View Full Version : Check-in to check-out,you're the boss!

May 3rd, 2007, 19:24
Guys,

The thread on the go go bar has spurred me on a little bit.

I, am most certainly not short of ideas in the Hospitality Industry. However, there are vast differences in ages, Nationalities and opinions on this board.

I really am interested in knowing, from a customer point of view, What readers think is lacking and/or could be improved on in Service, Accommodation, Entertainment, anything.

What could be added to the Gay Life of Pattaya that would make it a dream holiday, bearing in mind, now you are the Boss.

What changes would you implement remembering customer service against profit margins, you are running a business, after all!

What changes/additions/improvements should be made??

Please try to be realistic remembering Pattaya prices and what can be done, let's face it, for all the whining, it is not Europe prices here!

This, if people respond positively could be a good thread, You never know someone might even do it!

We are in Y2K now, a lot of ideas operators had, maybe dated now,or are they?

May 3rd, 2007, 19:42
What changes would you implement remembering customer service against profit margins, you are running a business, after all!This isn't a simple trade-off - increasing customer service may increase turnover and therefore increase profits, if handled right. Increased customer service only decreases profits if the number of customers and the amount they spend remain the same, while the cost of the service increases

Customers mostly complain about pushy mamasans and/or boys trying to get the customer to off a boy or/and buy a drink. Changing this attitude may increase the customer satisfaction but reduce the spend; after all, it's the mamasan's job to get the customer to part with their money, preferably as much as possible. One thing that I've thought about is the length of shows. While the show is on, customers aren't spending money. Given that the "continuity" of most shows is pretty dreadful, while the waiters clean up the mess made by candle dripping etc. on the stage, maybe the shows should be broken up, and more thought given to a couple of acts, lights on, clean up, sell drinks (10 minutes max, otherwise you'll lose the customers), repeat. As to the pushy mamasans ...

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 3rd, 2007, 20:14
Thailand is great just the way it is..with all it's faults. :blob5:

All I can say is make the most of it while it lasts as nothing lasts forever ( and looking in the mirror that's certainly true about me)

I disagree W840 "I would prefer "sex shows" and i am serious on that"..nothing is more boring than those sex shows with those fake dildos stuck over their dicks and the so-called fucking in a swing rubbish..no I lie..the dreaded shower show is the pits !!!!

Leave Pattaya just as it is but ban shower shows !!! :puke:

May 3rd, 2007, 21:50
Guys,

I'm staying on this as so far we are only covering the go go bars.

We haven't really got into the rest of the thread, however, I think now, better I leave you to comment and do my best to come in and answer everyone , the best I can, and cover as much as possible, in as little posts as necessary.

It will go better I think, than hogging the board for every post, and allowing also, other opinions to flow through.

There is a purpose to this, which I'll happily disclose later. Something I forgot in the original post, where is your preferred location for the venue to be ?? Jomtien, Soi Day/ Night, Pattayaland Soi's , some other area????

May 3rd, 2007, 21:56
I would suggest a flat fee night. Charge 400- 500 baht for all the tap beer you can drink on nights that are typically slow. Many people will off more boys after a pitcher of beer. I think this would improve profits from off fees and instead of customers just buying one drink, they actually would spend more money. Yes the consumption of beer and the cost may be higher but this would be offset by volume of customers

May 3rd, 2007, 23:21
I guess it is up to the bar owners and what they can afford.

Shows definitely drag (so to speak) in the punters, but they have to be updated regularly. A common complaint from regulars is how Throb/Splash etc churns out the same routines and puts off Pattaya residents from going again and again. Even Thai friends I have taken to Throb say 'Same same show, no good'.

As well as varying the show, a 'must' is a little bit of 'sexy show'. May not be full on sex, but a flash of something to excite and titilate never did any harm.

More outside seating with aircon fans. Some bars have outside seating some don't. Panorama has it about right with wide open doors with views of the soi.

Pool bars (not swimming), I only know of Panorama in Boystown which has a pool table. This gets people coming in if prominently placed and is a way to mix with other Farang and take on the local Thai (pool) hustler.

As far as I know I don't think there is a Karaoke bar in Boystown. Do you think some of the gogo bars could switch over to karaoke bars from 1.00am when the lads have to get off the stage? Or is there room for one of the lady bars to be taken over by a gay karaoke bar?

