PDA

View Full Version : OUT With the Old

Monty-old
April 26th, 2007, 21:22
And In With New.

Monty's Enchanted Hut is Closing,,,,,
But MONTY'S Over The RAINBOW CAFE' CLUB,& CABARET is OPENING On May Day 1/5/07. (Right Opposite)
If you are in Pattaya on May 1st.
YOU ARE INVITED TO THE GRAND OPENING & CLOSING STREET PARTY
Ticket 300 bht includes.
Buffet, Show, Live Music, & 1 st drink, 100 bht goes to Dr Phillipe & G.A.P.
Plus an AUCTION Of Art Works from the Enchanted Hut.
Dancing BOYS Cabaret, And More.
IF YOU ARE HERE << JOIN US FOR A GREAT NIGHT OUT.

April 26th, 2007, 23:14
OK Monty - the "Hut" has been wonderful for dinner and your show and great staff. Sorry I will not be there for the opening but will make it back to Thailand in June so be sure you have a roast lamb someplace around. Sounds like another great place coming up! :cheers:

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 27th, 2007, 00:05
but I'll be there for the closing one.

Jetsam
April 27th, 2007, 01:30
Monty you jobhopper http://images.fok.nl/s/emo.gif

catawampuscat
April 27th, 2007, 10:46
This poster had made some assumptions about Monty based on perceived relationships/friendships on this
forum that he had with other posters and it wasn't positive.

When I finally frequented Monty's Enchanted Hut a few weeks ago, I was surprised at what a wonderful warm and
entertaining host Monty is and how tasty the food was. I had the mixed grill and each of the various meats was cooked
to perfection and the side dishes and dessert were all excellent.
Monty is a showman and a performer and makes sure all his customers (guests) are having a good time and is one
of the true gems of Pattaya/Jomtien.

I regret my past incorrect assumptions and unfortunately they were based on the rave reviews of one poster and frankly
I used to frequent places he hated and avoided ones he praised, just on principle and with the knowledge that this poster
would not be in the places he dumped on but would likely be in the ones he boosted.
I have even made some less than flattering posting concerning Monty's various establishments and charities in the past and I regret have made them as they were based on his association/friendship with one poster, I found detestable and that was wrong on my part.

Good luck Monty and I and as large a group of friends as I can organize will be out to celebrate your opening on 1 May... :clown: :cat:

April 27th, 2007, 17:34
DELETED

April 27th, 2007, 19:12
I have even made some less than flattering posting concerning Monty's various establishments and charities in the past and I regret have made them as they were based on his association/friendship with one poster, I found detestable and that was wrong on my part.

Good luck Monty and I and as large a group of friends as I can organize will be out to celebrate your opening on 1 May... :clown: :cat:

I am sure :cat:, that like me, others couldn't possibly guess who the person is that you are referring to above. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/16094547/245974468.jpg With what John has stated, plus the probability of the person you speak so highly of above being present there as well, I can imagine the abundance of goodwill, friendliness and charm that will be prevalent at Monty's opening night.

In fact, thinking about this more, I am sure that with the entertainment that will be on offer, it will be worth dragging my arse down to the complex to witness it all. I don't know what Monty has planned in the way of entertainment, but he is sure going to struggle to compete with what the three of you are capable of providing.

Have a great night everyone, and if my arrival is delayed for any reason, please promise me that you will not start without me. Seconds out, round one, ding ding. :boxing: :laughing3:

G. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/16094547/245975111.jpg

catawampuscat
April 28th, 2007, 00:10
John, I don't hate you. I don't even know you. I doubt you are a hot under 30 y.o. stud but neither am I.

I do have a problem with one poster on this forum and have misjudged others whom I associated with him.
I was wrong about Monty and I don't know anything about you and your friends but since I don't see you
in lockstep like O'booze, I have no reason to think badly of you. I don't agree or necessarily like everything
you post but I have no personal feelings one way or another about you. I only have a problem with one person.

I am not a friend of Monty's and just met him recently. I had pre-conceived notions based
on assumptions which have proved false. I posted them and will try not to be prejudiced against those
whom I don't know.
I do believe birds of a feather fly together and for that reason refuse to have any social
relationships with those whose live styles choices, I find unacceptable. I do believe there are evil people and
some have such bad karma that it is a curse to be in their company. I can not tolerate the presence of those
who are parasites in our community and suck the blood, joy and fun out of Pattaya/Jomtien.

I have many years of high end real estate experience and really don't think real estate professionals are scumbags and
even have used-car salesmen in my family and they are great guys. Stereotypes are foolish but useful if one
want to get a jab in.

I am not big on openings and premiers and often forget parties in bars etc, so don't worry about a face to face
and I think, you think I am someone you think you know or recognize but it is unlikely our paths have crossed.

Best of luck to Monty and I will try to make it, but sometimes the lure of Sunee and the Pattayaland sois is too
strong for me to make the short trip to Jomtien Complex.

