PDA

View Full Version : Gentrification in Sunee..Or should we call it Don Plaza Now?

catawampuscat
April 23rd, 2007, 00:05
Sunee Plaza is not even identified as Sunee Plaza anymore as the signs have all come down.
I think Corner Bar helped start it when the seedy never closed hellhole was renovated into Corner Bar.
The Clubber group has been a gentrification tornado in Sunee and the hellhole formally known as Amigo/
Diamond Pub is now an upscale boutique hotel which will open later this month. The new hotel known
as Don Plaza features suites and has turned a rat-trap into a beautiful establishment.

A couple of more restaurants would be great and a good French one or a good Thai one would be more than
welcome.. There are enough German restaurants and someone will some guts might even open a Mexican one.

There are still some eyesores in the Plaza but somehow when the gentrification bug hits , it takes on its own momentum
and hopefully the remaining eyesores will get renovated soon. :cat:

bigben
April 23rd, 2007, 01:00
Perhaps I need to get glasses but in the 3 years I have lived here I have never seen a sign identifying Sunee Plaza as Sunee Plaza.

I cannot imagine a name change because the Thais who are aware of Pattaya and the delights to be had here would never understand it, not to mention all the taxi drivers.

The only possible name change that could take would be something on the order of "The new Sunee Plaza".

But Don Plaza??? Not a snowballs chance in Hell.

Marsha-old
April 23rd, 2007, 02:46
The place looks a lot cleaner. But the clubber group bars are all empty. I know its low season but the place is like a dead zone. The Big German guy is very nice but he has not got a clue. Feel a little sorry for him really, as he has been put there out of choice.

I hope the Hotel takes of, but it will take some doing.
Good luck to them.

Aunty
April 23rd, 2007, 05:07
Well given what goes on there, and its reputation as a pedo haven, might I suggest a name change to Fiddleton?

April 23rd, 2007, 11:03
DELETED

catawampuscat
April 23rd, 2007, 11:18
There used to be signs up which called the soi, Sunee Plaza. They have been removed. There used to Hollywood signs up
which were removed when Hollywood was demolished. These are large entrance signs over the main entrances to the sois.
Everything is quiet in Sunee and even quieter in Jomtien Complex and the Pattayaland sois.

I think bigben will be surprised when the name changes to Don Plaza and I give it 50-50% chance as Madam Sunee or the
family are in politics and don't want the family name used anymore. There is a Marina Plaza sign at one entrance to Sunee. :cat:

llz
April 23rd, 2007, 12:34
This picture is some years old, I did not notice how it looks like now

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/LaurentZ/sunee04.jpg