PDA

View Full Version : Friendship Supermarket closed for one day

April 12th, 2007, 23:12
Friendship Supermarket on South Pattaya Road, is to close on April 19, 2007 for the Songkran Staff Party and will reopen 07.30 hours 20th April 2007.

Now what do we do :cyclopsani:?

(I edited the heading so as not to cause offence)

TOQ
April 13th, 2007, 00:07
Go on the 18th of course :)

john

April 13th, 2007, 07:42
Writing in capitals is SHOUTING and is best used sparingly.

The Guardian of internet forum etiquette. :))

April 13th, 2007, 07:48
Writing in capitals is SHOUTING and should be used sparingly.

If the supermarket taking a one day holiday isn't something to shout about, I don't know what is.

catawampuscat
April 13th, 2007, 09:10
A few minutes away from Friendship is Topps.. It is in the basement or lower floor of Tukcom Building and should
help bothhans get thru the day Friendship is closed. Or as a wise man once said, he can shop at Friendship on the 18Th.
wowpow is correct about the shouting with the capital lettering but perhaps this is where bothhans socializes as many
farangs seems to enjoy sitting on the outside seating and reading, having a bite or a drink and on some days there
are even free samples of food and/or drink.
Now if the bars were closed for a day, then shout in out.............. :cheers: :cat:

April 13th, 2007, 10:22
Thank you wowpow I didn't mean to be rude - lesson learnt.

April 13th, 2007, 18:41
Writing in capitals is SHOUTING and is best used sparingly.

The Guardian of internet forum etiquette. :))

What a fucking liberty! How very dare you or anyone else speak to another member like that insinuating he is being rude. I think someone is in dire need of a chill pill. Internet forum etiquette? WHAT A LOAD OF OLD SHIT. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245461411.jpg

jinks
April 13th, 2007, 21:25
Careful here....

His Holiness Smiles might give you chapter an verse on this subject.

However, after his last tirade, that re opened thread has died a natural death.

April 13th, 2007, 21:44
Careful here....

His Holiness Smiles might give you chapter an verse on this subject.

He can but try jinks, but if he does, he had better come adequately armed and very well prepared. Thanks for your advice anyway jinks, to be forewarned as they say, is to be forearmed. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245482839.jpg

G.

catawampuscat
April 13th, 2007, 22:59
George , please don't hit the Tab button when you post or his lordship smiles will prove another
one of his points but maybe another poll would be appropriate.

Just joking here ,George but since you are a newbie, some are trying to figure out who you are.
If any of this makes any sense to George, he is not really a newbie but been around a spell...

April 14th, 2007, 02:24
George , please don't hit the Tab button when you post or his lordship smiles will prove another
one of his points but maybe another poll would be appropriate.

Just joking here ,George but since you are a newbie, some are trying to figure out who you are.
If any of this makes any sense to George, he is not really a newbie but been around a spell...

Hi Cat, hope the abbreviation is OK, if not please let me know. First of all, whether or not this pleases you, I would like to say with regard to your post, I have not got a f------g clue in any way shape or form whatsoever, what it is that you are going on about. That said, I am not in the slightest bit offended by it and have an extremely good sense of humour, so when I am privvy to your joke, I am sure I will be able to laugh along with the rest of you who are aware as to exactly what it is that is funny. :scratch:

Secondly Cat, please explain to me exactly what you mean when you say please don't hit the tab button when I post. Unless this tab button is secretly hidden underneath the submit button, I was not aware that I was hitting this tab button of which you speak. Also why would another poll be appropriate and what would the poll be about? Let's now move onto this so called Lordship you speak of, Smiles. Just what point would His Lordship want to prove to me and is he a real Lord, or a self proclaimed one.? If the answer to this question of mine is the latter, than His Lordship Smiles or any other self proclaimed Lord can take their point/s you talk of, and be careful not to injure themselves too severely whilst shoving them up their anus. No offence intended to you Smiles, as I do not know you and I sincerely hope that none will be taken. As Cat says, I am only a newbie here, so until I am fully aware of the politics on this forum and who is who, I will for the time being retain my own counsel.

That said Cat, if you are trying to cast aversions on Smiles unfairly in an attempt to influence my judgment of him, than let me me tell you in advance, that if that is indeed the case, than where this particular newbie is concerned, you have made a grave error, and it will be an error I promise you, that will prove to be to your detriment. No one has ever, and no one ever will be, capable of influencing any decision of mine or my opinion with regard to another person. If it is mind games that you enjoy participating in Cat, let me educate you by informing you, that as the Managing Director and founder of the Mind Fucker Factory, there is nothing in this world I would like to indulge in with you more. than a good old mind game. I am sure that you will be well aware of that wonderful Thai cliche Cat, of up to you.

