PDA

View Full Version : PERFECT SOLUTIONS (1): sockless nights out ...

Smiles
May 3rd, 2007, 08:08
You will all of course remember the innumerable threads on this and other Boards regarding wearing sandals with or without socks.

Leaving aside that it goes without saying that you will wear whatever you damn well please whether it's to the beach or out to Some Nice Place in the evening . . . the fact is that consciously choosing to slip on sandals without socks (and, horrors! combining them with shorts) is not a particularly well-thought-out idea of proper attire at most civilized evening venues. Your Thai boyfriend will be silently appalled, and you will not manage to appear even slightly sophisticated, either to him, or to your fellow diners, dancers, boozers, or GoGo bar droolers.

I have just recently purchased ~ wearing them now in fact ~ what I consider to be the perfect solution for everyone: a sandal-like hybrid which looks quite a lot more shoe-ish than sandals ... yet still flashes the requisite amount of "yes-dude-I'm-in-the-tropics" foot flesh ... still leaves things light-of-foot ... and ~ best of all ~ screams out to be worn sock less.

I challenge any maitre-de, any reasonable mamasan, any pretentious millionaire dinner guest, to fault you for choosing these sweet puppies (either to your face, or behind your back to other friends after dinner). A nice pair of Josef Seibel Bensons: in a tanny butternut leather colour, as comfy as curling up with your Thai lover after a late-nighter at Maya, as perfect at a tropical soiree (co-hosted by LMTU & his Vagina) as one can conceive, as reasonably priced as it's possible to be for Something You Love . . . i.e. $155.00 (Can).

Please rush out and grab a pair ... or order them over the net. They are 100% perfect for nights out in Thailand

http://www.photodump.com/direct/sawatdee/saeibels1.jpg

PS ... I surely hope Khun Piston hears tell of this thread.

Cheers ...

Bob
May 3rd, 2007, 08:15
Quite the snappy sandals...er,shoes...er,sandals there, Khun Smiles. But a bit overpriced at $155.00 (unless that's in 1945 Canadian dollars...).

Unfortunately, for most wearers, the sandals wouldn't be noticed with the stained and extended (due to beer gut) tee shirt, rainbow-colored bermuda shorts, and knee high black socks. God, I can see it now.... :cyclopsani:

May 3rd, 2007, 08:22
Unfortunately, for most wearers, the sandals wouldn't be noticed with the stained and extended (due to beer gut) tee shirt, rainbow-colored bermuda shorts, and knee high black socks. God, I can see it nowYou looked in the mirror?

Smiles
May 3rd, 2007, 08:46
" ... Quite the snappy sandals...er,shoes...er,sandals there ... "
'Shodals'.

Bob
May 3rd, 2007, 08:58
You know, Smiles, those sandals (shodals) would look even snappier if worn by the guy with the tighty whities in your avatar. I might not notice the sandals then but who'd care?

P.S. If avatars received awards here, yours would be at the top of my list.

gearguy
May 3rd, 2007, 09:44
http://www.crocs.com/home.jsp

I won't wear if I was heading off to Bruno's but for the beach and afternoon cocktails at Bamboo...

catawampuscat
May 3rd, 2007, 10:23
1- Leather shoes would be destroyed in the current monsoon season, we are experiencing. Third day in a row of rain rain rain.
Also Songran would not be the time for leather footwear. Forget about suede, dudes.

2- Thanks for changing the gun to the head avatar. New one is such a vast improvement, I'll give you 2 free tips..
First don't ever think about lmtu and vaginas again and second try Xray as it is the new Maya (after hours gay club)..
you are welcome.......... :cat:

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 3rd, 2007, 20:44
an excellent choice of footwear.

I've noticed that the great controversy over the "sandals with socks" has been completely ignored in Pattaya and that's a good thing..

someone grabbed this sneak shot of Catawampus and LMTU burying the hatchet at the Corner Bar recently and you can see one has and one hasn't ( socks I mean)

not sure who is who though..
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t93/jono2007_2007/us.jpg

Smiles
May 4th, 2007, 10:42
" ... But a bit overpriced at $155.00 (unless that's in 1945 Canadian dollars...)... "
Overpriced!!?? Bob you are a serious sticky shit!
Thems are sweet butter leather, made by an historical German family with a vibrant Nazi past (now living ~ and cobbling ~ in Kosovo or Bulgaria, or some other bombed out godforsaken Balkan backwater) :blackeye: :blackeye: :blackeye:

Does your poor boyfriend know you have no taste?

Cheers ...

May 4th, 2007, 11:35
I've been told by my thai friends in no uncertain terms that wearing shorts and any kind of sandals or shoes after dark is not acceptable in Bangkok. Long pants only, no matter the weather. To do otherwise, is to identify yourself as a loud, tastless farang on holiday that doesn't respect thai ways. You can get away with it in Pattaya because it's considered a "beach resort town", but long pants are still considered more proper even there after dark.

May 5th, 2007, 02:47
I have seen those shoe somewere.

May 5th, 2007, 03:02
Somewhere.

TrongpaiExpat
May 5th, 2007, 13:39
You do know that when the tropical sun hit those gaps in that shoe or whatever you call it, you will have zebra stripes on your pale Canadian foot(s)?