PDA

View Full Version : I meet Lazarus in Pattaya

February 5th, 2006, 18:38
Quite a few years ago now I met a Go Go boy in Pattaya and have kept in touch with him via email and I always meet up with him briefly when I'm in Pattaya. He's not a Go Go Boy anymore but is always charming and entertaining company. He never asks for money or even hints that he needs any. He doesn't tell me that he loves me or even misses me.

So I've always been intrigued that his emails are entirely different with the usual requests for money based on a catalogue of disasters usually involving his mother. His brother has also been killed at least twice in a motorcycle accident. The emails also always contain protestation of undying love and tell me how much he misses me. I have always ignored those parts of his emails

So it was particularly interesting on my most recent visit to actually meet his brother who turned out to be remarkably well considering his unfortunate past. This modern day Lazarus appeared unaware of any accidents.

My friend also admitted that he doesn't even send money to his mother and it was obvious that he had little idea what was in his emails. He just copied the latest begging letter that was doing the rounds.

I much prefer the person I actually meet in Pattaya to the "Cyber version" who writes to me and I'll continue to see him on future visits and I'll also continue to ignore his emails so I hope he never actually needs help as I just wouldn't believe it...

catawampuscat
February 5th, 2006, 23:12
Many Thais in Pattaya spend a lot of time in the internet cafes and some have long lists of email addresses accumulated over time..It would be logicial that the same email might be sent to everyone on the list and that could explain the emails... And then again, maybe not...

Davey612
February 5th, 2006, 23:43
Having been corresponding with a few young guys from less developed countries around the world, I no longer believe anything that is written. It does not matter whether it is from Thailand or the deep artic.

My motto nowadays is that I assume they are writing fiction. For instance, it seems that muggings and robberies happen to all young Peruvians at gay.com. Young Dominicans are always short of money for their university tuition. Obviously, young Thais have the normal soap stories that we all hear here. Don't really blame anyone. Poverty is always an incentive to be creative. The idea of easy money rewards after a few strokes at the keyboard is just too easy to ignore.

February 6th, 2006, 05:23
yOU KNow DAVEY its a pity you dont post more often.You have a lot of knowledge about the world and things .It would be beneficial if you could write reports on these places.Some us live in New Zealand and Australia and Tasmania ,Norfolk Island have no idea of South American countries or Latin America.I Would love to go to latin America.Why not write a report of places you have visited,i find most of your posts knowledgable.

You can put these in the resource section.