Smiles
April 28th, 2007, 00:55
" ... And In With New.
Monty's Enchanted Hut is Closing ... "
Why is it closing?

Hosanna's, fireworks, and breathless LMTU (et al) postings regarding it's GRAND OPENING(!!!!), GRAND MENU(!!!!!), GRAND BARE-CHESTED WAITERS(!!!!!) were appearing daily here and elsewhere not all that long ago.

So what happened to All That?

Wondering . . . and cheers ...

PS ... talking about LMTU, where's he gone? Don't tell me borrowing-more-money ... (troubles).

April 28th, 2007, 06:44
LMTU,

Sorry, but something, I don't know what it is, tells me, that you two don't get along!

I might be wrong now!

April 28th, 2007, 07:09
LMTU,

Sorry, but something, I don't know what it is, tells me, that you two don't get along!

I might be wrong now!

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/weblogs/upload/44/47567896446329043b7c04.jpg

Monty wrote :

And In With New.

Monty's Enchanted Hut is Closing,,,,,
But MONTY'S Over The RAINBOW CAFE' CLUB,& CABARET is OPENING On May Day 1/5/07. (Right Opposite)

I wish you all the luck " Monty", whit your," over the rainbow" ! Very funny but nice to meet you in a new location every year ! I love your surprising. :flower: :flower: :flower:

April 28th, 2007, 07:27
Guys,

I think Monty is hilarious.Just a small point, Anyone who has been in business with him before has never spoken ill of him, to my knowledge.

He is a chancer and a character and he is still here battling away. I think sometimes, if we just lighten up a little, you can sit and howl at some of his antics.

Hope it works out, more places for gays to go, and No Monty, I don't want a partnership!

April 28th, 2007, 08:45
A lovely act of contrition by Catawumpus spoiled by LMTU.

Well Cat, maybe you're not such a bad sort after all. Bygones be bygones... :wan:

For the Kitty- a nice scratch behind the ears. :cat:

For LMTU - a big pile of poo :kngt:

catawampuscat
April 28th, 2007, 11:56
Be careful what you wish for. Lets blame this one on smiles, who missed the usual screaming promotions from lmtu
and wondered where he was. Well, smiles, you got what you asked for.

Those who enjoy rummaging thru the archives will find rave review after rave review from lmtu for Monty's various
businesses but now that Monty had the nerve to demand what is due him, lmtu has proclaimed the end of Jomtien
Complex and is pushing another bar's party to try to spoil Monty's opening. With a friend like lmtu you really don't need
any enemies.

I am slighted that my sideline of selling Mormon bibles while wearing my red shoes was left out of his obviously deranged
translation of my posting. thanks kenc, welcome to the (left)side of jaidee, truth, and good karma. Only one question,
where is lunchtime O'Booze's ringing endorsement of lmtu's translation. Usually he is in lockstep and posts within an hour or
two of his partner and fuckbuddie............ :cat:

TrongpaiExpat
April 28th, 2007, 13:26

I am sure :cat:, that like me, others couldn't possibly guess who the person is that you are referring to above. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/16094547/245974468.jpg With what John has stated, plus the probability of the person you speak so highly of above being present there as well, I can imagine the abundance of goodwill, friendliness and charm that will be prevalent at Monty's opening night.

In fact, thinking about this more, I am sure that with the entertainment that will be on offer, it will be worth dragging my arse down to the complex to witness it all. I don't know what Monty has planned in the way of entertainment, but he is sure going to struggle to compete with what the three of you are capable of providing.

Have a great night everyone, and if my arrival is delayed for any reason, please promise me that you will not start without me. Seconds out, round one, ding ding. :boxing: :laughing3:

G. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/16094547/245975111.jpg

Don't hold your breath George. I went to Rainwalkers' yearly event at Memories expecting a Donny Brook or at least a few bitch slaps and not even a discouraging word was uttered. Everyone was friendly and happy. They ate and drank like it was their last meal, but not a harsh word.

Then latter on the boards the mud was slung again with all sorts of false claims and castigation's.

Bottom line, these characters here are strange bitter old queens on line but the perfect gentlemen in person, or maybe cowards, I am not sure yet.

April 28th, 2007, 14:55
I'm going to miss The Enchanted Hut, but look forward to getting comfortable with Monty's new venue across the soi.

Similar to Cat, I had pre-conceived opinions about Monty simply based on postings on the gay forums. I did not meet him until I stopped by The Enchanted Hut one evening. Monty is a likeable guy, runs a good restaurant, is a crack-up entertainer when on stage, and seems totally above-board.

He gave me a preview tour of the new premises across the soi, and I think he'll do quite well there. I hope there's enough time remaining before May Day to get everything fixed up, moved and in order!

