PDA

View Full Version : Medical Tourism

February 4th, 2006, 06:16
Foreign patients make Thai hospitals healthy

(dpa) - Thailand's private hospitals served 1.28 million foreigners in 2005, earning 33 billion baht ($846 million), and can look forward to an even better performance this year, an economic think tank reported on Friday. The Kasikorn Research Centre (KRC) predicted that Thailand's private hospitals are likely to serve around 1.4 million foreign patients this year with revenue of around 36.4 billion baht ($933 million).

Kasikorn, in a survey on Thailand's hospital sector, concluded that the health care business catering to foreigners would improve in 2006 because of an expected recovery in the tourism industry following the slowdown in 2005 caused by the December 26, 2004, tsunami. The survey noted that the opening of Bangkok's new Suvarnabhumi Airport, scheduled for June, 2006, would also boost Thailand's efforts to become a medical hub for the region.

KRC warned, however, that Thailand's hospitals are facing higher operating costs in terms of personnel wages, electricity bills and interest rates while at the same time facing tougher competition for foreign patients from hospitals in Singapore, Hong Kong, and Malaysia.

Bangkok Post

Monty-old
February 4th, 2006, 07:21
My idea for a gay guest house, For guys to recuperate after Medical treatment,
Does not seem such a bad idea , considering the above posting.
Opinions please.
Monty

jvt22222
February 4th, 2006, 07:46
.......... my opinion......... would have to be in a much more pleasing, restful environment than your current two establishments, which are fine for what they are, just not for recuperating after medical treatment.

February 4th, 2006, 07:57
I know someone who comes here for aggressive proctology every year - only he calls it "fisting"

bing
February 4th, 2006, 08:07
Personally, if I get sick while traveling, I want that insurance that I purchased to take a beating. The company should fix me as well as possible, and pile me into an airplane and take me home. I feel the same way on a cruise ship, they should do what is necessary and call in a chopper and get me to a med center pronto. But if I were to have to spend a few days on the mend in Pattaya, I think Monty's idea of a nice place to stay would be a fine idea.

February 4th, 2006, 08:42
as I'm due for a new round of procedures that will stun the medical world-my doctor says it would have been cheaper for me to wait for a full facial transplant-I intend to book into a Bangkok hospital ( again) very soon and recuperate in Pattaya.

Perhaps I should compile a list of what the ideal room should have Monty.I imagine it would have to be fairy particular but you could always charge more. I reckon a full-time assistant would be one necessity.

You have me on two counts now..a room for elderly gays and a room for post-operatives

February 4th, 2006, 09:01
I imagine it would have to be fairy particular
If you can get me one of those, Monty, I might break the habit of a lifetime

February 4th, 2006, 10:46
these Freudian slips always give the game away :idea: