PDA

View Full Version : Helpful for Roi Et and Kalasin hopefully

May 6th, 2007, 21:06
Hi Guys,,

I know a lot of readers are looking to move around Thailand and get maximum out of their holiday and are careful on budget,so.

Yesterday I went to Roi Et to watch a personal friend and his band performing at Roongbia 101, rough translation is Beerhouse 101, located in the town centre.

PEE SA DERD, a very famous Chart topping singer was on, some may remember him from playing at Throb/Splash and the PGF Street party, a while ago.

Anyways, the entrance fee was 1000 baht for four people and that included a bottle of 100 pipers and mixers as well as a table for the concert.

I drank three large beers and we had extra mixers and three sets of different Isaarn food. Total bill 650 baht.

We stayed at Petcharat Garden Hotel nearby, www.petcharatgardenhotel.com (http://www.petcharatgardenhotel.com) The price was 640 baht for a double room including full buffet breakfast!

There are huge gardens, swimming pool, great large speciality coffee shop and restaurant.

The room was clean, tidy and suffice with Air, TV,Bath and shower.

A fantastic concert and Roi Et has a vibrant nightlife and no one is talking 1,00am or 2.00am closing!

Kalasin is one hour away, and the district of Kuchinarai where you have access to the Dinosaur parks etc nearby and rooms are 450 baht per night for a nice clean room although they do not do breakfasts.

A nearby restaurant does good clean Thai food.

Just information that may assist travelers passing through or touring Isaarn.

May 11th, 2007, 01:46
Anyone going near Roi Et should consider a visit to this place. Hugely popular with Thais and a good day out with spectacular views. Not for the infirm as there are thousands of steps to climb!

http://www.gaytingtong.com/february/wat8.jpg

More pics - details here

http://www.gaytingtong.com/topic1000.html

May 11th, 2007, 08:18
Dear Oogleman,

Thanks for the pictures. It is a great place to visit!

May 11th, 2007, 21:27
should also mention there is no entry fee and all food and drink is thai prices - extremely cheap and a huge variety.

catawampuscat
May 15th, 2007, 16:02
I never heard of Kalasin before but have heard about Roi Et. The ice cream vendor boys on Jomtien
beach all seem to come from Roi Et. Ask your next ice cream boy where he comes from and see if
it is so or just another Pattaya myth like the busload of new virgins coming tomorrow to the boy bar.

Kquill do you have any other farangs in Kalasin to socialize with? How does one spend their time in Kalasin?
Is there local talent lining up outside your door? any farang food available? just curious and if you are a
one boy man, pls. don't take offense from this butterfly... :cat:

May 16th, 2007, 13:04
Dear catawampuscat,

Bit surprised to hear that. Kalasin is a big place! There are a great deal of the barboys in Pattayaland Sois for sure from that neck of the woods.

Sure , there is trade available, plenty. Everyone wants money!! [Yippee!]

There are Foreigners up here, not a great man y where I am. I have met a couple or three from England, One building a House, the other renting who go out and meet German and Dutch guys every Tuesday, I am not really into that very much.

I have just bought another couple of Rai for Tam, [ replenishing his inheritance,what certain members of his family managed to lose, No problem, this time its in his name]

Its a lot more laid back, Money matters, but it is certainly not at the forefront of their mind. A lot more friendly and easy going and no one wants to rush to the shop and buy the latest bike/mobile phone.

I like it really! Air is better for me, Not the constant high pressure of Pattaya. Quieter and no rush to do something, but it always gets done !]

TrongpaiExpat
May 16th, 2007, 13:42
Anyways, the entrance fee was 1000 baht for four people and that included a bottle of 100 pipers and mixers as well as a table for the concert......................

I drank three large beers and we had extra mixers and............

Moderation khun Kquill, moderation. No offense intended, but what's are you working on harming next, your liver?

There are Foreigners up here, not a great man y where I am. I have met a couple or three from England, One building a House, the other renting who go out and meet German and Dutch guys every Tuesday, I am not really into that very much.

Farangs everywhere. Even in my BF's home town tucked way up in Nong Khai Provance there a story of a Swed that build a house for his Thai GF. The locals told me he ate cheese and bread every day and drank beer all day. He died after living there for less then a year. The locals concluded it was the cheese and bread that killed him, could not be the beer!

May 17th, 2007, 12:53
Trongpai,

Three beers!! I didn't drink the pipers, I've been told not to!

AND, I am doing fast walking, [ Well, I'm not gonna lie and say running ] of five miles a day. That lake is sick of the sight of me!

May 18th, 2007, 12:05
KQuill. Thanks for the info about Roi Et & Kalasin, I will look around there when I am up there again, very soon infact.
However, did you know about the Resort owned by a Manchester guy which is very gay friendly. Not far from Kalasin area in Apphur Kranuan about 60 Kilometers fron Khon Kaen, very near the border of Kalasin and Khon Kaen. Its well woeth a visit or stay over night.
If your passing ask for Howard, he's a very interestin guy, like yourself. Been in Thailand for over 20 years.
There are about 100 farang living around the area and I am thinking of settling there myself.
Enjoy Kalasin its a great place, I have had a relatinship with one from there for a while now.
Good luck with whatever you are doing.

Aunty
May 18th, 2007, 12:17
There are about 100 farang living around the area and I am thinking of settling there myself.

Why that's wonderful, darling. You'll be able to have them all over for one of your candlelight suppers. Don't forget to invite the Colonel up from Bangkok now. I'm sure he'll add just the right amount of class for one of your soirees. Failing that, he'll certainly add a lot of ass.

May 19th, 2007, 11:18
KQuill. Thanks for the info about Roi Et & Kalasin, I will look around there when I am up there again, very soon infact.
However, did you know about the Resort owned by a Manchester guy which is very gay friendly. Not far from Kalasin area in Apphur Kranuan about 60 Kilometers fron Khon Kaen, very near the border of Kalasin and Khon Kaen. Its well woeth a visit or stay over night.
If your passing ask for Howard, he's a very interestin guy, like yourself. Been in Thailand for over 20 years.
Enjoy Kalasin its a great place, I have had a relatinship with one from there for a while now.
Good luck with whatever you are doing.

Thank you for your kind words.

I don't know the resort you mention but I did look it up weeks ago on the web, It looks great and I will be paying it a visit.

My replies are short at the minute, I am in Pattaya borrowing a friends computer!

Back to Isaarn on Monday.