I also think there is room for a laptop dance club in Boystown. Similar to Krazy Dragon in Sunee but perhaps actual lap dancing rather than studs stood way up above you on the glass tables.

I am not sure what can be done for Day Night Plaza, it does seem like a little bit of a ghost town. Maybe a complex approach with gogo, karaoke, pool, stage shows all under one roof? Sunee seemed (last time I went) to be holding it's own. I do like the 'street' feel of Sunee with the open air cafe's/bars.

May 3rd, 2007, 23:59
I would suggest a flat fee night. Charge 400- 500 baht for all the tap beer you can drink on nights that are typically slow. Many people will off more boys after a pitcher of beer. I think this would improve profits from off fees and instead of customers just buying one drink, they actually would spend more money. Yes the consumption of beer and the cost may be higher but this would be offset by volume of customers
I think thats a great idea. But it should be either beer or well drinks. And the punters would stay in one place. If that place was chock full of candy, a sure winner! Great idea!

May 4th, 2007, 01:26
THE BOYS

Obviously, the one way to ensure a bars success is to have a never ending supply of handsome boys of all types. It's so obvious that it must be incredibly difficult to achieve and even more so to maintain with farangs taking the boys off to be boyfriends.

All the rest is make-weight get gorgeous boys dancing in a pig pen ( or public lavatory ) and the punters will pour in. Some bars manage to achieve this short time and some over quite a period. For many years Boyz Boyz Boyz seemed to have the pick of the crop and still maintains a large number of guys. Funny Boys 2 when it opened had a stunning collection of new boys and was instantly packed. Wild West seems to have had some nice guys and innovative shows which has done the trick and packs them in. Dream Boys in Bangkok is only a shadow of what it was but still one of the best bars in the city. At it's peak every guy there could have a job modeling Versace. Future Boys Bangkok used to keep a large stable 150+ on a Saturday night they could not cram on the stage and the variety and quality was outstanding and before that Blue Star did the same.

Maybe a permanent recruiting Officer touring Isaan and the North? Maybe take care the boys better with conditions and income.

DRINK PRICES

Wild West got away with it by raising the drink prices to 150 a year or so back. The other top bars seem to have crept up to that level without doing anything. I am never quite sure what the prices are as I tend to drink Black Label and some places charge extra for that. Those places often charged less for soft drinks as well.

I do understand the operational difficulties with charging differing prices for drinks, inside/outside/show time but it is not unsurmountable. People seem to be oversensitive on the topic of drink prices. I would favour modest drink charges soft / pouring / premium with a cover charge on the first drink, maybe from 9.30 onwards. This should encourage more drinking in the bars and hopefully would at the very least break even on current trading. It would also solve the problem of people drinking outside and then wanting to bring their drink into the bar.

BAR FACILITIES

I am not sure that the gentrification of the bars is essential. The sleaze pit that was known as Twilight Bar rarely lacked for customers. What you need is not to have things that will drive the customers away after they arrive. Prime examples would be overloud music, inadequate air conditioning / air filtering making the atmosphere full of cigarette and cigar smoke ( I would ban cigars now. It looks as if the Government may ban cigarettes soon ) Strobes, lasers and spotlights in your eyes upset some.

Seating should be reasonably comfortable - I'm thinking of Crystal Bar's seats with no leg room and Jupiter 2002's stainless steel benches curved the wrong way to receive the bum.

BOYS DANCING AND SHOWS

The boys should rotate reasonably quickly - Dream Boys Bangkok does it best. There they zig zag across the "in the round" stage. The boys should be made to 'dance' in some fashion as the girls do in the girl go-go bars that I have been to. Crystal manage it - the boys snake dance and they can all do that after a fashion and they can all dance up a storm in a disco.

Shows are very individual. Many people tell me that they don't like shows and they don't like katoes lip syncing but the bars that put on the shows get more customers and the ones that put on raunchy or sex shows get busiest of all.

Has LMTU said all this before? I don't understand how places make much profit in Thailand - does Babylon.

Bob
May 4th, 2007, 04:05
What I think is missing is a totally different style of bar - a quiet, relaxing, joint more in the style of the SOHO bar in Chiangmai. I've always felt that if SOHO was by the night market bars, it would do a booming business.

First, tone down the music. Maybe the boys could be the waiters (although it'd be funny if all the hired help got offed and left you tending everything, Kevin! hehe). How about a few tables and a few sofas? How about normal lighting....maybe even some lamps!

