PDA

View Full Version : Passport Phuket

April 28th, 2007, 17:02
A couple of nights ago I decided to drop by Passport GoGo in Paradise. I had a couple of drinks and bought the boys a bottle of Pipers. At this point I paid my tab. The bar was quiet as most of the bars are at this time of year. I had a couple of guys around me chatting and joking and drinking. I thought I felt something in my pocket, but I wasn't sure, and to be honest it was more of a fleeting thought. When I decided to leave I discovered I had no money in my pocket. A quick search of the surroundings and I located my cash stuck between the seat and the seat back where one of the boys had stuffed it while another one had distracted me. They tried to make it seem like the money got there by itself but considering how far it was stuffed between the seat and the seat back, I doubt it. Management didn't seem to care much and uttered a half hearted apology. I won't be going back.

Alaan
April 30th, 2007, 03:46
Thanks for the tip Just Me, I am planning to visit Phuket for a few days when I make my trip to Thailand at the end of June,
on my previous visits I have never tried Passport but on this visit I was planning to check-out some of the venues I have missed in the past, Passport included, I'll still go but I'll be mind-full of your information.

On the subject of Patong bars/venues can you give updates on any other bars/gogos as I see on another thread My Way also received a disappointing review. Tangmo and CU tonite were quite busy and good fun, as was Wow karaoke and Night Station disco the last time I visited in early 2006, so I'm just interested to get some updated info.

April 30th, 2007, 12:51
HI Alaan, Overall I find the bar scene in Phuket a bit disappointing or maybe not to my taste. Most bars have some sort of ladyboy show that just goes on and on and on. I went to My Way and Tangmo once. Both were ok. I didn't really care for My Way, the owner seems somehow demeaning to his staff, and on this Saturday night it was crowded mostly with straight tourists wanting to see drag queens perform. They pack u in and I didn't think it was very comfortable at all. Wow was dead every night...but this is April. CU Tonight no longer exists in Paradise, but I understand has moved to another area that caters mostly to Thais. Boat Bar was busy on Saturday night. I didn't go any other night. I think Saturday is just generally a busier night as weekday nights seemed much more quiet to me. There were some people around the soi, but not a lot. Never heard of Night Station, so can't help you on that one. The beach was nice. If you want a nice hotel try the Siam-Palm located only a few minutes walk away from Paradise. Excellent food and accommodation. It rained a couple of times during my stay, but nothing to put u off. Just carry a small umbrella. Hope this helps.