THE KRAZY DRAGON
HANDSOME BOY CONTEST
FRIDAY 19TH MAY 2007 9 P.M

1st PRIZE 8.000 Baht
2nd Prize 4.000 Baht
3rd Prize 3.000 baht
4th Prize 2.000 Baht
5th Prize 1.000 Baht

Judged by 3 independent Judges on the night.

MOST POPULAR
1ST Prize 8.000 Baht
2ND Prize 2.000 Baht

The winners of the most popular boys will be the two contestants who received the most flowers

Entry fee for the night is 200 Baht with your first drink free.

All Drinks All Night 100 BAHT

THE KRAZY DRAGON
MR. KRAZY DRAGON CONTEST
FRIDAY 19TH MAY 2007. 9 P.M

1ST Prize 8.000 Baht & Trophy & Sash
2nd Prize 4.000 Baht & Trophy
3rd Prize 3.000 Baht & Trophy
4TH Prize 2.000 Baht & Trophy
5th Prize 1.000 Baht & Trophy

MOST POPULAR
1ST Prize 8.000 Baht & Trophy & Sash
2ND Prize 2.000 Baht & Trophy

The winners of the most popular boys will be the two contestants who received the most flowers.

Rules for the Contest:
тАв Contestants have to be 18 year or older
тАв 500 Baht entry fee PER CONTESTANT
тАв No MAKE UPтАЩS
тАв CONTESTANTS HAVE TO WEAR CASUAL CLOTH, SEXY SWIM SUITE OR UNDERWEAR
тАв CONTEST START 10:00 P.M.
тАв Bangkok or outer Country Contestants or Visitors can stay at the Marina Inn Plaza Hotel for 350 Baht this night

We welcome your Sponsorship!!!

Krazy Dragon, 273/66-68 Soi Yensabai, Pratamnak Road, South Pattaya, Banglamung, Chonburi 20260, Website: http://www.krazy-dragon.com Email: krazydragonbar@yahoo.com

Marina Inn Plaza Hotel @ Service Apartment, 273/13-15 Soi Yensabai, Pratamnak Road, South Pattaya, Banglamung, Chonburi 20260, For Reservation call 038 - 429 232, Website: http://www.marinainnplaza.com, Email: marinainnplazareservation@yahoo.com

May 1st, 2007, 14:25
Dear Khun Adul,

'We welcome your sponsorship?? '

I don't fully get that.

When We do/did these kind of events and sought sponsors it was so that the greatest amount possible was handed over to PGF,Thais for Life, Heartt 2000 without deductions for prize monies including percentages of bar takings , hence, door charges

I see no charities advertised or highlighted but there is an entry fee? are any of these going to support any worthy cause?

Am I mistaken???,

if so , I apologise in advance!! or is it the same old,same old who will be relied on again to raise funds and the same old,same old who will give!

Just a question for clarity. :idea:

Other guys who run establishments have told me the problems they are facing trying to raise funds as it was for me, always asking the same people. I fully understand them getting 'cheesed off' being requested all the time.

Although, it is not a right or demand for anyone to hand over their takings, it is a nice gesture that relieves some of the pressure on the ' Old faithfuls ' and sees the community working together and helping as a whole.

May 1st, 2007, 15:00
We welcome your sponsorship.

I imagine that that means you could have the
KQuill 2nd Prize 4.000 Baht & Trophy probably for 4000 baht. It looks as if the owners are putting up 28,000 baht in prize money themselves and that with the publicity, organization, trophies, sashes ( my advice is don't cover up gorgeous bodies with sashes give them a medal ) etc. If it pisses down with rain they could catch a cold.

This seems like a solely commercial venture as are many of these events. I see nothing wrong with that and you can pay your 200 baht, enjoy the free drinks and the competition. The 500 baht fee to enter the competition seems a huge amount and I don't see the reason for an entrance fee - for this or for a Charity event?

For those wishing to buy flowers for handsome boys I say "they would much prefer that cash".