Maybe I'm wrong but I think there's a significant contigent that are not out to off anybody but would like a nice, somewhat quiet, place to drink, ogle a bit, and maybe have a few snacks/appetizers. Currently, where the heck can friends (or falangs with their boyfriends) go to just have a few drinks and chat (while hearing each other)? I know a restaurant would qualify but one hardly goes there late at night.

Or maybe even a gay sports bar with several large-screened televisions?

I suppose either of these ideas would merit losing one's fortune...hehe.

May 4th, 2007, 04:23
A variation on the set price all you can drink idea. How about the same, say 500 set fee, you can drink all the beer or well drinks you want, you can ask any boy you want to sit with you and they get to drink also including (you still must tip them for their time, etc.). Now don't you think that would massively increase offs? I do.

May 4th, 2007, 07:15
Something I forgot in the original post, where is your preferred location for the venue to be ?? Jomtien, Soi Day/ Night, Pattayaland Soi's , some other area????Bangkok

May 4th, 2007, 08:42
Giuys,

Some good ideas coming in now, especially, regards the beers and pitchers/ good ideas and not difficult.

Also, references to seating styles, quiet bar areas, I think you mean like more of a lounge/chill out area, Nice pleasant classy lighting, where a group can sit and chill out eating snacks/tidbits [ they can easily be done complimentary, without great cost] as opposed to the officialdom of a restaurant, with a waiter hovering or rushing you for your next course!!!!!

Some very good points on the Sports theme including pool , Big screen TV's served up in a respectable environment. I , myself, remember the dirty old pool/billiard halls of Northern England and along came the classy Sports bars and wiped them out overnight.

There are areas, some of which I had thought of, some new input from you guys, which as yet, in Pattaya, are not being done. Homintern, sorry, I was not specific, but I was actually referring to Pattaya not Bangkok.

Points also taken on repetitive shows. This applies more to ex pats really, as My former premises, at least, used to have a two and a half week turnaround of different shows to cater for the average customer on holiday, however, some stuff did get repeated when customers constantly asked for it, and said they were bringing family/friends specifically to watch a number such as Barcelona or Big Dog, those bloody monkeys etc.

At times that would be a balancing act of pleasing the customer as well as rotating the shows.

Mammasans, I myself, never employed but I am WELL aware of that problem, it is a problem both in Pattaya and Bangkok. I employed two captains, who are still there today, one male from the Thai Navy and Yoe, a fluent English/french speaking Thai.

I, over time, also abolished 20 baht tip on drinks for two reasons. 1. The customer did not feel ripped off with half a glass of watery coke 2. The boys did not pester for another glass to get another 20 baht.

I ended up with another problem! I allowed the boys to drink anything they wished but with no 20 baht! Result, the odd one or two ended up thoroughly pissed with the customer! You could never accuse my boys of not joining in!!!

What about transport, Accommodation, food, location, different outings/trips???

May 4th, 2007, 09:18
Personally I'm heartily sick of go-go bars; watching boys in their knickers parade endlessly doesn't do much for me - apart from seeing which ones have disfigured themselves with tattoos ... so I take that back, keep the knickers. There's nothing worse than getting home and having a fleshy neon sign flashing at you while you're chock-a-block up a boy you took home unaware

May 4th, 2007, 10:38
It has been my experience that Thai boys would rather not go in bars with their farangs. I never saw or experienced differently. Just my two cents. boogy

Aunty
May 4th, 2007, 18:11
Like the big fat loathsome Colonel, Beryl Plonker-Dunce, aka Hovelturd, I too get sick of GOGO bars, boy bars, blah blah bars. Noisy, smokey, no privacy, pushy, too many farangs, too many women, over-priced drinks. I don't know why someone doesn't open a nice hotel where room service amounts to more than just a hamburger and fries? Quite, private, discreet, safe, what's not to like? The young attractive male staff can have two forms of duty.

As far as the gogo bars go, if I owned one, the more dick the better. Barmen, well hung and naked. Waiters, sexy undies (not those tighty whitey's, way too cliched) no those new cool coloured horizontal striped ones designed by Asians for Asians - yummy). And because at heart, we're all sleaze bags, at some stage during the night at least one boy needs to cum. More would be better.

In fact I think I might call my GOGOo bar, Plonker Beryls. Well it sure as hell's better that Beryl's Plonkers!

