View Full Version : Carabao concert London in May.

Alaan
April 27th, 2007, 06:05
Just to advise any UK based forum members that are interested in Thai music, that Thai rock/folk band Carabao are playing a charity concert at Hammersmith Town Hall, London on Sunday May 27th. So for anyone currently in the UK with Thailand withdrawal symptoms, who enjoy music, this would be a very enjoyable night worth attending if it is anything like their last concert in Hammersmith.

I went to their last concert at Hammersmith Town Hall in 2005, and it was a great evening. The full Carabao band played a long set of their best known songs, and,as it was for charity 2 of the guitars they played during the concert were signed by the band and auctioned. There were stalls set up in the front foyer of the Town Hall selling Thai goods, many types of Thai food as well as band merchandise. There was also a full bar service including Thai branded beer(which eventually ran out before the end of the concert).

The hall was packed to capacity with the same amount of audience participation(singing/dancing) as there is at Carabao concerts in Thailand. The only main difference to concerts back in Thailand, as might be expected from a uk based Carabao concert, was a much larger percentage of Thai girls/lady's with western guys on tow, but many looking like groups of females with western boyfriends/husbands being dragged along. But there were still also groups of Thai guys of all ages, many groups of 5 or 6 young guys together having a fun time as well as a few very young children and much older family members.

Only one minus point was that the last tube from Hammersmith was just before 12 midnight, which is just before the concert finished, so to catch it you would have to leave the concert early as it takes a few minutes to get to the Tube station [this is based on the times in May 2005, not sure if the Tube from there runs later now].

April 29th, 2007, 00:33
Thanks a lot Alaan! Any ideas whos got tickets? fabulous band,

April 29th, 2007, 17:14
My little friend in Thailand is a big fan but I much preferred Sek Loso or Potato(?) or the gay guy who sometimes sings along with Loso. Any info' on whether these guys ever pop over to the UK?

April 29th, 2007, 22:21
Ooogleman: Tickets at different restaurants in London including Thai Tho. Tel 0208-296-9054

Fatman http://theboywonder.co.uk/2005/06/24/se ... ge-london/ (http://theboywonder.co.uk/2005/06/24/sek-loso-the-garage-london/)
Seems they to do come to the UK, but trying to find out when, I'd pull me hair if I had any
Cheers

Alaan
April 29th, 2007, 22:41
Oogleman, tickets are available at Art Muay Market, 8a Hogarth Road, Earls Court, London. SW5 0PT.
Their tel no is -020-7341-3599, they might be able to advise you of other ticket outlets more convenient for you. They will also send tickets by Recorded Delivery post if you wish, I just sent a cheque and 4 days later the tickets arrived by post. Just give them a call for info. I couldn't get through on the 0208-296-9054 number when I tried at the start of April, it sounded like it was disconnected.

Yes Fatman41, I like Sek Loso very much also. As far as I'm aware there are no plans for any UK concerts at the moment.
His last concerts in Uk were 2005 when he was in London recording his english lyric songs for a cd which was intended to give him a springboard to International markets, uk, europe, USA. For some reason the CD has yet to be released and after concerts in usa, Europe and UK [including an appearance at the Glastonbury Festival] he returned to Thailand to release more Thai CDs.

I'm not sure about Potato,Bird McIntyre [Bird from Bird-Sek] and other Thai bands, I find it very difficult getting current information on Thai performers tour and concert schedules, especially, of course, in English. There are some websites but most are in Thai only, and most are not updated regularly which is the biggest problem. The concerts I have attended in Thailand are either word-of -mouth from Thai musician friends or by pure chance seeing a promotion poster outside a Pattaya or Bangkok venue.