PDA

View Full Version : bar fines, tips, etc.

April 23rd, 2007, 04:32
I was in Pattaya in January and heading back in August.

I paid bar fines avg $300 and spent $1,500 - $2,000 bhat for long-time.

I'm just curious to know if this is standard guy rate. Was never really sure because I paid the same at girl bars. I only went to Wild West Boys and Boyz Boyz Boyz.

:bounce:

bing
April 23rd, 2007, 04:47
I hope you mean 300 baht and 1000 to 1500 baht.. Those sound like on target amounts. Ah on reading your posting you did indicate you were quoting in baht.

April 23rd, 2007, 07:43
... Was never really sure because I paid the same at girl bars....

Anyone ever notice how the most interesting information is always buried deep down in a post?

As Sheikh Spear once said, "Thereby hangs a tale." :popc:

francois
April 23rd, 2007, 09:39
These are not fines, they are the price of doing business. Relax and enjoy

April 23rd, 2007, 09:59

Anyone ever notice how the most interesting information is always buried deep down in a post?

The guys at Nana Plaza were helpful in letting us know how the girls work. I was the only bi in the group and didn't ask too many questions in Pattaya boys town. I was just figuring it would be cheaper for some reason.

well thanks for the info guys -- sure I'll be around now that I found this forum!

catawampuscat
April 23rd, 2007, 17:35
The straight guys call it a bar fine and the gayguys call it an off fee.

The bar fine is usually higher in lady bars and can be 500B. Usually the drinks are cheaper but
the tip expectations are similar if not higher by the girls. I know from having been a couple of times...

Gaymen never use the bar fine expression and if you ever take a visa run you will hear "bar fine" and
not "off". Avoid these trips at all costs as the straights predominate and assume everyone is into the
same thing and they are even more boring with all their stories about sick buffaloes etc. than the gayguys.

I would hate to be a true bi-sexual man in Pattaya. How would you every make up your mind where to go
at nite and if you add the choices of all the available ladies to all the available boys/men, the numbers
boggle the mind. Maybe you flip a coin or maybe you admit you are queer and can't wait to get away from the
pussy bars and find a man, or maybe not......... :cat:

April 23rd, 2007, 18:33
There are already a few trails on this topic which you may care to 'search'

The "bar fine" normally refers to the fee payed to a bar when you take one of their staff away from the bar. It is almost always called the "off fee" nowadays. This can vary from 200 to 400 baht for go-go- boys or hosts. Waiter, captains, doormen, captains and mama-sans are generally an extra 100 to 300 bahts. The logic is that it inconveniences the bar to take them away and still applies 5 minutes to closing time.

There is no set fee for everywhere though there seems to be a range of norms for different bars and circumstances. People get very aerated on this topic though I am not sure why. Anything less than 500 baht tip is thought mean and over 1500 generous.

The odd thing is that overall boys get lower fees than girls. Does not seem fair to me but when in Rome etc.

April 23rd, 2007, 19:22
The odd thing is that overall boys get lower fees than girls. Does not seem fair to me but when in Rome etc.The girls get a performance bonus for faking an orgasm - boys can't do that :compress:

April 23rd, 2007, 22:07
Ah but homintern old chap you've been faking your orgasm most of your life. That's why you whip the condom off so fast and flush it away not revealing the lack of content to the boy.
Have a nice day colonel

April 23rd, 2007, 22:30
...whip the condom off so fast and flush it away not revealing the lack of content...

I off a boy from Tawan bar last year, and this was exactly what he did....fake orgasm.

Up2U
April 23rd, 2007, 23:32

The guys at Nana Plaza were helpful in letting us know how the girls work. I was the only bi in the group and didn't ask too many questions in Pattaya boys town. I was just figuring it would be cheaper for some reason.

well thanks for the info guys -- sure I'll be around now that I found this forum!

The bar fine/off-fee was 600 THB in the ladyboy bars at NEP in Bangkok this last January.

