PDA

View Full Version : Major thoroughfare a disgrace to Pattaya City

May 5th, 2007, 23:38
I am a very easygoing guy but I was appalled to see that state of this major road between the school and Thapphaya Road junction last evening. For most of this year it has been a muddy quagmire with massive potholes. Yesterday it looked like somewhere in Flanders during the first world war. It water filled hole after hole with the traffic trying to negotiate with difficulty and filthy water being splashed all over the place. One could understand a blip during the heavy rains but this road has been without a surface for many months. It is almost as bad when it is dry as the traffic causes clouds of dust to rise.

Something needs doing urgently. This is a major thoroughfare in a major city. The holes need filling and a temporary surface laying even during the drain installation work. In the UK works on major roads are often worked all during the night, despite the large labour costs. Any suggestions on how to draw this to the attention of the City Fathers?

May 6th, 2007, 00:14
... Pattaya is a disgrace - which is why discerning people avoid it altogether

jinks
May 6th, 2007, 01:41
a muddy quagmire .......

It is almost as bad when it is dry as the traffic causes clouds of dust to rise.

No matter what ... you won't keep your shiny new car clean :clown:

May 6th, 2007, 07:44
... Pattaya is a disgrace - which is why discerning people avoid it altogether

... and for such a classy and discerning guy like you, you only visit other parts of Thailand for their rich culture and tradition right? :cherry:

bigben
May 6th, 2007, 11:00
Pattaya is good for two things....

Cheap sex and cheap farang food

In that order.

The minute the authorities start caring about farangs comfort, safety or road conditions will be the day it snows in Boyz town.

I am so happy I live in Bangkok, but a couple days a month in Pattaya is ok. That is all I can stand, but fun for those couple of days.

Just my opinion boys.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 6th, 2007, 14:38
""Major thoroughfare a disgrace to Pattaya City"""...????

If you're getting your new car Wowpow it's time to form a citizen's road repair actions committee !!

I couldn't agree more Homitern : "Pattaya is a disgrace - which is why discerning people avoid it altogether "

That's why we love it..you put your morals aside when entering the town..!! :blob5:

May 6th, 2007, 18:26
Wowpow,

Don't let them upset you, Good luck with the Yaris!

Put a cover on and leave it at home until the rainy season is over!

Dboy
May 8th, 2007, 17:33
Just an update...the area in question has been patched.

Dboy

May 8th, 2007, 19:01
Glad to hear about the patches. I do hope that they are serious and not just temporary sand poured into the potholes as in the past.

I was in the Honda Dealers to day finalizing purchase of my Jazz. He said they have had a lot of CRVs in that have been damaged by the potholes on Pattaya Second Road and require 3 days work each.

Work on Tapphaya Road seems to be progressing and I see the work has - at last started on Jomtien Second Road on from the Hanuman statue. I am a little bemused by the Tapphaya Road improvements. Travelling from Jomtien to Pattaya will still hit the bottleneck by the flyover through to VC Hotel. I don't see any signs of widening that - and that's essential if any improvement of traffic flow is to be achieved. Otherwise the jam will just go backwards up the hill. Looks like jam today and jam tomorrow? Am I a cynic in this - maybe.

May 13th, 2007, 08:33
The Mayor responds to complaints concerning construction work on the South Pattaya Road.

Khun Niran, the Mayor of Pattaya has received a barrage of complaints regarding ongoing construction work on the South Pattaya Road. New water drainage pipes are currently being installed along the entire stretch of the road which has led to problems with uneven road services and disruption to local businesses. The work has been ongoing for many months and local residents and business owners believe it has gone on for long enough and must now be finished off as quickly as possible. The Mayor visited the road on Wednesday Afternoon to see the problems for himself and confirmed that the work must be completed quickly and he will personally contact the contractor responsible for the work who will be told to finish the work by the end of June or face financial penalties.

Pattaya City News

May 13th, 2007, 09:36
The Mayor visited the road on Wednesday Afternoon to see the problems for himself and confirmed that the work must be completed quickly and he will personally contact the contractor responsible for the work who will be told to finish the work by the end of June or face financial penalties.No more kick-backs?

Dboy
May 13th, 2007, 11:35
At least they're actually *working* on 2nd road and not just letting it sit unfinished forever like they did on beach rd a few years ago. The drainage trench on 2nd road should really help during the rainy season.

Dboy

May 13th, 2007, 23:20
Well I drove along Second Road this afternoon in my pristine, white, new, Honda, Jazz and found the situation very much improved. It just goes to show how influential Sawatdee Gay Thailand Forum is - obviously the Mayor reads it!!