PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok update April 26th

April 28th, 2007, 06:36
Guys,

Just a small update. I stopped off for ' One night in Bangkok ' on my way to Kalasin on Thursday April 26th. Findings are.

Solid Bar. Quiet, Wirat [ Waiter, Mammasan, General Factotum] the pal of mine was off sick, he is quite popular as a nice source of information for ex pats. Bar was quiet and not a lot happening.

Nature Boys. I went in this bar only once before and was wearing big boots and was on my way to the toilet, [ This was in my former ' Viking Days' and was pissed and fell over them on my way to the loo and landed on top of a young man who was in a rather compromising position with a Foreigner who had his trollies around his ankles in full view of the bar!

I was so embarrassed. I vowed never to go in there again until I was certain everyone had forgotten me!

Anyways, it was again, quiet, but there were some good looking guys of the correct age in there and it was pleasant enough. [ No raunchy goings on as in recent posts here] I stayed well from the toilets and wore trainers!

Balcony. Silom 4. Home from home. Doing OK when I went in, Love the place, Stuart doing his best for everyone as usual.

Richard's Bar adjacent to G.O.D. First visit. Nice classy little bar. Attentive staff, very friendly,pleasant environment.Well Worth a visit.

G.O.D. First time in. Loved it. I went with three Thai friends, 240 baht to go in, two drinks were included in the price, so ' Not expensive by any stretch! " I am a disco fan, as that was my back round in the UK.

Great music, Good sound system, you can always tell this as they don't have to turn it up to Concorde level! Good
looking guys dancing in the Bangkok fashion style similar to DJ Station.

Nice crowd of well dressed, fashion conscious Thais. I enjoyed it very much. Was getting well busy as I was leaving, looked like they were in for a late one! Hope it works and stays open in this format.

That was about it really as I had to get up next day to travel up to Kalasin.

One or two people asking me if Krazy Dragon was going to open on the old site [ ' God knows how many names it has had now, next to Balcony, opposite Telephone!, Was it once ICON?, 45 now, senility has set in!!] I said I had no idea!

All the best.

Kevin.