PDA

View Full Version : I love my boyfriend, Part II -- Phuket

catawampuscat
April 30th, 2007, 00:38
Too bad about My Way, it used to be a great bar and full of hot guys.
Phuket is relatively expensive but good for a change of pace from Pattaya/Jomtien or BKK.
Has the air cleared up in Chaing Mai?
It seemed to have been a rough air quality season this year.

I have some vivid memories of being at My Way and meeting lots of hot guys and it is sad it has changed for the worst... :cat:

Bob
April 30th, 2007, 02:07
Chiangmai had a pretty decent rain/wind storm on Tuesday, April 17th, and the air was a lot cleaner after that (but to say it's "clean" is rather generous). Cleaner than it was before, that's for sure.

April 30th, 2007, 06:03
and my bank account, the car I bought him, the land I bought for his family, his monthly allowance, and.... and today he told me that he loves me more than anything in the world.... and reminded me that his birthday is coming up soon :pukeleft:

April 30th, 2007, 07:17
and my bank account, the car I bought him, the land I bought for his family, his monthly allowance, and.... and today he told me that he loves me more than anything in the world.... and reminded me that his birthday is coming up soon :pukeleft:

Welcome to the forum beary, you are just what we needed, yet another cynical bastard. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/rolleyes.gif

Nice post jaafarabutarab and always good to hear a positive Farang/Thai B/F story. Long may you enjoy each other and long may your love last. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/1luvu.gif

Choc Dee,

G.

April 30th, 2007, 15:39
Hey guys,

speaking about "My Way" in Phuket.... does anyone still remember, 5-6 years ago, there was a boy in My Way called "Tae"... small guy, top only, very cute... anyone knew him?

My Way is really nothing now compared to then... :)

May 1st, 2007, 02:52

Isn't this almost comically simplistic? I will say that I bought my boyfriend a car, AFTER we had known another for a year or so, and it was NOT his idea: it was mine. He was riding a motorcycle everywhere, and I could not stand the idea of his brains being splattered all over the pavement.

But we were in courtship long before that.

I am now putting him through school. (Is that something WRONG?) After all, when I hear that some man is "keeping" a boy, I rather want to know whether that man is keeping the boy in school, or keeping him in drugs.

Life is not that simple, now, is it??

Well, life may be that simple for you, PukeLeft. But I am not quite sure that I want to be you.

I am not quite sure that I want to be living in Thailand, with an income that far exceeds my simple needs, and find myself arguing with Thai boys over the "tariff." If even one of them should consent to return to school, and become a more valuable member of society, my heart would be very happy. The number currently stands higher than "1."

And -- you know what, beary -- I am really having fun doing this! :-) :-) (O, I apoligize, your name is PukeLeft, and how COULD I have overlooked that!)

taamjai khrap!

Jaafar

If you give with sense and easy handed, you’re doing the right thing. There is nothing wrong with that.

Don’t get confused by jealousy and greed of others.

It’s alone your way, your enjoyment and happiness.

May 1st, 2007, 08:06
I am really having fun doing this!

We're pretty much on the same boat hon... I'm having lot's of fun too honey! ...guess what! Yesterday on his way to his village to visit his mom to give her money (that I gave him) to buy a water buffalo, my boyfriend called me from a gas station to tell me that he saw a perfect gift for me and would like to buy it for me........... Oh, he is soooo sweet and thoughtful isn't he?? ....... so I said "Thank You Sweetie!!" and gayly ran to the nearest ATM to transfer the money..... Oh he loves me sooo much! :withstupid:

May 1st, 2007, 09:56
DELETED

May 2nd, 2007, 03:24
Jaafarabutarab, You just do what makes you happy. I, for one, believe that there can be decent relationships between old farts like us and younger Thais. With the age difference it will never be "equal" in the sense we would prefer but they give of themselves and we offer them security. That is higher on Maslowe's Hierarchy of Needs than love, but once that is satisfied they find little ways of showing affection. Believe it or not I know that the last two guys with whom I had relationships in Thaiand and helped out financially appreciated and cared for me long after the money stopped and we are still in touch. One who I have not been in a relationship with for over two years in fact told me a couple of weeks ago that while his current bf had his body, I still had his heart (I love the simple ways they can express themselves). They can easily respect people who have tried to help them, shown compassion and humility and never treated them badly. They are out there but not always easy to find. I got lucky right here at home in Los Angeles. I met a Thai student here studying on a scholarship and will be going for his PhD. I don't honestly know why he latched onto me when there is all the young meat out there on the college campus, but he did and he is intent on building a future together when he returns to Thailand and I am retired. Go figure. And NO, I am not supporting him in any way, shape, or fashion. Six months and he seems as happy as can be even when I sometimes fall asleep on his bed early on Saturday evening (he's 26, I'm 61). It may or may not last as long as he and I would like but I never fear that if our flame eventually withers that we won't still continue on as friends. I am a realist in knowing that there might eventually come a time when I am "really" old and he will still be a young man with needs to fulfill but I am confident that I will never loose his friendship and love. So you enjoy your relationship, enjoy giving, enjoy what you get from him. With regard to Thai guys, I have been hurt over failures but I have never looked back and I wished the relationship(s) had never happened.

May 2nd, 2007, 03:51
Hi Bob, I just wanted to thank you for your post in highlighting the positive side of relationships with Thai boyfriends, of which I have had some great ones myself. I found your post refreshing and in total contrast to the normal nightmare stories about such matters. As we know, you get back what you give, if you are lucky that is.

Thanks again and my best wishes for a great relationship with the new love in your life. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/hug.gif

Choc Dee,

G.

May 2nd, 2007, 10:05
DELETED

catawampuscat
May 2nd, 2007, 11:37
I skimmed it Bob T, as it was too difficult for aging eyes to read without some spacing.

Please, don't start using the Tab key or else smiles/Brad the Impala will pin another
handle on me. :blackeye:

Lunchtime O'Booze
May 2nd, 2007, 13:48
Jaafarabutarab, "You just do what makes you happy."..

certainly your boyfriend has made me happy in the past .

May 2nd, 2007, 15:48
DELETED

jimnbkk
May 2nd, 2007, 21:32
Dear Bob T

Please use paragraphs when you type. I found your post hard to read.

Read it out loud and move your lips (like I do) John, and it is easier to read.

May 3rd, 2007, 00:08
I too found "Thailand Fever"* of great assistance when my relationship was hitting a rocky period. Although the book is written entirely from a straight perspective, most of what it has to say about support, the importance of generosity and parental responsibilities is entirely apposite to us and to those for whom we care.. One of its useful attributes is that it is written in both English and Thai, allowing our partners to read it for themselves.
We shouldn't be put off by the vast number of exclamation marks the US author employs.
I bought my copy in the Royal Garden Shopping Centre for about 450 bht- worth every penny.

*"Thailand fever" by Chris Pirozzi and Vitida Vasant; published by Paiboon Poomsan