would start munching them?

May 11th, 2007, 22:23
Im a novice with vitamins.

What type of regime would you vitamins experts recommend to keep the old body perky for a month trip to LOS. How long before going would start munching them?

Dear Oogleman,

Never mind all the above nonsense. Straight to the nearest chemist and order "old body perky" 14 days supply of V......iagra!

sydneyboy
May 12th, 2007, 03:39
About 20 years ago the the Australian Consumer Association did a scientific analysis of all "vitamin" preparations available in Australia which are typical of similar preparations available worldwide and the results published in their highly respected magazine "Choice". The conclusion they came to were that they were at best useless and at worst dangerous. Most of what were supposed to be vitamin C or E or whatever were just useless sugar pills. Sorry to be negative but I would be astonished if anything has changed, in any part of the world.