May 5th, 2007, 20:59
Actually i saw a cum show in Chiang Mai go go bar last year called Adams or Andrews or whatever it was.Boys stood in line and jerked and cum one by one.Must be pretty hard to do in front of a audience.
Not sure if they would allow this in Pattaya.
Why is everyone talking about seeing boys in undies? On going to Hotman Karoake in Soi Bukcow i saw boys dressed in shirt with tie which i find more sexier.

Adam's Apple in Chiang may has closed the doors quie a while ago.

GoGo is usually rather boring.

May 5th, 2007, 22:53
There seem to be a lot of unsuccessful debauchees posting. I enjoy go-go bars occasionally as do most of my friends. Gawping at gorgeous young men in skimpies and maybe a bit of a show with, sometimes, some naughty bits. Have a handsome guy come over for a chat a flirt and molestation and all for less than the price of a London cinema ticket. It's bliss.

Most of my friends here have boyfriends but most of them are allowed a bit on this side occasionally. Others like myself are butterflys (flies?) and have many boy's mobile numbers in their phones. I wonder if the boys do give the off money to the bar?

I keep telling people that we are in a golden age of gay life in Thailand. There is more and better of everything than previously. Bars, Spas, Massage Houses, Go-go Bars, Host Bars, Sleazy Bars, Smart bars, sex shows, discotheques, karaokes, Hotels and Guest houses, Pride celebrations, Parties,
restaurants and cafes -= need I go on.

May 6th, 2007, 00:29
... need I go on.No, you've gone on quite enough - and it wasn't even (recognisably) cut'n'paste

May 6th, 2007, 00:30
Just a quick note to say that the staff (Mamasans' and waiters) at Boyz, Boyz, Boyz, Throb/Splash, Panorama Bar etc, were always excellent and only pushy (in terms of nudging for a drink) if they had known you for a while or had sat and chatted on occassions and all done with a smile rather than any expectation. It was quite pleasant seeing tipsy waiters in Throb. Soi 1 had the pushiest staff, as I recall, especially in Gacuya (?), Lucky 7 (where one mamasan was asking me for his rent money and became indignant when I refused). However, Bangkok has to be the worst for this.

Accommodation in Pattaya seems to be plentiful. I have stayed at Ambiance twice and although I liked it for convenience and service, it worked out expensive (comparatively) to other hotels and guesthouses, especially for long stays in Pattaya. IтАЩd still recommend it for first timers and peeps who are staying briefly in Pattaya.

Restaurants seem to be pretty much sorted out. The small caf├й of Ambiance, the school dinners of Caf├й Royal and the other more exotic faire offered by Amor caters quite well for Boystown. The Thai street caf├йтАЩs around that area also fill a gap and cheaply. There are loads of restaurants listed in websites such as dreadned: http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/3/10/

I still think there is room for a тАШlargerтАЩ all encompassing venue. I havenтАЩt been in Wild West for five months, but the new location appeared to have not only a ground floor but with steps to at least another one or two floors. Balconies to perch on and view shows or gogo guys or just the throng would be nice (somewhere to move about inside) and if the venue was large enough, add on rooms or floors for karaoke, VIP rooms, quite areas, disco, pool etc. I still think Boystown misses out on a gay karaoke bar and donтАЩt know why a couple of the gogo bars donтАЩt either convert totally into karaoke or open up for karaoke after regular closing time. I like the pool tables at Panorama (everyday user here when I was in Pattaya) and loved the Saturday night Premier League football there, but upstairs looked ripe for conversion into a Karaoke room.

May 6th, 2007, 03:43
Looking at Pattaya specifically, the go go bar in Sunee that is full of farangs every night is Kaos. This is because of the nightly 10-00 show. The boys range from boys to ladyboys and clearly push the age laws in some cases, but being Sunee this works fine. The drinks price and mamasans are much the same as everywhere else. I suspect that this is all down to the imagination of the farang owner who must be coining it in. Over the January high season period it would be common to find no seating room at show time.
In general, older farangs (most of us) hate the loud dance music played in bars as do most of the boys judging by their wooden appearance. I would also like more comfortable lounge type chairs rather than the benches although appreciate that this is to do with available space and how to get the max number of customers in. It helps if there is some interaction between farangs and boys from where they are on stage. Just a smile would do. How about name badges as well as a number.
Drinks prices are OK set at 100-150 baht . I dont go in for the refreshments. If you assume that 100 b drink for you, 100 b drink for a boy, 100 baht tip for boy as the bear minimum, then its still good value in western price terms.
Pushy mamamsans have a diffult job balancing their responsibilities. If you are a regular customer, then you are not bothered
However, if its your first time ever in a gogo bar, then some help and advice is needed. It takes some nerve on the part of the farang to call a boy over so this process has to be helped.

