PDA

View Full Version : Gay Prejudice: Thailand vs. USA

April 13th, 2007, 22:52
Watched a tv prog recently about a religious group in the US. I believe you can find them at godhatesfags.com
A more odious bunch of scum I don't think i've ever come across. If ever there was a reason to build a bomb it would be to drop it on this lot.

April 13th, 2007, 23:12
Bravo Harvey Fierstein. What a great pity there are not more Americans like him. I am certain the world would be a far better place for us all if that were the case. IMO, not only is the good old US of A a million miles ahead of Thailand when it comes to prejudice, they are pretty much ahead of every other nation as well. We not only have to suffer the above type of prejudice from America, God bless them, we also have to suffer their arrogant and obnoxious bullying when they try to force the rest of us lesser mortals to follow their largely ridiculous ideas and false values on almost everything else as well. After all folks, they of course know what is best for all of us, don't they? Doesn't it make you want to vomit? It most certainly does me.

Before I am accused of being one of those people regularly accused of wanting to beat up on America and Americans, let me tell you emphatically, that I am most definitely not. I don't understand why anyone would even want to beat up on them anyway, because lets face it folks, there is no need whatsoever for us to do that, as they beat up enough on themselves.

Lastly, if there is another Nation on this Planet earth of ours, that has a race of people that refrains from passing judgment in the same way as the Thais, on not only gay issues and gay people, but on many other issues as well, I am unaware of it. If there is one that indeed truly exists, than please educate me by informing me of where it is as I have still yet to find it. Great post Rainwalker.

G.

catawampuscat
April 13th, 2007, 23:13
I would have missed the Harvey Fierstein's Op-ed and he hits the nail on the head.
The ugly words spoken were the norm, when I was growing up and racist, anti-woman
sentiments were taken for granted and of course anti-homosexual statement were totally acceptable.

Things have come a long way for women, people of colour, homosexuals but it is still a very long
road and the white anglo-saxon protestants males will not give up their power without a struggle.

I will take the Thailand approach anyday and of course it is far from perfect but far better than
the American approach. At least some of Europe is seeing the light with legal gay marriage and
right to serve in the military but the States are still living in the dark ages as long as the white right wing
christian male crusaders run the show. Tick tick tick until 2008...

gearguy
April 14th, 2007, 06:01
www.godhatessweden.com (http://www.godhatessweden.com)

and check this, be afraid be very afraid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKXIbG0ygJo

I'm glad I'm not in Kansas anymore.

April 14th, 2007, 07:18
Thais usually don't confront gays; Americans do. End of differences

elephantspike
April 14th, 2007, 10:24
How about this one:

God Hates Figs (http://www.godhatesfigs.com)

I believe you can find them at godhatesfags.com
A more odious bunch of scum I don't think i've ever come across. If ever there was a reason to build a bomb it would be to drop it on this lot.

Actually, you are falling right into their trap when you get violently angry with members of that 'God Hates Fags" group. That is exactly their M.O. They incite people to violence with their bigotry, then, if you even nudge them physically, they sue, and they usually win. They are lawyers by trade. They know what they are doing. It is all about money.

April 14th, 2007, 10:47
Thailand...
....The first sin among them which perpetuated the fall was the prejudice of appearance, when those of brighter skin looked down on those with darker skin....

Most Thais have an obvious prejudice of skin color!!!

April 14th, 2007, 15:21
I might fall into the trap of being violently angry with them and I admit I'd cheer if I heard any of them died whether by accident or design but I'm still not sad enough to go to any of their funerals and taunt the mourners as they do. Just how much of a degenerate do you need to be to have a group of you get on a flight to another part of the country with the sole purpose of parading outside of a church as the coffin of a dead soldier is being carried in waving banners declaring "thank god for IED's"? and "thank god for dead soldiers"?
It got me wondering though. What would happen if a family member of the dead person got into their car and drove straight into them killing one or more. Would a jury convict that person of murder/manslaughter or would they consider the provocation to be such that their actions were understandable and excusable?

It's a NOT guilty for me.