There are a few superstar Bangkok guys who seem semi-professional handsome man competitors. I wonder if they will turn out?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/TawanMrValentine2007_5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/IMG_2764.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v27/wowpow/FestivalBPFPinkinthePark2005.jpg

May 1st, 2007, 15:30
The contest is not charity event, charity for what? If we do a charity event, we will promote that in a different way. It is a fun event! The contest will cost us around 50.000 Baht. So why no entry fee including 1 drink. The contestent fee from about 500 Baht is very normal since years and is not your concern. By the way, we dont like charity happenings and we are not a church or a temple. Drinks for 100 Baht are very reasonable, where you find that, please tell me! I will be exited. Charity events are business events covering money making in the Bar business.

May 1st, 2007, 16:37
Was at your last event. The winner was already decided by yourselves. I spoke with one of the judges and he said he was told who to pick as the winner.

Was thinking of entering a boy. Will this be the case again or will there be a chance for others to win?

May 1st, 2007, 17:20
KrazyDragon - now you know why no bar owner lasts long on this or any Gay Thai forum.

May 1st, 2007, 17:58
The contest is not charity event, charity for what? If we do a charity event, we will promote that in a different way. It is a fun event! The contest will cost us around 50.000 Baht. So why no entry fee including 1 drink. The contestent fee from about 500 Baht is very normal since years and is not your concern. By the way, we dont like charity happenings and we are not a church or a temple. Drinks for 100 Baht are very reasonable, where you find that, please tell me! I will be exited. Charity events are business events covering money making in the Bar business.

Hi Krazydragon,

1. OK, Not a charity event. "If you can't help 100 people, just help 1." That's fine.

2."IF we do a charity event, we will promote that in a different way" Well, obviously you won't, as you state, " we don't like charity happenings and we are not a church or a temple"

3."It is a fun event!' With the venom generated in your post, I hope you've calmed down a tad when it gets to the night!

4 .500 baht entry, I never asked the question, BUT "Up to You"
"not your concern ' Well, it is actually the person who posted the responses' concern/interest as you posted on a public forum.It's also known as Q & A.

5.The contest WON'T cost you 50,000 baht, because as you are not giving it to charity, all Roses sales, door admissions, and increased turnover will go to off set your costs!

6' I will be exited??? Where to??? if you mean excited, Why would you be??

7."Charity events are business events covering money making in the Bar business" I completely do not understand this statement??? Yes, I am confused!

8.Your point about drinks at 100 baht is fine and value for money, if you are saying 100 for the first drink and 100 to watch the event.

Am I on the right track please??? :salute: I'll leave it at that. Good luck with the event.

May 1st, 2007, 18:13
By the way, we dont like charity happenings and we are not a church or a temple.
Good heavens, I hope you don't mean that the way it sounds! I guess you don't believe "charity begins at home" either, huh?

Charity events are business events covering money making in the Bar business.
Like Kevin, I'm not quite sure what that means, but it almost sounds like you consider charity events to be purely mercenary?

Marsha-old
May 1st, 2007, 19:14
After the comments of Krazydragon himself and what i have heard and read.

I think its best if we all stay away from this event. The guy has no morals what so ever?

May 1st, 2007, 19:32
KrazyDragon - now you know why no bar owner lasts long on this or any Gay Thai forum.Presumably that will be the reason he is "exited"

May 1st, 2007, 20:00
Where is my lawn mower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 1st, 2007, 20:03
I would visit the event. Agree with crazydragon--it is a bar and not a church. For me one of the best bars in sunee. This board with all screaming drama queens doesnt decide about the quality of bars or the moral of persons.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 1st, 2007, 20:11
I know what you mean Sin City Queen...looking at those pictures has me feeling like entering a boy as well !! :angel4:

Good on ya krazydragon..you are one of Pattaya's fab people !! :salute:

Geezer
May 1st, 2007, 20:25
I have seen way too much silicone and oil to get excited by a photo like that.

Smiles
May 2nd, 2007, 00:08
Much ado about nothing probably.