May 6th, 2007, 03:52
How many people reading this board are first timers?

May 6th, 2007, 05:38
Are there any real darts boards in Pattaya gay establishments?

The plastic dart machine in the Bondi is very popular with the boys.

Would be great fun to get them into real darts and have a league of some sort going.

May 6th, 2007, 10:08
I think there are 2 good areas in Pattaya. IF Sunee Plaza conitnues to upgrade its infrastructure (Don Plaza seems to be an improvement) and could close some of its streets to traffic making it sort of a New Orleans French Quarter (Walking street) it could be worthwhile. The biggest problem is lack of parking. Even Wowpow has a car now. It also has many hotels surrounding it for tourists.

Jomtien seems to be a bigger risk. It is being overbuilt and does not have enough venues.

I am surprised that the old Monty's Pool Bar site hasn't been filled in and a new building built on the site. It could be built with a hotel above and a great club below. The key would be how to promote that club and what kind it would be. If it would be a lounge type. I would like to see 2 enclosed areas; a non smoking and a different smoking side. Different nights, like Sunday a flat fee drink night, Tuesday a karaoke (sing along) night, Thursday pizza and beer...you get the idea. Would it be cost effective to run a trolley from Boystown area to the club? Maybe every 20 minutes

Boxer
May 6th, 2007, 11:13
With the passing of Hollywood how about getting the old Lecs place buzzing in Day Night Soi as a Disco. Maya on Walking street does well late on so why not a variation on a theme but gay. Call it same as London G.A.Y. Early on one thing mid night another late on Disco but bring in the latest ideas on cage dancers themes and occasional guest shows maybe from other bars / cities? I know Pattaya city will not let you dance but....! I remember many years ago the Garage theme disco in Vancouver was just great for nooks and sex cruising spots in the main disco place. They had a show but you could cruise if you did not wannna see it. What about sauna disco?
Make solo Thai boy drinks low price to get them interested and the Farangs will follow, imagine all the Beach boys in one place as they used to be in BBB every night. How about low season prices to attract residents and visitors no one will object to high season increases. 50 baht a drink nights, buy two get one free nights, special bottle drink offers well advertised, all you can drink nights? Change the routine as it just gets boring same same everynight. What ever you do multi level with viewing points is the way forward so people can wander round (a circle route is best) to see what is going on not be set in one place or seat, but always having a good view of most of the room if possible, nothing so boring as seeing a guy you like and you are stuck in a seat with other farangs around you cramping your style. Successful balconies at DJ/Freeman and 3 floors so stand with choice seating?? Go Cruising! Go go boys all around you dancing not in one area, so you go up close to them for chat/groupe as they dance as you wander.
Above all two/three good host Managers who care about customers and are actively there most of the time and known to all and in turn they know their customers for a word of welcome as you come or go. The personal touch is paramount.

May 6th, 2007, 13:10
The personal touch is paramount.
Isn't that what we're all here for? :tongue:

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 6th, 2007, 14:45
all good suggestions there !!! :salute:

what would it take to get you to visit Pattaya Homitern ? :dontknow::dontknow:

Alan-old
May 6th, 2007, 15:16
How about no charge for taking off boy? Assuming that it would result in boys getting taken off more, maybe they could kick back a fee to the bar (100 baht?). I'm going on the assumption that they would make more income by this method. Hopefully, this would result in the bar having more customers and selling more drinks. Just a thought.
Or maybe, buy three drinks, get free bar fine. I think that one's been tried before.

May 6th, 2007, 17:19
Hi guys,

Doing my best to cover as many points as possible in one post, So I apologize if I miss anything. I am also trying to put the bar owners point across even though now I am not one,.

Free offs is a non starter, budgets do not allow it, You have one way to control the boys and that is salaries, otherwise, they are all doing as they please and also, free off means no salary, so why go to work?