To answer Smiles' question as to why he's closing The Enchanted Hut and moving: I understand he was approached out of the clear blue by someone who wanted The Hut and made him a very attractive offer. It'll be interesting to see what becomes of The Hut after Monty moves out.

One facet of his May Day Grand Opening that should appeal to certain vocal ones amongst the gay community: He has earmarked and clearly stated that B100 of the B300 ticket will be donated to Dr.Phillippe and GAP.

lonelywombat
April 29th, 2007, 18:46
I'm going to miss The Enchanted Hut, but look forward to getting comfortable with Monty's new venue across the soi.
One facet of his May Day Grand Opening that should appeal to certain vocal ones amongst the gay community: He has earmarked and clearly stated that B100 of the B300 ticket will be donated to Dr.Phillippe and GAP.

Monty is a survivor and very genuine. He was taken for a ride because he trusted a big noting poster to the thailand forums and is hurting financially. Legally he is totally disabled yet he is also a lot of fun., and a very hard worker.

I always look forward to my first day visit to Montys and to getting all the gossip. I have known him since his first bar and have seen the compassion for thai boys that need help, and medication. He does not talk about the work he does to all, but a few are aware of what he does for those that are needy.

I am proud to have met him and wish him all the best in his new venture.

Smiles
April 29th, 2007, 23:21
" ... Monty is a survivor and very genuine. He was taken for a ride because he trusted a big noting poster to the thailand forums and is hurting financially ... "
Assuming you meant "noted" (rather than "noting") . . . I am (also assuming) you are referring to LMTU.
Let's not be coy now (accusations by sly implication alone are not fair. Outright accusations with no proof is also not nice) . . . are you saying that ~ to the best of your knowledge ~ LMTU scammed Monty for a lotta loot?

Cheers ...

April 29th, 2007, 23:44
" ... Monty is a survivor and very genuine. He was taken for a ride because he trusted a big noting poster to the thailand forums and is hurting financially ... "
Assuming you meant "noted" (rather than "noting") . . . I am (also assuming) you are referring to LMTU.
Let's not be coy now (accusations by sly implication alone are not fair. Outright accusations with no proof are also unfair) . . . are you saying that ~ to the best of your knowledge ~ LMTU scammed Monty for a lotta loot?
Cheers ...

Smiles, I find this accusation of the wombat extremely unlikely, to say the least. For LMTU to have accomplished this, it would have required Monty having a lot of loot in the first place. We all know that this has never been true of Monty, unless of course it was loot belonging to someone else. http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u152/GeorgeThai/whistle.gif

G.

April 30th, 2007, 10:48
DELETED

April 30th, 2007, 11:02
You mean,

There's three sides to every story. Your side, my side and the truth!
:argue:

catawampuscat
April 30th, 2007, 11:15
There are those on this forum who proclaim that everyone knows their name and the reality is only John Botting
uses his real full name as his handle. Now there are two, Kevin.

Comically, there is a poster who says everyone knows who he is and what is full name is but he never uses it.
Strange, but true.

This forum needs another strong knowledgeable voice to counterweight the strong voices like JB and show there are several versions
of every story and add a little humor as well.

Smiles
April 30th, 2007, 11:23
" ... I know both posters (and like) very well and you get different stories from both! ....
LMTU is a very sociable and likable guy, as is Monty. I guess their characters are either the types of people you like or hate .... "
Well John, good for you and your impressions. We've met (as you well know) and even from that very short time span I would be quite willing to believe what you say regarding many matters (just an 'Inner Feeling' ~ as they say). I agree, there's something about LMTU that is at least a few shades close to endearing.

So let's have a go at other Pattaya bottom feeders: for instance, I think Catswampuscat is a complete Psych 101 looney bin (on so many different levels), and while you're at it, Hedda too ... what say you?

.... seeing how this thread has gotten sidetracked from any semblence to gay Thailand anyway, what the fuck. :blackeye: :blackeye:

Cheers ...

PS ... my name is David.
As well ... I too have met the most congenial Mr Kevin Quill and all I can say is that any man who parts with beers for both myself and the Beloved is always well-received (I being a cheap lay) ... and we shall be happy to return the favour one day in the wilds of Kalasin which is not that far away from his home turf.

" ... This forum needs another strong knowledgeable voice to counterweight the strong voices like JB and show there are several versions of every story and add a little humor as well ... "
. . . which rules you out right off the bat.

April 30th, 2007, 16:06
DELETED

April 30th, 2007, 17:00
You mean,

There's three sides to every story. Your side, my side and the truth!
:argue:

My side is always the truth Kevin. Well thats how I see it anyway :cheers:

Hmmmm,John.

By the way Smiles,

I looked up 'congenial' .................."capable of cross fertilization".................Another Hmmmm.

Kevin.

Smiles
April 30th, 2007, 20:17
" ... By the way Smiles, I looked up 'congenial' .................."capable of cross fertilization".................Another Hmmmm.... "
Not sure of your dictionary Kevin: