PDA

View Full Version : bodyguard

sing_lofty_sing
February 5th, 2006, 22:03
Today i dug out some old photo albums of past holidays in Thailand ( pre-digital.). I came across 1 lot of boys and the shows of the old Bodyguard where A Bomb now stands. It took me back a good 10 years to what i think was a better time in Pattaya. I like Pattaya now but things seemed more exciting back then with places like Memories Bar, Cockpit, Ballpark and Bodyguard. Do other people look back and think the same about the places then?

February 5th, 2006, 22:16
No I dont.Personally I cant wait until they sell off alll that land in Sunee Plaza and turn it into either high rise development or a shopping centre.
It will happen,eventually.I dont find any of it exciting .I prefer Walking Street and Jennys Bar where these bitches are girls whjo wanna be guys,and guys who wanna be girls.There was a song about that but i forget the singer so dont ask me who singing it"girls who wanna be boys,boys who wanna be girls". No what do u find exciting about sitting in a bar?

February 6th, 2006, 00:10
Today i dug out some old photo albums of past holidays in Thailand ( pre-digital.). I came across 1 lot of boys and the shows of the old Bodyguard where A Bomb now stands. It took me back a good 10 years to what i think was a better time in Pattaya. I like Pattaya now but things seemed more exciting back then with places like Memories Bar, Cockpit, Ballpark and Bodyguard. Do other people look back and think the same about the places then?
Yes, mate, all the time - "the good old days" is a common misapprehension down through the ages. That doesn't make it true, however

February 6th, 2006, 02:42
Kinks - Lola Lyrics

I met her in a club down in old soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola
[lp version:
Coca-cola]
C-o-l-a cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said lola
L-o-l-a lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I?m not the world?s most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Well I?m not dumb but I can?t understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well we drank champagne and danced all night
Under electric candlelight
She picked me up and sat me on her knee
And said dear boy won?t you come home with me
Well I?m not the world?s most passionate guy
But when I looked in her eyes well I almost fell for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

I pushed her away
I walked to the door
I fell to the floor
I got down on my knees
Then I looked at her and she at me

Well that?s the way that I want it to stay
And I always want it to be that way for my lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Girls will be boys and boys will be girls
It?s a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola

Well I left home just a week before
And I?d never ever kissed a woman before
But lola smiled and took me by the hand
And said dear boy I?m gonna make you a man

Well I?m not the world?s most masculine man
But I know what I am and I?m glad I?m a man
And so is lola
Lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola
Lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola lo-lo-lo-lo lola

February 6th, 2006, 05:15
Yes thanks Xualanec,im sitting here now by the computer with a tinnie in me hand singing those lyrics to Lola.I can see my next door neighbour thru the side window pruning tree branches and he s looking at me like im a nutter.Stuff em,mate me and you need to meet at Jennys bar or the Aussie bar and do some singing.Oh Lola LOLA

sing_lofty_sing
February 6th, 2006, 07:42
Thats funny i dont think i mentioned Sunee plaza. In fact mrsidddiiiiii boy
Back in the days i was talking about most of the bars that was, were Girlie bars in that plaza. Oh except what was called then Crazy Boys

Smiles
February 6th, 2006, 08:10
" ... Oh Lola LOLA ... "
Oh dear ... if only you knew MrMacSydney, if only you knew.
LOVE inside jokes . . . !!! :cyclopsani:

Cheers ...

February 6th, 2006, 12:42
I was married in the Spring,
to prove it here's my wedding ring;
I always think of the blushing groom
whenever I see the pansies bloom.
I Lord say it can not be!...
queer things are happening to me.
We go upstairs to go to bed,
and he has a pain in the top of his head;
I get so mad I could damn near cry,
he needs a man...
and SO do I.
I Lord say it can not be!...
queer things are happening to me.

I don't know the rest because, at this point, we were always thrown out of the Dome (Gays) Pronounced, Do Me, bar for singing it.

PS:
Also listen to the words of, A Way of Love. It was an inside joke back about 1960 when first recorded; Cher's came later, and the bible thumpers never seemed to catch on--And scream to have it banned.

February 6th, 2006, 13:30
I'm eagerly awaiting the rumoured CD of Pope John Paul's speeches to be set to music by Michael Jackson. They should be real toe-tappers.

My favourite, back in the good old days was that lovely song "Relax"..although I never quite understood the lyrics,it seemed to to be a lovely chant exorting us pensioners to take life a little easier.

Of course when I was an even younger lass first growing hair I could sit on I was extremly fond of the Beverley Sisters "I'm Feeling A Little Queer Over You."

And speaking of mrsydney, isn't his national anthem "Waltzing Matilda" about some old street person poof taking off with a New Zealander's favourite sheep ?..that's what my Qantas dolly trolly friend says.

February 6th, 2006, 14:44
"the good old days" is a common misapprehension down through the ages. That doesn't make it true, however

Spoken with the kind of definitive authority that only someone who has lived through the ages can.

February 6th, 2006, 21:40
Spoken with the kind of definitive authority that only someone who has lived through the ages can.

...or as they say in Petaling Jaya meths users lah

February 6th, 2006, 22:27
Thanks for bringing back memories of this great dancing boys bar, Bodyguard. I spent many wonderful nights in this bar and later taking various boys home from it at different times. In the bar I always enjoyed the friendly attention, great boy dancing shows and the small intimate atmosphere.

bing
February 6th, 2006, 23:44
Drifting back 10 years is an easy process. Those memories, perhaps with the passing of years, seem all the more precious, because they mellow in inner part of one's brain. You mentioned Memory Bar. There were two of them I understand one was in Boystown and another was in N. Pattaya, turning right at the fountain. It was my favorite for about two years and then it closed. The DJ liked the song,, 'Broken Hearted Woman' by Jessica Jay and played it often. I heard it last October at the Tiger Zoo, when the elephants came out to play with the logs the music they entered with was 'Broken Hearted Woman' Boom, had a pleasant flash back to Memory Bar. That song sort of grew on me and here all these years later it is still the song I associate with Thailand, and also the DJ played "Can't Help Falling In Love With You" by Elvis every time I was there. Whenever I hear it, I flash back to the dancers in the center stage dancing and swaying to the melody. Ah, Yes, happy memory.