Regardless, the salary is small, they WANT it and that is the only possible hold you have. Also,if you paid a salary regardless of how many offs eg Zero, then every layabout in Pattaya would be rolling up every day, just because they did not want a job and could pool the salaries with three four friends, pay the rent and still go out and get up to mischief FREE.

Three drinks by the odd punter does not make the figures fit and you may as well run a beer bar with Waiters and no offs.

Karaoke bars, Can be good and enjoyed by Thais [especially ] and Foreigners. These bars are subject to the same laws as go go bars with the same closing times, any open after are open illegally, so you cannot close and change, especially in high profile areas such as Boyztown and the Pattayaland soi's.

The idea of an all encompassing venue is good in theory, but then you always get customers who wish to move around and don't want to spend all their time or money in one venue. However, the person who sent that message, a number of their points could be adapted to certainly make a wide appealing classy venture.

Kaos bar, as a number of you have mentioned, is widely known to law enforcement and is way illegal, as most of you will know, enjoy it while it lasts, the owner has been subjected to penalties and fines on a number of occasions!

Therefore, it could not be a long term proposition.I have no comment or criticism either way except for the fact, it will come to an end.

Happy hours and cheap drinks, all been done before!!

A different loyalty type card etc might be an idea offering and giving something back, an ex pats card could be another idea.

Specialty nights can work, Steak Nights, Wine a pasta nights, Sunday all day buffets etc. That can be good for business both for customer and owner, lesser margins, higher turnover.

Between the members views now, it is starting to form a picture.

Real Darts!! are you sure!! I go along with Sports and TVs but the last thing I want is a drunken Thai, who has had an argument with a two week farang boyfriend with three or six darts in his hand.

Only problem with the poster on Lek's old bar is it was on the market as a lease not a freehold. That would be a sticking point with a good operator.

Transport to and from,that's easy enough to do to a venue.

I'll start to collate these points and see if I can arrive at something that might please 70/80%.

May 6th, 2007, 17:52
Yes,

Some work freelance only, for no salary.[usually those that work daytime or with another job] but if they don't follow house rules, of which there are many, eg No drugs, Bring ID cards all the time, copies of proof of where they come from and who they are, No stealing etc etc etc then they cannot work.

Waiters, doormen, showboys, DJs etc are all salary paid

If they don't get the minimum offs, they are in the wrong job or bar!

May 6th, 2007, 19:56
How about no charge for taking off boy? ... Or maybe, buy three drinks, get free bar fine. I think that one's been tried before."Buy one, get one free"? On slower nights, discount the bar fine for offing multiple boys

May 6th, 2007, 20:04
[quote="homintern"Buy one, get one free"? On slower nights, discount the bar fine for offing multiple boys[/quote]

That could be done, for sure.

May 7th, 2007, 00:43
Do what the Dutch used to do ( maybe some still do)

BEER CARDS!

You buy a sheet of ten and theres a Free drink stub attached. Once you use your free drink stud your name goes on it and its entered in a grand weekly draw for an isaan fish basket or whatever.

benefitsTo you - as you have prepaid for 10(11) beers you get a discount

benefits to bar - return trade and lost tickets - also unused tickets being given to boys as tips which they can drink or cash in for half the value etc.

the beer cards have perforations which allow 1 drink ticket to be easily removed each time.

May 7th, 2007, 01:25
If there was a bar with no boys attached per se, maybe you could award Frequent Punter points for the number of customers the boys brought in with them, based on the customer's spend. Each month the boy with the highest points would win a prize (a month of English lessons, perhaps?)

May 7th, 2007, 06:20
Alan, Oogleman and homintern,

Yeah, as I said the three of you made good points what would and could be used in the form of a Loyalty card, which could encompass Alan and Oogleman's wishes.

Homintern's idea is great, as you have then, if provided the doormen don't go over the top and annoy people, given incentive for the staff to work better and get a benefit out of it.

You must have seen how mad the go for these deals of stickers and bonus points in department stores etc.

Kevin.

May 7th, 2007, 06:25
Homintern's idea is great, as you have then, if provided the doormen don't go over the top and annoy people, given incentive for the staff to work better and get a benefit out of it.I wasn't talking about the doormen. I was talking about freelance boys, or whatever, bring punters to a bar (not a go-go bar) for drinks or food or whatever, probably during the day - late afternoon - early evening. The times when bars are traditionally slow, and tourists seem to have time on their hands but don't know where to go

May 7th, 2007, 06:31
Still a good idea,

Enjoy it, you don't offer many! The freelancers as well, they are more inclined to feel a ' affiliation' to somewhere when there is a benefit.

