PDA

View Full Version : Information for Chiang Rai needed please.

April 19th, 2007, 23:55
Hi Everyone, I have a good friend who is going to be spending 3 months in Chiang Rai. From my own experiences when there, I was not aware of any gay establishments. That said I was only there for a few days at a time and was not looking for any. Is there anyone here that could give any help as to if there are any bars or any other type of gay places existing there.

Thanks,

George.

P.S. I wasn't successful in finding anything in the search engine.

April 20th, 2007, 01:58
wow, 3 months in Chiang Rai, how exciting...

llz
April 20th, 2007, 02:13
Chiang Rai has two gay bars which are within walking distance one from another.
First there is the Regency Bar which faces the northern side of Wangcome hotel ; small bar with boys "dancing" (one or two in the same time) while the others sit on the benches or outside. Very few people but nice atmosphere.
From there go west to Thanon Jet Yot, turn on your right and after 100 meters you will see a cluster of girlie bars in a small alley on you right (called Patpong ...) ; you will easily spot Lobo Boys Bar among all the others : same format here : one boy dancing in his underwear for about 4 songs and then another ...
I have been told that the Bus Station could be cruisy at night but I could not check by myself.
This information (that you could complete by visiting my blog, see November 2006 archives) are 5 months old but a recent thread on the TMM Messageboard confirmed that it is still up to date now.

April 20th, 2007, 12:51
wow, 3 months in Chiang Rai, how exciting...

Well I guess he can always look on the bright side when realising he could be spending it somewhere even worse. Somewhere that immediately springs to mind, is having to spend it with you! http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/16094547/245974468.jpg

G.

April 20th, 2007, 12:54
First there is the Regency Bar which faces the northern side of Wangcome hotel ; small bar with boys "dancing" (one or two in the same time) while the others sit on the benches or outside. Very few people but nice atmosphere.
From there go west to Thanon Jet Yot, turn on your right and after 100 meters you will see a cluster of girlie bars in a small alley on you right (called Patpong ...) ; you will easily spot Lobo Boys Bar among all the others : same format here : one boy dancing in his underwear for about 4 songs and then another ...
I have been told that the Bus Station could be cruisy at night but I could not check by myself.
This information (that you could complete by visiting my blog, see November 2006 archives) are 5 months old but a recent thread on the TMM Messageboard confirmed that it is still up to date now.

Many thanks for the info llz, it is much appreciated. I will pass it on.

G. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/16094547/245975111.jpg

wowpow
April 20th, 2007, 14:27
You will find good info on www.dreadedned.com (http://www.dreadedned.com) and www.dragoncastle.net (http://www.dragoncastle.net)

I was there in January and had a very nice time. We stayed at PJ's Place which was a delight. I did not care for the bars near the night market especially when told t in one place "Oh that side of the bar is for underage!!!!?

I did like Circle Pub very much and Mr Lay is a delight. We also visited and liked New My Way. Both have shows which are pleasant and some handsome men. In both places it seems a bit difficult to make contact with the boys but you have to be bold.

We were very impressed with the Tapas and Wine bar at The House restaurant. Simon Cabaret is the best tranny show in Thailand and vastly superior to the same show in Phuket. I hear that this is because the choreographer attends every night.

April 20th, 2007, 15:15
You will find good info on www.dreadedned.com (http://www.dreadedned.com) and www.dragoncastle.net (http://www.dragoncastle.net)

I was there in January and had a very nice time. We stayed at PJ's Place which was a delight. I did not care for the bars near the night market especially when told t in one place "Oh that side of the bar is for underage!!!!?

I did like Circle Pub very much and Mr Lay is a delight. We also visited and liked New My Way. Both have shows which are pleasant and some handsome men. In both places it seems a bit difficult to make contact with the boys but you have to be bold.

We were very impressed with the Tapas and Wine bar at The House restaurant. Simon Cabaret is the best tranny show in Thailand and vastly superior to the same show in Phuket. I hear that this is because the choreographer attends every night.

TP you need to clean your spectacles (or stop wanking - they say it makes you blind :geek:)

The subject of the thread is Chiang Rai not Chiang Mai but I suppose being off-topic has never stopped you in the past so why change the habit of a lifetime, eh ?
:cheers:

TrongpaiExpat
April 20th, 2007, 20:53

I was in Chiang Rai about a year ago and stayed at the Wangcome Hotel, a short walk from the bus station. I never noticed the Regency Bar but then again I did not look very hard. There were a few girly bars nearby with very unattractive ladies sitting outside on benches trying to get my attention.

Then one night I went looking for Lobo, I think I found it and there was no were no customers and a few boys who were asleep. I did not want to wake anyone and left.

We went to a place in town and the food was horrable. We finally found a very nice place on a lake with Lanna music and the food was very good. A tuk-tuk dirver took us there, sorry, forgot the name, but they play music from a float on the lake, tell that to a tuk tuk driver that and he should know the place.

April 20th, 2007, 23:58
Chiang Rai is my favourite Thai town though I agree that it lacks the gay scene of other places. The night market is immeasurably more interesting than Chiang Mai's and has excellent crafts on sale from Hill-tribe people. If it's still there, you should eat at Rattankosin which is the upper floor of an antique shop and overlooks the market. The best Thai food I've ever had.
Chiang Rai is also within easy driving distance of some of the most beautiful countryside in Thailand. The roads are quiet and smooth.

April 21st, 2007, 14:01
Stroll around the night bazaar. There are always some handsome gay selling - and others strolling around. Take your time for a flirt.

At the open food court they have around 20 h usually a lady boy group doing some Thai dancing. Just get there and ask the boys where to go at night. They know which place is presently en vogue.

There is always someone lonely but handsome around the bus terminal. It's very close to the night bazaar. Just check there some times.

Look at your hotel. There are usually gay's hanging around. The bellboy or porter might know more.

There is a bar street ending at the Inn Come Hotel. The Beat Club is often gay. Opp. Inn Come parking the open fronted bars are usually very mixed with younger crowd.

Inn Come disco pub is always a good hunting ground, especially at weekends. You need to take your passport for entry.

Chiang Rai is sleazy, easy but very lovely. And you can walk it all.