Let me assure you and I give my word on this, I know no one personally on this forum, or anything about them or concerning them. All I know about the people on this forum is the name they use, and I will form my own opinion of them by their posts. I have already formed the opinion that some of the people here who's posts I have enjoyed reading, along with the helpfulness and politeness they have shown, have already gathered that there are some extremely nice people here. Along with this of course, I have also formed the opinion as a result of certain posts that I have read, that there are also some 24 carat arseholes on this forum too. But hey guys, whats new? Arseholes are everywhere and I was never gullible or naive enough to believe that this forum was going to be the only arsehole free zone on our planet.

Lastly Cat, you say that as a newbie here, people are trying to figure out who I am. People should be aware of that old adage of being careful of what they wish for, as it may well come true. Who would you like me to be Cat? It was never my vocation, but I have been told many times by those closest to me that they believe I would have made an excellent thespian, so I guess I am capable of being whoever you want. Perhaps it is not mind games that you are into after all, and it is really fantasy role playing that you enjoy. I guess time will reveal which one it is. I have already been accused after my first two posts of being LMTU, a person that you obviously adore with a passion, judging what I seen you write about him, and whom I have now familiarised myself with by reading his post. Will the real good guy out of the two of you please stand up. I guess time will answer that question for me too and I am sure it will reveal itself in the very near future.

I will tell you who I am Cat, no need for you to wait for something that is no mystery whatsoever. I am me, George, somebody that is a fun loving guy that does not believe in labeling himself with a tag, and who loves life with a passion. I am also someone that equally despises self righteous arseholes and pompous bastards that believe that a person should be judged solely on whether or not he has spelling or grammar errors in their posts. For the record, as long as I can understand members posts, and they are interesting, which is normally the case, I couldn't give a flying f--k whether they make mistakes or not. Those guys are fine by me and I will take them anyday of the week as opposed to those sad bastards that have nothing better to do, than to proof read other members posts for the sole purpose of pointing out their errors. For those of you sad bastards that fit into this category, please do something for me to make me happy, get a f-----g life or kill yourselves.

Thanks to all of you that have taken the time to wade through this latest novel of mine, it's a pleasure to be here, well some of the time anyway. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245461411.jpg I hope to become acquainted with some of you in the coming months. Before concluding, I would like to inform you all that I am available for children's parties and to finish on topic: I think I will just about be able to get through Friendship's 24 hour closure without going into withdrawal symptoms. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245531791.jpg

G.

francois
April 14th, 2007, 07:08
"That said Cat, if you are trying to cast aversions on Smiles unfairly in an attempt to influence my judgment of him, than let me me tell you in advance, that if that is indeed the case, than where "

The above quote by George includes "let me tell you". Is that a clue or hint as to the identity of the writer or just a random choice of words?

April 14th, 2007, 08:24
"That said Cat, if you are trying to cast aversions on Smiles unfairly in an attempt to influence my judgment of him, than let me me tell you in advance, that if that is indeed the case, than where "

The above quote by George includes "let me tell you". Is that a clue or hint as to the identity of the writer or just a random choice of words?

As to whether or not it was a random choice of words francois, I could not possibly comment. However, although I am impressed at the speed in which you spotted this section of my post, I can promise the following to you and everyone else here for the second and very last time: I am not, never have been, nor ever likely to be in the future, LMTU. From what I have got from the posts of LMTU's, it is clearly evident that he is a far more tolerant person than I will ever be. Anyone unable to see that for themselves, please do yourself a favour and purchase immediately for yourselves, a Labrador dog and a white cane.

I will treat any further outrageous claims of my being LMTU, with the contempt that after this post they will clearly deserve. :angry2:

G.

catawampuscat
April 14th, 2007, 14:10
You are a breath of fresh air on this forum.

My little snipe (joke) was aimed at those, who post whenever a new poster (newbie) shows
intelligence and posts in an orderly grammatical manner. The Tab Button reference was
indeed for smiles, whom I do not hold in high esteem, and was to abort any postings that
George was another name or "hydra" for catawampuscat...

This is all silly nonsense, taken very seriously by some and I trust George will continue posting but
one recommendation is to shorten the very long postings or they will just get skimmed over by
many.

April 14th, 2007, 15:04
You are a breath of fresh air on this forum.

