PDA

View Full Version : Meeting in March

February 4th, 2006, 11:24
I will be in Pattaya the first part of March. I think it would be nice to meet a few of the posters here. Any suggestions ? PM me.

catawampuscat
February 4th, 2006, 17:59
PattayaGay used to organize poster meetings every so often.
I went to several at Cafe Royale and Memories and met many people..

It was a pleasure to met Alan who is probably the man I most respect in Pattaya for his unselfishness, willingness to help strangers, strong and deep respect for Thais and Thailand and for putting up with all the problems of running a forum while living and working in Thailand for so long..He still writes the weekly report and all for no profit whatsoever..

.There are many other good souls I also respect and many are involved with or volunteer at Thai4Life on Soi Yensabai , next to All Boys bar.. They have weekly meetings and it is an excellent place to meet other farangs, volunteer, contribute your used books in any language and buy a huge selection of books and media for a song and you do a good deed..
I know they meet once a week and think it is on Wednesdays but I hope someone can confirm...

February 4th, 2006, 21:06
Thank you!

February 4th, 2006, 21:29
if u spend a couple of days in Bangkok as well, then dont hesitate to private me, though I am not sure when in March I will be back to BKK again, cause I need to go to Europe in mid-February to do some marketing for my small online-business....

February 4th, 2006, 22:06
hes always advertising a gala events at which many posters turn up to ( even the famous Hedda) and there usually for a Thai charity that looks after boys with AIDS..so do some good and met some people at the same time.

and remember..we're not as mad in person as we sound on here !!..we're far worse :geek: :alien: :cheers: :bounce: :cyclopsani: :cyclops:

Gaypattayan
February 4th, 2006, 23:00
Thanks for the kind comments about the GayPattayan meetings of the past.

Thais4Life Bookstore is doing a great job with its weekly meetings on Wednesday afternoons at about 5 p.m., I think, at its bookstore on Soi Yensabai Condo, the soi running off Soi VC -- Soi 17 just before you get to the spot where it turns and joins Soi 16. It is shown on our map of the Sunee Plaza area -- http://www.pattayagay.com/pattaya_maps/site7.html -- and the guys who meet there know this area well. Unfortunately, because I work all day on Wednesdays and don't get home before 5 or 5:30, and am usually pretty exhausted by then, I find it inconvenient for me to attend except when some special reason for my being there arises.

Without detracting from those fine meetings, I'd be happy to consider an occasional meeting such as we had in the past, in the evening at one of our popular venues -- we've been at BoyzTown several times, and at Memories in Sunee -- we could meet at any of those places again, or move it around to perhaps the Jomtien area now that the Jomtien Complex has so many great places.

If anyone is interested, we could even schedule one in March, but I certainly don't want to appear to be undercutting Thais 4 Life in any way. I am still very proud of Thais4Life and all that it has accomplished, and its weekly get-togethers are very informative and a good group of guys participate. Any meeting I would schedule would have to be a little later in the evening (7:30 p.m. or so), and would be very informal, since I have no "agenda" to push -- just a meeting of friends.

Let me know.

G.P. (Allen)

February 5th, 2006, 04:00
xuanloc

I'll be in Croydon until then if that is any help - Heaven preserve me.

February 5th, 2006, 08:28
Ok...thanks for all of your input. I will look forward to the Wednesday meeting at Thais for life. I usually try to stop by there when I am in town...now I know when to go...

Richard