PDA

View Full Version : CCTV installed

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 6th, 2007, 19:39
works for me every time and the best thing is it's very discreet.

an added advantage..you can always wear it to the Spring Racing Carnival.

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t93/jono2007_2007/IS084-003.jpg

May 8th, 2007, 00:54
MMMM i think the cctv must be there to watch out for Fat Aussi poofs like you wx40afp, and warn the poor little ladyboys to get out the back door. Still who needs ladyboys when i have the REAL thing

May 8th, 2007, 18:19
Gossip in the Plaza with customers and bar owners reveal the following. The police are charging 15,000 baht through their recomended installation company to install these cameras. There is no rule about whether the cameras have to be actually turned on, or precisely where they point, or how lonf recording have to be kept. It is unsure what venues have to have them;is it just gogo bars or are simple beer bars included. All reasons for having them are actually nonsense and it is simply another means for the police to get money by enforcing vague laws.

May 8th, 2007, 20:31
it is simply another means for the police to get money by enforcing vague laws.

Well, gee. Shouldn't this be considered expected when you're running a business that is completely and 100% illegal?

May 9th, 2007, 19:40
In what sense is running a beer bar illegal?

May 9th, 2007, 23:35
There is also a new camera installed on the building opposite White Nights. The camera is aimed toward the alley that Club 69 is on. I know this is a big drug area but still the idea of cameras is a big turnoff for tourist. I'd rather see a policeman posted at the entrance to the Sunee than see the cameras.

May 10th, 2007, 06:12
In what sense is running a beer bar illegal?

You mean running a beer bar that is a front for prostitution, don't you? Would the identical operation be permitted in your country?

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 10th, 2007, 08:26
" reveal the following. The police are charging 15,000 baht through their recommended installation company to install these cameras"... so very very Thai and predictable.

Who is going to spend hours watching all this boring stuff ?...unless boygeenyus volunteers. Then he may root out some Thai criminals for us, which as a Thai citizen he must find abhorrent. Unless he's more interested in demonizing a few old farang poofs. (He'd need eyes in the back of his head though and always be on the lookout for 2 men on a motorcycle travelling very near him). :rr:

May 10th, 2007, 10:21
HI,

Anyone remember my post regards the Police on infra red cameras???

I won't say I told you so, but I did!

May 10th, 2007, 13:42
I know this is a big drug area but still the idea of cameras is a big turnoff for tourist. .

Especially for the majorty of tourists that frequent Sunee Plaza who would rather not be seen to be there.