My little snipe (joke) was aimed at those, who post whenever a new poster (newbie) shows
intelligence and posts in an orderly grammatical manner. The Tab Button reference was
indeed for smiles, whom I do not hold in high esteem, and was to abort any postings that
George was another name or "hydra" for catawampuscat...

This is all silly nonsense, taken very seriously by some and I trust George will continue posting but
one recommendation is to shorten the very long postings or they will just get skimmed over by
many.

Thanks for the explanation Cat along with the advice, it is appreciated. You will get to learn with me I hope, that my tongue is very much firmly lodged in my cheek with a lot of my posts. I am also I am told constantly, the possessor of a very warped sense of humour.

Thanks for the tip about the long posts. I am well aware that I can be long winded sometimes and take on board that some of the poor dears here probably don't have the attention span to get through them and will probably doze off before getting to the end. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245461411.jpg

Choc Dee, http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245482839.jpg

G.

catawampuscat
April 14th, 2007, 15:25
I think I like you George and believe me I need all the friends I can get on this forum. :cat

This forum can use a little spunk and some new blood and guts. I wonder how boygeenyus and the colonel
will take to George. It could be interesting...........

April 14th, 2007, 16:17
and of course don't forget that Friendship Supermarket will be closed on April 19th :flower:

francois
April 15th, 2007, 00:04
As to whether or not it was a random choice of words francois, I could not possibly comment. However, although I am impressed at the speed in which you spotted this section of my post, I can promise the following to you and everyone else here for the second and very last time: I am not, never have been, nor ever likely to be in the future, LMTU. From what I have got from the posts of LMTU's, it is clearly evident that he is a far more tolerant person than I will ever be. Anyone unable to see that for themselves, please do yourself a favour and purchase immediately for yourselves, a Labrador dog and a white cane.

I will treat any further outrageous claims of my being LMTU, with the contempt that after this post they will clearly deserve. :angry2:

G.

Well George, after reading your response I sure would not want to cross swords, words or paths with you!

Brad the Impala
April 15th, 2007, 01:59
Will the real good guy out of the two of you please stand up.
G.

Don't hold your breath waiting for one to stand up. Bit pointless if either did, as he would only be hit by the other's handbag.

Does there always have to be a good guy? Sigh.

Oh and welcome

catawampuscat
April 15th, 2007, 13:55
Brad the Imp,
If someone slaps you in your face and tells ridiculous lies about you in your community, what would you do?
Would you turn the other cheek? I doubt it as you always want proof of an assertion and even expect posters
to go into the archives to verify inane points.

If you did your research as you expect and sometimes demand others to do, you would find which poster makes
the first slap and which poster defends himself.
I have made many appeals to end this boring nonsense as arguing with mental ill people is like spitting into the wind
but periodically the same insane fool brings up the same old tired lies and rehashes them.

If you do your research, try to count the number of posters and postings which criticize and lambaste earwig/lmtu and
those that find catawampuscat to blame.

I would like nothing better than never to cross words with him again but what would you do if someone called you vicious
lies and besmirched your reputation and belittled your personage and threatened you bodily harm and spun every words into
another absurd lie for his own twisted agenda.

Maybe Brad the Imp, you would lend him a couple of hundred thousand baht until his ship came in and join countless others
caught in the same con game, no I think you would want signed affidavits.. It doesn't work that way on Internet forums.. :cat:

Smiles
April 15th, 2007, 17:47
" ... besmirched your reputation and belittled your personage ... "
Well, for myself ~ and discounting the tab thing ~ I would say that, in general, I'd always be very wary of anyone who referred to themselves as a "personage". (I'll skip right past the observation that the word "besmirched" was also used in the same sentence).

But maybe it's just me .... :geek: :geek: :geek:

Cheers ... and welcome aboard George.

And PS ... Cat, you know very well that I have agreed with you on at least one topic: for those who care, click HERE (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/what-i-have-learned-in-20-years-of-visiting-thailand-t11292-15.html#106889).
So don't start. :laughing6:

Lunchtime O'Booze
April 15th, 2007, 19:04
there are some in Pattaya who are-to put it politely, mad as hatters and believe anyone who dares to join an internet board must be insulted as " LMTU "..and that a so-called "newbie" must earn their spurs, so to speak.
( the real insult is to be accused of being MOI !!..so you got off easy)

It's all nonsense of course and basically the equivalent of schoolyard taunts along the lines of...you can't be in my gang etc etc..

I haven't seen that flare up on this board though...it's more common on the others..where Herr H***a fancies herself as a much sought after pundit on global affairs and decries her perfectly acceptable and respectable background as a minor public servant in the Main Roads Dept of West Australia....or another where the moderator quite literally doesn't shut up for 5 minutes or let other posters get a word in sideways.

