andrewcraig
May 6th, 2007, 16:47
I am coming to Pattaya soon and want to stay at the old Montys

What is it now called.

I am told they cleared out some of the down and outs so it could be good again

TOQ
May 6th, 2007, 17:00
It is still called the same.. The new owner is named Stewart. Nice fellow

This is the new link: www.montys-guesthouse.com/ (http://www.montys-guesthouse.com/)

hope this helps,

john

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 6th, 2007, 19:29
Old Monty's B&B..just Monty's B& B !!!..still there and still called that.

the old goat known as Old Monty is still around and gradually transforming Jomtien Plaza shop by shop into a gala nightclub plaza !!!

"I am told they cleared out some of the down and outs so it could be good again"..no, we're still around.

paulg
May 7th, 2007, 07:54
Yes they have cleared out Monty, he may be old and he may down, but he's never out. :drunken:

I see the 7 rooms at Monty's are 700 baht a night now, 700 a night no night security. Lounge Bar closes at around 5p.m now, even though Monty has now gone "Over the Rainbow".

IтАЩve stayed for years at Dusit Hotel Resort, if you book double rooms no joiners fee, most of the staff are gay, its great and you can find the best boys on the baht buses, traveling around, right on the beach Fabulous deals with many agencies. 5 gay star from 4000 a night go to agencies a lot cheaper.

You also stayed at Montys for years in a small room with your boy friend. You used to run the airconditioner 24 hours a day and I was there when the argument about 4000 baht per month, just for your room's electricity, was raging
Obviously it is still unpaid.I asked Monty what rate you got for long term stay. A month at Montys was about one nights rate for Dusit.
Having watched you get up for breakfast at 5pm and lavishly praising Monty on his cooking, I resent the way you put him down. He was good for you "whilst you were waiting for the proceeds of the sale of your 5 Star Hotel in Brighton".
What did you do with that 800,000baht

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 7th, 2007, 08:22
shome mishtake surely !!! you exaggerate...

LMTU couldn't have "stayed at Montys for years in a small room with your boy friend.". as he was renting a large seaside villa outside Pattaya for a few years where he hosted many magnificent soirees..I believe he went to Monty's for a few months if memory serves me well.

I also remember the "controversy" over the extra charge for electricity as from my inquiries from other guests..not one other had received such a bill nor is it common in a hotel or B & B, rather a charge you expect when renting an apartment.

Yes-he did have a 5 star hotel but it was in Blackpool not Brighton-I stayed there for a month (God only knows why..the hotel was extremely nice but Blackpool !!).

we must not lose sight of the real facts paulg in the swirl of gossip that surrounds Pattaya.

( you are correct-LMTU did praise Monty's food to all and sundry-I thought it was absolutely ghastly )

PS: being down on ones uppers is hardly a rare thing in Pattaya nor is it a heinous crime..knowing LMTU from the past when he has been extremely wealthy and one of the most generous souls in spirit and in kind-helping many a person in need-I have no doubt anyone's claims will be eventually corrected.
However only a complete dolt makes an enemy of his debtors-you give them a reason not to pay you back and perpetually slandering a debtor can be used to "balance the books" so to speak. (Courtesy of my Jewish mother who was never wrong )

May 7th, 2007, 08:42
Dear all,

If thre is a debt, clear it. If there is a dispute, discuss it. If there is a compromise, take it.

Obe thing for sure, it will never get resolved in these columns!

May 7th, 2007, 09:06
....I was there when the argument about 4000 baht per month, just for your room's electricity, was raging
Obviously it is still unpaid.....

You mean this whole feud is about 4000 BAHT!?!?

For the love of Humanity! Someone call Judge Wapner and let's get this settled!

May 7th, 2007, 10:00
For the love of Humanity! Someone call Judge Wapner and let's get this settled!

Whoaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me no like Judge Wapner... he is an old troll, how about Judge Judy - Now she's a spicy-tell-it-like-it-is old yenta.

May 7th, 2007, 10:01
If it have a new name tell me ! " ya ", folks ! :clown:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblogs/upload/44/1076802824463e9601222f1.jpg

TOQ
May 7th, 2007, 12:05
I like the proximity of the No Smoking sign to the cigarettes and ash tray on the end table :)

May 8th, 2007, 00:26
You think a meal cooked by that is good!!!!!! I sugest next time you get the trots, youve proberly eaten at his place.

May 8th, 2007, 11:30
DELETED

catawampuscat
May 8th, 2007, 13:12
I enjoyed eating at Monty's in Jomtien Complex and the special that day, was mixed grill and it was very tasty,
excellent dessert and Monty is an unusually warm and friendly host. He throws in a show too but I like
my shows a little more erotic.
I intend to try out the new Monty's Over the Rainbow shortly.

You will notice Monty did not bring up the arrears and this is the wrong place for posters who are not
involved, to interfere in Monty's private and personal financial dealings. The debtor in this case has been
vilified over and over and it is up to Monty to deal with and resolve.
Debts like these are between the two parties and have nothing to do with gaythailand They tend to be
just mean spirited attempts by those who dislike or despise one or both of the parties involved.
I write from experience and have learned to keep my nose out of other people's business and especially one as old
and boring as this one... :cat:

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 8th, 2007, 13:37
even though I disliked the food at Monty's..plenty of others thought it great and good value. I just don't like English food..I could survive forever on Thai food.

And despite Monty being somewhat chaotic-every report from his other food outlets have been always positive..it's a matter of personal choice. :thumbright:

Come now Catawampus..don't get all coy on us now. :angel5:

Give Monty his due- as he certainly has an enterprising spirit..but never run foul of him..the whole town will be bored to tears hearing about it. :3some: