PDA

View Full Version : Lord Browne resigns as Chair of BP following "white lie

May 3rd, 2007, 01:56
I'm surprised nobody has started a thread on this already.

I'd be interested in the view from the Jomtien chair.

My own view is that it is terribly sad - yes, I know he can afford to lose ┬г15 million - but an ignominious end to a glorious career. In my youth, I knew a number of BP "novitiates" round London and had the distinct impression that it was a "don't ask; don't tell" outfit. One has to wonder whether with the last brick of our equality having been plastered in, here in the UK, in the face of devious opposition from Bishops both Catholic and Anglican, if this is the price. As you are now "equal" before the law, the odd "white lie", that might have been understandable in the past, can no longer be condoned.

May 3rd, 2007, 11:04
I tried to search for a picture of his lover without any success. He must be a stunner.

I would sincerely like to extend an invitation to Lord Browne to come down to Jomtien and check the place out for his retirement.
Here, "don't ask; don't tell" certainly fits in.

Sen Yai
May 3rd, 2007, 13:47
I tried to search for a picture of his lover without any success. He must be a stunner.

Yes, I guess so.....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/SenYai/Chev.jpg

May 16th, 2007, 17:35
I'm surprised nobody has started a thread on this already.

You would be. The rest of us are not pretentious fucks who aspire beyond our station.

May 17th, 2007, 08:37
The rest of us are not pretentious fucks who aspire beyond our station.That's a rather sweeping statement. I can't count the number of PMs I got from honourable members once I mentioned I'd spent a few days with Brenda and Keith

May 17th, 2007, 20:07
The rest of us are not pretentious fucks who aspire beyond our station.That's a rather sweeping statement. I can't count the number of PMs I got from honourable members once I mentioned I'd spent a few days with Brenda and Keith

homi, dear, I'd be hardpressed to find one honourable member in this crowd. All those PMs must have come from NorthStar and his various handles. On second thought, make that "pretentious fucks with delusions beyond their station."

PS Did you run into Brenda & Keith in America? ;)

May 18th, 2007, 07:32
Did you run into Brenda & Keith in America?One does have some standards. Besides Brenda will get quite enough commiserations now she's home