Some say that's because if he keeps talking a full bore-the few dozen gays who subscribed their $300US subscription to one of his internet board schemes some years ago won't get a chance to ask for their vanishing money back. ( I don't-I think they know it's lost forever !)

April 15th, 2007, 19:21
Well George, after reading your response I sure would not want to cross swords, words or paths with you![/b]

Hi Francois, I hope with your agreement, we can become better acquainted in the future, as you have displayed to me in your post above, that apart from being a very wise man, you have shown also that that you are obviously someone that possesses the skills of being able to make excellent judgments along with being very perceptive. :thumbup:
Choc Dee,

G. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245482839.jpg

threatened you bodily harm and spun every words intoanother absurd lie for his own twisted agenda. [/b]

I think I will claim the 5Th on that question Cat, as you really wouldn't want to hear my answer, trust me.http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245531791.jpg

G.

No of course not Brad, but it's nice when there is don't you think? By the way, thanks for showing me the courtesy of welcoming me to the forum. You are obviously a man like myself, in as much as good manners are important to you. Something that it is obviously not the case with many other members here. http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1452/5958747/14491765/245461411.jpg

G.

[quote="Smiles" Cheers ... and welcome aboard George.

I obviously was not including your Lordship as one of those many members here who I claimed above are sadly lacking in the manners department. Manners I am sure, are extremely important to someone of your class and aristocratic breeding. :angel4: All joking aside Smiles, thank you for the courtesy of your welcome. I look forward to getting to know you more :hello2:

G.

April 15th, 2007, 19:42
... if you are trying to cast aversions on Smiles unfairly Now there's an interesting concept. To cast aversions on someone. It's a mind-boggling thought. And then to do it unfairly. I wonder what the difference is between casting aversions fairly and casting aversions unfairly

Smiles
April 15th, 2007, 19:43
I remember a poster with the handle "George" on the original DreadedNed message board. Going back in history ~ 1999 or 2000, way back then ~ so my memory becomes vague, but I recall a funny and take-no-prisoners kind of dude who wrote, most of the time, things which were spot on.
Once that original Board was taken down I did not see any poster of that name emerge again on any of the boards which arose to fill in the vacuum.
Brad the Impaler would remember, I'm sure ... and perhaps a few others.

Not that it matters one iota ~ different Board, different space/time ... but are you the Old George?

... if you are trying to cast aversions on Smiles unfairly
Under normal circumstances, I prefer "aspersions" to "aversions". They exist on a higher plane . . . rather like the subtle difference between "impaler" and "impala".

Cheers ...

April 15th, 2007, 19:56
there are some in Pattaya who are-to put it politely, mad as hatters and believe anyone who dares to join an internet board must be insulted as " LMTU "..and that a so-called "newbie" must earn their spurs, so to speak.
( the real insult is to be accused of being MOI !!..so you got off easy)

It's all nonsense of course and basically the equivalent of schoolyard taunts along the lines of...you can't be in my gang etc etc..

I haven't seen that flare up on this board though...it's more common on the others..where Herr H***a fancies herself as a much sought after pundit on global affairs and decries her perfectly acceptable and respectable background as a minor public servant in the Main Roads Dept of West Australia....or another where the moderator quite literally doesn't shut up for 5 minutes or let other posters get a word in sideways.

Some say that's because if he keeps talking a full bore-the few dozen gays who subscribed their $300US subscription to one of his internet board schemes some years ago won't get a chance to ask for their vanishing money back. ( I don't-I think they know it's lost forever !)

I assure you Lunchtime O'Booze, that contrary to what some here may believe, I am extremely relaxed. I could not agree with you more with regard to your assessing some of the post as nothing more than schoolyard taunts and am truly amazed by the immaturity displayed by some of the members here, in their posts.

Thankfully, I am pleased to say, that these type of people from what I have witnessed, seem to be in the minority. I have found enough members here whose posts show them to be the complete opposite of those described above, and who are encouraging me to at least stick around for the time being here, in order to give both the forum and myself, a fair shot.

Many thanks for enlightening me Lunchtime O'Booze on at least some issues, which I will now be able to research further for myself in order to gain a better understanding of some of the politics here. I hope that you are having an enjoyable Songkran.

Choc Dee,

G.

April 15th, 2007, 20:08
Under normal circumstances, I prefer "aspersions" to "aversions". They exist on a higher plane . . . I was hoping rather that George had stumbled across a new expression, previously unknown in polite society; all sorts of exotic flora and fauna come blinking into the daylight when you turn over the stones at Pattaya