PDA

View Full Version : The old Studio Boys

paulg
April 23rd, 2007, 02:07
On Baht stop there is a comment of how great Studio Boys had been, and rejected it was a pedo haven

The German owned complex had the bar, the hotel on the top floor, a restaurant/cafe and across the road a massage parlour.

I enjoyed the disco until one night I noticed the 12 and 14 yo hanging around the exit door to the hotel foyer

Expats told me that the top floor was a hotel with under age boys freely available and the security controlled the lift, preventing those not in the know of gaining access to the top floor. They also claimed there were no stairs

On my next visit all the talk was about the BKK police raid, where they forced entry to the top floor by climbing over the roof next door

Whether there were arrests I dont know. I assume the raid was the reason for the breakup of the Studio Group

But the claim that Studio Boys was as clean as a whistle amused me. Some people have selective memories.

I am interested in getting all the story not just Studio Boys was not a pedo haven.

Jetsam
April 23rd, 2007, 02:21
I visited studio boys 2 of times, and did not really liked the place the mamasan or manager was a real asshole and treated his staff like shit, I don't think the gogo bar itself was a real pedo heaven but the beer bars associated with it certainly where, jolly boys for example.

francois
April 23rd, 2007, 10:47
As stated in a post on Baht Stop I never saw any evidence that Studio Boys was a pedo haven. I stayed there on several occasions and visited there when living elsewhere.
The lift/elevator was self service and never controlled by security ( there was no security). There was also stair access although it was awkward. The stairwells to the second floor were at the opposite ends of the building from the stairwells to the third floor. Also there was no upper story bar or lounge.
As far as the bar scene it was not much different than other bars either now or then.
For sure there was never anything like the old "Amigo" with young boys.
Management of Studio is best described as disorganized and confused.. The young Thai receptionist was totally inept . The owner Michel, a Belgium, a nice man, did his best to repair the damage of his staff. Also the staff were most willing to accommodate the guests as best they could.
Yes, there was Jolly Boys across the soi which was a hangout for the after hours crowd. Many of the boys were from the bars after they closed. But again there were no obviously under age boys nor cruising of young boys as one now sees in the Sunnee area.

Finally, I confirmed with friends who stayed at Studio and their response was "No Way" was it pedo oriented.

I can assure you that my memory is not selective. I did not selectively remember or forget anything and reported only what I recall. Hopefully others who have personal knowledge and experience will contribute to this post. Forget about rumor, gossip, and hearsay!

lonelywombat
April 23rd, 2007, 13:08
I had dinner one night at the Flamingo with the late Ian McKnight from Cafe Royale
and he told me the story

He pointed out the go go boys rooms on the second floor, and where the hotel raid had been.

The pedo hotel had been apparently been advertised in Germany and most of the clients
were german

There were plans for the Studio Group to take over a large chunk of the soi, but that
became a dream after the raid.

Studio Boys and Jolly Boys continued after the raid, but the hotel and restaurant
were closed.

francois
April 24th, 2007, 23:08
I had dinner one night at the Flamingo with the late Ian McKnight from Cafe Royale
and he told me the story..
He pointed out the go go boys rooms on the second floor, and where the hotel raid had been.

In response to the above, what you say is based on "hearsay". Something that Ian related to you but what was his source? We will never know.
The rooms at the hotel were occupied by guests and were not rooms for go go boys.
But the owner did have his office and private lodgings on the upper floor and there were rumors as to private parties which may be cause for some of the speculation.
For sure a number of the guests were German as I recall.