Re-reading the original post I think (could be wrong) that this sentence caused Kevin's query: " ... We welcome your Sponsorship ... ".

Perhaps english is Khun Adul second language and he really meant to say something like this: " ... We welcome your patronage ... "

If that is the case then simply a wrong word in the wrong place. Also (if it's the case) a thank you to Khun Adul for posting his message, as I would think the event would be of interest to lots of folks here. Perhaps ... even a gentle apology for mis-reading the intent (if that's the case).

Cheers ...

May 2nd, 2007, 03:23
I dn't really understand the need to slag everything off all the time.
Actually the important thing in this instance is that somebody takes some nice pics for far away people like myself to ogle the day after the contest.
Perhaps someone will oblige.....please?......pretty please???

May 2nd, 2007, 04:15
I would visit the event. Agree with crazydragon--it is a bar and not a church. For me one of the best bars in sunee. This board with all screaming drama queens doesnt decide about the quality of bars or the moral of persons. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Re-reading the original post I think (could be wrong) that this sentence caused Kevin's query: " ... We welcome your Sponsorship ... ". Cheers ...

That's exactly what I believe he meant to say too Smiles.

Choc Dee Guys,

G.

May 2nd, 2007, 10:18
DELETED

May 2nd, 2007, 10:49
OK OK,

But do I have to really mean I am sorry???

I did say at the start of the post, that I didn't get it / the point, about Sponsorship, [ although you good natured people have given him a way out now, for sure! Should employ you as my lawyers!]

He didn't explain it further, he just went into a , what I considered a, "RANT". I might be wrong, but this did not sound like Khun Adul, but, having personal knowledge of his opinions and being in his direct company on many occasions, it DID sound like Peter's opinion, to which I have been subjected to on many occasions, on Thais/ Pattaya/Police/charities etc.

Am I right Peter!

There may have been confusion if the use of English was a second language, but there was no confusion as to his meaning of the second post, which was basically, NO, F--K the charities, I'm doing it for me! and anyone that doesn't like it can Go and do one!

Sounds about right, I think??

Anyway, who are the judges independently judging the contest??? ........................................ ONLY JOKING!

May 2nd, 2007, 11:21
OK OK,

But do I have to really mean I am sorry???

I did say at the start of the post, that I didn't get it / the point, about Sponsorship, [ although you good natured people have given him a way out now, for sure! Should employ you as my lawyers!]

He didn't explain it further, he just went into a , what I considered a, "RANT". I might be wrong, but this did not sound like Khun Adul, but, having personal knowledge of his opinions and being in his direct company on many occasions, it DID sound like Peter's opinion, to which I have been subjected to on many occasions, on Thais/ Pattaya/Police/charities etc.

Am I right Peter!

There may have been confusion if the use of English was a second language, but there was no confusion as to his meaning of the second post, which was basically, NO, F--K the charities, I'm doing it for me! and anyone that doesn't like it can Go and do one!

Sounds about right, I think??

Anyway, who are the judges independently judging the contest??? ........................................ ONLY JOKING!

Give the man a break. He already said he is running a business NOT a charity. However in conveying that message to you he may have sounded like he doesn't give a damn about charity and we don't know if he does or not but keep in mind English is NOT his first language. So he may have come off sounding differently than he intended. The customer entry fee of 200 baht is little more than the normal price to come in, sit down and have your first drink. The 500 baht fee for the participants is voluntary - no one has to compete! And once again he is running a business and the object of a business is profit - and Anybody who can turn a profit in the Boy-bar business gets my vote of confidence. So don't get your feathers all ruffled over this small matter.

Good luck Krazydragon!!

May 2nd, 2007, 12:50
The customer entry fee of 200 baht is little more than the normal price to come in, sit down and have your first drink.

A hundred and one baht to be precise, a fee I consider to be extremely reasonable and fair with whats on offer. That said, I am sure there will be some cheap Charlies that will disagree with me, but that's par for course isn't it? http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/rolleyes.gif

G.