Kevin.

May 7th, 2007, 11:29
Still a good idea, Enjoy it, you don't offer many!Enjoy it, you won't get any more!

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2007, 13:20
Guys,

The thread on the go go bar has spurred me on a little bit.

I, am most certainly not short of ideas in the Hospitality Industry. However, there are vast differences in ages, Nationalities and opinions on this board.

I really am interested in knowing, from a customer point of view, What readers think is lacking and/or could be improved on in Service, Accommodation, Entertainment, anything.

What could be added to the Gay Life of Pattaya that would make it a dream holiday, bearing in mind, now you are the Boss.

What changes would you implement remembering customer service against profit margins, you are running a business, after all!

What changes/additions/improvements should be made??

Please try to be realistic remembering Pattaya prices and what can be done, let's face it, for all the whining, it is not Europe prices here!

This, if people respond positively could be a good thread, You never know someone might even do it!

We are in Y2K now, a lot of ideas operators had, maybe dated now,or are they?

I own a restaurant and have for some time thought about doing something different to what is available in Pattaya.
So was most interested to look at Wildwestboys to see how far down the same track as I planned they had gone.
WWB was cabaret, gogo and muscle marys. Nothing like what I m considering.

I thought wild west cabaret was the direction WWB were going but the last 4 nights my trip, the cowboy act was not even included

There are a number of franchises in OZ with a western [wild west USA] theme, saw dust or peanut shells on the floor, cafe type meals, bar men and waiters dressed as cowboys and a floorshow of cowboy line dancing

I tried to find a video clip to illustrate the dancing I had in mind. All I could find was the car wash number from the Dukes of Hazard and that was brief. I keep remembering the bars in Amsterdam where all the waiters were singers. I have in mind a western restaurant where all the bar and wait staff are line dancers

Cowboy hat,shirt, leather chaps with just to be naughty nothing underneath Variety of show would not be needed as
it would be a dinner event , gay and slightly risque without nudity [ well early in the night] and designed for the tourist market with all staff offable after the second show.

I would not have a stage but a dance floor in the middle. the boys would be encouraged to select members of the audience to dance with them at the end of each show. I also liked the idea of boys being available for patrons to dance with as in straight venues, with the punter paying say 50 or 100 baht tip

Each patron to get a lucky number and a spin to select half price offs after 12PM

Dont have the time to consider this year and am happy if the idea has some appeal to a member this board

I would like an invite to opening night , ppllleeeaaassseee.

I have been looking at Jomtien complex each time I have visited, because of the rent level and lack of obvious sex venues. There was a large area at the end of soi monty, next to Enchanted Hut and round the corner unopened, a ground floor location.

You asked for something different and not available in Pattaya. There may be a similar bar. I would not know, but I have never heard of one

May 7th, 2007, 15:09
I think you might make more money from theme delivered steak than later. Good luck if you go through with it.

May 7th, 2007, 17:31
I hope that this is inspirational and I forgive you for calling my lovely muscle men at Wild West/ Crystal, muscle marys.

http://www.iaglcwdc.org/clubs.php The International Association of Gay/Lesbian Country Western Dance Clubs

I was in search of Kickers Country Western Dance Club in San Diego but the website leads to http://www.urbanmos.com/ which looks like Hamburger Mary's reincarnation but no mention of Kickers.

Oh! I see Hamburger Mary;s is still going in Washington DC! http://www.hamburgermarys.net/dc/ Queen Elizabeth is there now. I wonder if she would be interested. She has been off of hamburgers since they tried to popularize her by going to a McDonald's Drive through - the huge limo got stuck and she had to change vehicles.

lonelywombat
May 7th, 2007, 20:10
Dont be too hard on me wow pow after all it was me that drew your attention to *77 at WWB before Crystal opened You sat in front of me the opening night and seemed very appreciative of him .

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 10652.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/any-go-go-boys-worth-a-10-10-on-pattaya-t10652.html)

Thanks for your support of the idea. we were asked for something new and different.

Just so the knockers can have a field day.

lonelywombat
May 8th, 2007, 06:19
hey lonelywombat i suppose its always lucky to choose the same bar boy number as your age !

You flatter me Actually it was your waist size