PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle purchase

thanatorn-old
May 2nd, 2007, 14:51
I am wanting to purchase a new motorcycle - not too big about 125cc for runaround purposes for a friend - I don't want second hand as I want warranty and service etc that goes with it - I know there are loads of places in Pattaya ( or is Bkk better?), but any particular recommendations or pitfalls to look out for?

I would also like to ask about insurances.

Any ball park figures for the bike and insurance that i can work around before I get out there would be appreciated.

If anyone has a website address I could go onto, that would be great -

Thanks in advance guys.

May 2nd, 2007, 14:59
I just purchased a Honda Air Blade from a major dealer here, and I'm very pleased. At 55,000 Baht, it's not cheap, but it has lots of power for us farangs. I also paid an additional 2,500 Baht for insurance. The dealer took care of all the paperwork -- insurance, registration, license plate, etc. -- and their service has been excellent.

Boxer
May 2nd, 2007, 15:25
Most of the bigger shops do everything for you and prices are set so no point in shopping around i found. Manufaturers Insurance approx 2400 baht for 2 years is only for stolen bike remember, but well worth having, not Insurance to drive like in west. Make sure the driver has medical cover for accident which includes bike driving as many policies exclude that danger. You can also get third party insurance cover for the named driver with Bail Bond included approx 2500 baht p.a.. Also get him a Thai Driving Licence, I made it a condition on the Bf no drive until he passes test, lots of off road places to practise first. Lots to read before they take test, which is 2 hrs lecture and then choice question written paper and driving round the test course up by Regent School. Another condition HE has to wear a HAT at all times.
35-50000 baht for Honda motorbike scooter or 40-80000 baht for motorbikes like Phantom or JRD 150cc like a motorbike.
If bought in his name on HP high interest rate but low deposit 900 baht i saw recently and low cost p m.

May 2nd, 2007, 15:56
Hi,

Boxer or anyone that watches the local channels of Pattaya may help be able to help.

I think it was PMTV, A guy on third road with a dealership offering brand spanking new bikes at 19,999 baht, [ from Japan but I believe produced locally with Japanese engines]and I'm not pulling your plonker!

Someoneone else, ex-pat must have seen it as well. I've been gone a bit, so I don't know if it is still advertised.

May 2nd, 2007, 16:16
Hi, Someoneone else, ex-pat must have seen it as well. I've been gone a bit, so I don't know if it is still advertised.[/b]

Yes K, it is still being advertised in the Pattaya People. They are stating that they only have 50 for sale and are advising potential buyers to be fast. The bikes also carry a three year warranty.

The dealers name is Platinum Motorbikes and they are on Third Road opposite X-Zyte. Their telephone number is: 03841-0693 or 09-7941-2557. The add says to ask for Bobby. Hope that helps.

G.