May 2nd, 2007, 13:04
Yep,

No Adverising standards Authority or Trade descriptions Act in Thailand. Dog eat Dog, First up best dressed! or is it first up gets the dress!

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 2nd, 2007, 13:19
we know he's German so to get anything across to this lot on here with a minimal of nitpicking is an a achievement.

Sponsor (patronize) krazydragon's establishment..he's done as much as any to make Sunnee Plaza the naughty fun place it is..and he's had some vindictive attacks over the years..all of which have failed.

May 2nd, 2007, 14:02
kquill: Rules of the forum:

IDENTIFYING MEMBERS BY THEIR REAL NAMES, OR BY POSTING THEIR ADDRESSES, PHONE NUMBERS, E-MAIL ADDRESSES (etc etc.) IS NOT ALLOWED.

May 2nd, 2007, 15:40
DELETED

May 2nd, 2007, 15:47
Wowpow,

Were you a Headmaster in a former life????

PS JESTING, GET YOUR MESSAGE, I CAN READ SMALL LETTERS TOO AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT, joined up writing!

May 2nd, 2007, 15:52
DELETED

Daniel-old
May 2nd, 2007, 17:11
I quote from Krazy Dragon's poster advertising their handsome man contest:

'A good time was had by all last year when there was a generous sponsor. Anyone who would like to come up with a sponsorship deal would be more than welcome to talk to the management.'

There was no misunderstanding. Kevin's apology was a tad premature!

However, before the forum members hang, draw and quarter Krazy Dragon's owner over his attitude to charity, let's remind ourselves that this is the same guy who in March 2004 did hold a charity event at his bar, raising 40,000 baht for Wat Po Children's Aids foundation.

May 2nd, 2007, 17:18
MMMM, some of you must really have fun in the forum with the comments. I enjoy that very much! But who is really the owner of the Dragon. Is he/she Thai, UK, US or German Nationality? It is like Ping Pong. May I suggest, ask the Owner! Cheers

bkkguy
May 3rd, 2007, 00:08
just about every bar in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket has had some sort of "handsome man" competition, very few are charity events, what is this storm in a teacup (g-string?) all about - I think some of the "charity" events are much more worthy of this level of attention!

bkkguy

May 3rd, 2007, 00:55
THE KRAZY DRAGON
HANDSOME BOY CONTEST
FRIDAY 19TH MAY 2007 9 P.M

1st PRIZE 8.000 Baht
2nd Prize 4.000 Baht
3rd Prize 3.000 baht
4th Prize 2.000 Baht
5th Prize 1.000 Baht

MOST POPULAR
1ST Prize 8.000 Baht
2ND Prize 2.000 Baht

The winners of the most popular boys will be the two contestants who received the most flowers

Entry fee for the night is 200 Baht with your first drink free.
All Drinks All Night 100 BAHT

Just a reminder to keep the advertising ball rolling.

Is there a minimum and maximum age for entrants. Are KD employees allowed to enter?[/b]

May 3rd, 2007, 01:14
Wowpow,

Thanks very much for the reminder, I'd forgot. You are a star, Are you going in your new car????

May 3rd, 2007, 01:55
The original post by krazydragon clearly states that contestants must be 18 year (sic) or older.
Wowpow can count, but can he read?

May 3rd, 2007, 02:53
The best bar is Euroboys.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/eyebrowup.gif

G.

May 3rd, 2007, 09:22
DELETED

May 3rd, 2007, 16:56
Here is a PM from Krazy Draon to myself.

The D.J rose trophy was decided b4, because in Case of Sponsorship.
The popular 1 was choosen by the folk

Sorry now 100% think its fixed and will not be entering a boy.

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 3rd, 2007, 20:34
"Sorry now 100% think its fixed and will not be entering a boy."

well I'll be entering a boy and with any luck-he'll enter me. :cheers:

May 19th, 2007, 16:40
Bump

and Grind?

May 20th, 2007, 14:50
DELETED