April 24th, 2007, 01:06
The straight guys call it a bar fine and the gayguys call it an off fee.

The bar fine is usually higher in lady bars and can be 500B. Usually the drinks are cheaper but
the tip expectations are similar if not higher by the girls. I know from having been a couple of times...

Gaymen never use the bar fine expression and if you ever take a visa run you will hear "bar fine" and
not "off". Avoid these trips at all costs as the straights predominate and assume everyone is into the
same thing and they are even more boring with all their stories about sick buffaloes etc. than the gayguys.

I would hate to be a true bi-sexual man in Pattaya. How would you every make up your mind where to go
at nite and if you add the choices of all the available ladies to all the available boys/men, the numbers
boggle the mind. Maybe you flip a coin or maybe you admit you are queer and can't wait to get away from the
pussy bars and find a man, or maybe not......... :cat:

can you explain what you mean by

"and if you ever take a visa run you will hear "bar fine" and
not "off"."

what's a visa run?

BTW, no problem being a bi man in Pattaya. You can have dick for lunch and pussy for dinner and so forth.

orson
April 24th, 2007, 15:06
last week in pattaya 300bht bar fine, and the boy expects 1500 short time. that was even true for places in sunee

April 24th, 2007, 15:31
the boy expects 1500 short time

Don't we all expect more than we are usually paid for our work. I think you will find what a boy expects is higher than what he will actually accept. Unless he is a superstar, there are many boys who will go short time for a lot less, especially during the slow season.

TrongpaiExpat
April 24th, 2007, 19:53
A Pattaya resident friend told me that in the bar he tells the boy, 1000 B is all I can pay for short time, OK? He has leared how to say that in Thai as well. The friend told me that in 7 years in living in Pattaya he has yet to have one refuse the off. He also does not require the boy to bottom, and makes that clear in the offer at the bar.

In Bangkok, it's another story. He came here a few years ago and got refused for the 1000B short time and has not come back since.

April 24th, 2007, 22:46
most boys would willingly pay me to give them a good "turkin" however being a good souled person i am, i always tell then no. I always give them the 20baht taxi ride and if there lucky a 30 baht bowl of rice or gruel.
No serious i give the boys 1000 short time and 1500 all night food and drinks. Never had 1 complaint only nice smile

April 25th, 2007, 00:37
A Pattaya resident friend told me that in the bar he tells the boy, 1000 B is all I can pay for short time, OK? He has leared how to say that in Thai as well. The friend told me that in 7 years in living in Pattaya he has yet to have one refuse the off. He also does not require the boy to bottom, and makes that clear in the offer at the bar.

In Bangkok, it's another story. He came here a few years ago and got refused for the 1000B short time and has not come back since.
Not even necessary to ask in Pattaya. If he isn't satisfied, he will avoid your custom next time. 1000 B is most definitely enough.

catawampuscat
April 25th, 2007, 00:55
prices are different in different cities. BKK is the most expensive and in most bars you will pay more for your drink, more for
the off and more for the tip than in other Thai cities, except maybe Phuket.
My favorite bar in BKK is Solid and as of a few months ago, the drionk were only 100B., the off 300B. and 1000B. tip for short time ok
but certainly not looked upon as generous. I am sure some tip even less but it is up to you...

Those on a tight budget can find many boys in the Silom area around the Pan Paific Hotel at nite and they will be happy with
1000B. or less and of course no off fees or expensive drinks. There is also a cruising park with many boys and the going rate was 500B.
for short time. I recall reading about the park on another forum but reports were quite positive about the quality and quantity
of the boys. Sorry I don't recall name of the park but I am sure someone can update us on it and advise location and name...

Many farangs also avail themselves of the many available boys at the gay beach in Jomtien and as there is no off fee, it is
a bargain and a short time tip over 500B. is usually fine. I always tip more if the boy does everything and less if he is a lay back
and be serviced type who doesn't smoke. There are even short time hotel rooms at the beach which makes it very convenient
to have some fun in the afternoon. :cat: