PDA

View Full Version : quality short term hotel rooms around Surawong

sydneyboy
May 7th, 2007, 16:59
Can regulars give an update on quality short term rooms around the Surawong bar area. I recall reading some time ago that anew establishment opened near or next door to the BB inn. Any comments on this or other venues appreciated. I have heard some are truely appalling. A friend ulilised one some time ago which he described a classic passion killer.

TrongpaiExpat
May 8th, 2007, 01:02
The terms "quality" and "short term hotel" can not be combined. I am not sure why you need to use a shot time place but if you have to I am told that BBB is basic but basically clean, no bad odors, bugs or vermin anyway. Some tell me OK, other not, Maybe not all the rooms are the same.

Just got back from Dick's. Some of the door men are desperate. They were offering me discounts on drinks, 150B from the usual 200B.

The water ball at BBB is rotating. Boys at Bonny/Bunny all look new. The Red massage boys are back in red shirts and the eraser head that yells "DREAM BOY" is still gone. In fact If I was to elect the least aggressive door man/tout award it would now go to Dream Boy Bar and the most aggressive award to Fresh Beach Boy.

There was some bald over weight farang with a British accent making more noise that all the door touts combined last night on soi Twilight. He seemed to be having a good time but so dam obnoxious.

May 9th, 2007, 03:50
A friend ulilised one some time ago which he described a classic passion killer.[/quote]

Your friend is right.

You own your friend a good dring. He is right. BBB Inn is a damp.

I am nor sure you’re aware about the Thai system of short time hotels.

There are two which are better than BBB Inn. Basic, clean, inexpensive ( between 200 and 300 TBT) but not pushy.

One is on Ngam Dupli, exactly opp. Malaysia Hotel.

The other one is near Corner Rama IV / Sathon Road. Just turn into Sathon Road and the first subsoi at your right hand side directly behind a car dealer & garage (Merc if I remember correctly). This is popular with patrons especially running in from Lumphini Park….

Both provide billboards in Thai only. Your boy should know how to handle this.

The service on both places is very discrete. For s small fee can order drinks or even food if you like. Small tip is advisable. Leave it all to your Thai companion, he can handle it much better than you can since there is not much English spoken.

Places provide fresh linen, towels, and some basic toiletries too.

thrillbill
May 9th, 2007, 17:18
(my opinion) Just don't stay at the Surawongsee Hotel which is back on a soi off from Surawong Rd. I know it has been a favorite for the long term vacationing gays in the area but I find the inexpensive rooms drenched with cigarette smoke and poor water pressure... I stayed in the new section (1600 baht) and I had told the clerk when I checked in that I would check out around 2pm that coming Sunday. When I came in at 1:30 pm (Sunday) I discovered that my room was locked... To find out, they had no "record" that I told them that I was checking out after noon. (I swear I saw the clerk type it in the computer that Friday). So I had to pay 500 baht in order to get back into my room. The lady was a real *itch and of course when I showed my anger, she disappeared. You think after staying in one of the more expensive rooms there, (which no one seems to use) they could have been more flexable. And the coffee shop isn't like it use to be...

TrongpaiExpat
May 9th, 2007, 20:22

The other one is near Corner Rama IV / Sathon Road. Just turn into Sathon Road and the first subsoi at your right hand side directly behind a car dealer & garage (Merc if I remember correctly). This is popular with patrons especially running in from Lumphini ParkтАж.

Opposite the Malaysia now is a huge construction site. I am told it's going to be a hotel. Unless you mean the AOA Hotel. That's not short time and most rent by the month there.

You got me on a short time hotel on the corner of Sathorn and Rama 4 too? On one corner is the Q-House building (another construction project next to that) and on the other corner JUSMAG (a military compound) The land on the corner of Sathorn Soi 1 and the soi that goes to Babylon was just cleared this week for some new construction project. No one seem to know what. It's next to the Danish Embassy.

Now, on the other side is Highway Car rental, a decent place for renting a car by the way. Then there's the park and on the 4th corner is Suan Lum as well as MRT exit 2 and 3.

That's the 4 corners as I know them.

Besides, I don't think he wants to come that far for a short-time hotel.

Does the Wall Street Inn have short time?

The Rose is no longer short time.

I surprised no one has said ask the boy to recommend a place. Personally, that the last thing I would do. Others may disagree.

May 11th, 2007, 16:29

The other one is near Corner Rama IV / Sathon Road. Just turn into Sathon Road and the first subsoi at your right hand side directly behind a car dealer & garage (Merc if I remember correctly). This is popular with patrons especially running in from Lumphini Park….

Opposite the Malaysia now is a huge construction site. I am told it's going to be a hotel. Unless you mean the AOA Hotel. That's not short time and most rent by the month there.

You got me on a short time hotel on the corner of Sathorn and Rama 4 too? On one corner is the Q-House building (another construction project next to that) and on the other corner JUSMAG (a military compound) The land on the corner of Sathorn Soi 1 and the soi that goes to Babylon was just cleared this week for some new construction project. No one seem to know what. It's next to the Danish Embassy.

Now, on the other side is Highway Car rental, a decent place for renting a car by the way. Then there's the park and on the 4th corner is Suan Lum as well as MRT exit 2 and 3.

That's the 4 corners as I know them.

Besides, I don't think he wants to come that far for a short-time hotel.

Does the Wall Street Inn have short time?

The Rose is no longer short time.

I surprised no one has said ask the boy to recommend a place. Personally, that the last thing I would do. Others may disagree.

Ops. I am not so much into short time - I like it "long" time, with my supervisor only. "Sort" times are over.

If I can find a large scale map about the corner area of Sathon/Rama IV including the motel, I will add it here later.

For short time the Suriwongse hotel still operates a ver rooms in car-park area. Just contact the bell boy who is outside the hotel. At first it looks a bit grotty but once inside, the rooms are still ok, spacious, mirrored, and for 350 or 400 TB per hour. Don't get bothered if staff start reminding you about your time.

The Bavana Caf├и on Suriwong Road (just opp. Soi Twilight) provides good short time rooms too. Used to be 250 TBT. I didn't uses those too often since there are quite a few "ladies" in there.

For 400 TBT you can get a clean room at the Honey House for a full day. The Honey House is at the T-Junction of Ngam Duphli and Sathon Soi 1 (Soi Nantha) near Malaysia hotel. Rooms are clean and some even come with TV!.

If you just want short sex, why don't you use a sauna like Heaven ? Take your companion there and have fun. That's the way I did it a few times. All you need is there...

May 11th, 2007, 18:23
Interesting to find an advert for the Amari Hotel Group pop up in this trail? I don't think they do short time.

I asked a boy in Tawan Bar last night "how much for short time rooms " the answer was " one near here 250 baht" The neigbours were frightened to take boys back to the Shangri-La.

sydneyboy
May 12th, 2007, 06:38
wowpow-beta

I asked this question on another thread but I will ask you directly. What is the Tawan like at the moment? What is the quality of the boys like? Are they dancing in speedos or are also forced to wear singlets?