PDA

View Full Version : How about gay life in Angeles city?

Jetsam
April 29th, 2007, 02:42
I'm considering a trip to the Philippines, does anyone know how gay life is in Philli , I think I will go for Angeles city , I like Pattaya and angeles city is closest to Pattaya I think, but I know nothing about Philli so any info is welcome :geek:

April 29th, 2007, 06:17
I have always found Makati City the best for finding more up-scale companionship.

Alton-old
April 29th, 2007, 19:36
Angeles City is not on the beach and was heavily damaged by a volcano some years back. Are you sure??

Jetsam
April 30th, 2007, 03:05
Angeles City is not on the beach and was heavily damaged by a volcano some years back. Are you sure??

nooooo , I don't even know where it is lol, I met some nice guys online and they all seem to come from Angeles City. Maybe if I google on "Map" and "Philippines " I will be more informed before my next questions http://images.fok.nl/s/biggrin.gif

travelerjim
May 1st, 2007, 01:52
Jetsam,

Please see this thread about The Phillipines...issued April 27, 2007:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/fo ... 11471.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/us-state-dept-phillipines-travel-warning-t11471.html) .

TJ

Sen Yai
May 1st, 2007, 13:07
nooooo , I don't even know where it is lol, I met some nice guys online and they all seem to come from Angeles City. Maybe if I google on "Map" and "Philippines " I will be more informed before my next questions

Jetsam, when you find that map of the Philippines, please post a copy of it here so that TravelerJim can seen the relative locations of Mindanao and Angeles City.

Advising about travel risks in Luson, because of unrest in Mindanao is like advising against travel to Pattaya because of the troubles in Pattani. There are serious risks to health associated with visits to Pattaya, but attack by Muslim insurgents isn't high on the list.

Someone should tell Uncle Sam.

May 1st, 2007, 17:27
I am no expert on the Philippines, but have visited a few times. I think meeting guys on the Internet is a good way of experiencing the gay life. Angeles City, if I remember correctly, is about two hour bus ride from Manila. The American Clark Air Force base was located here before the Americans were kicked out. This is where Air Asia flies in and out of now. I found no gay life here, but instead a bunch of girlie bars.

Manila was interesting. I found no go-go boy bars, but a lot of cruising in the shopping centers. Harrison Plaza is an older shopping center that was cruisy (I was told to watch out because of the rough trade). There is a newer one up the road and I think it was called Robinson's, but am not sure. Also some cruising in Rizal park at night, but I am sure you need to be careful.

Malate is the area I found to be the best area for gay life. Several gay bars and it seemed to me to be a trendy and popular area. If you can meet someone on the Internet, I am sure they will show you the town.

globalwanderer
May 2nd, 2007, 18:00
As fairly regular visitor I have found some of the Gay scene, but with the help of teh locals... it does not advertise itself widely. Manila has a number of Macho Dancer Bars spread around town, particularly in Malate and Quezon. Of those I have visited so far Big Papa's is the best. White Bird used to be good but had gone down hill last time I was there. The area near Remedios Circle in Malate has a number of gay bars and clubs. Anyone want direction I can provide them

GWMinUS
May 3rd, 2007, 06:47
I think MonkeySee provides a good summary.

Angeles is far from Manila and definitely in the sticks!!!
If you are flying there on AirAsia, you can get a Philtranco bus directly into Manila.
But better to fly into Aquino Airport. Stay in Malate!!!

If you want to enjoy the finest beach, fly to Boracay. It is a short 60-minute flight and a fun trip on the pump boat to the island.
There are many nice Pinoy Guys there, or you can take one with you... Firday's Hotel is the best, but expensive.

Another nice trip is to the island of Mindoro Oriental. You take the bus from Manila down to the port of Bantangas and the pump boat across to the island. You have your choice of beaches. Puerto Galera, Sabang, Coco Beach or White Beach. I suggest the Portofino Hotel or the Red Sun in Small La Laguna. Night life outside of Puerto Galery is SLOW. So take a friend, kick back, and enjoy the seafood.

Best of luck!!!
George

June 25th, 2007, 23:40
for contacts that aren't money boys try www.guys4men.com (http://www.guys4men.com) and there are also forums on the site. I am considering moving to the manila area instead of thailand . It is a short hop over to thailand so it could be the best of both worlds.

GWMinUS
June 26th, 2007, 05:51
Then you will have to change your ID to "luvpinoy"!
Unless I have already taken it???

I love the Philippines and have many friends there.
BUT Manila?? Too big I think???
I enjoy Mindanao, the Island in the South.
The City of Cagayan de Oro is just my size!!!
And many Universities there so lots of gwapo Guys...

Just watch your heart and your wallet!!!
Take Care...